Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

On Sale

• Cities XL 2012 on Steam. Save 50%.
  • F.E.A.R. Collection on Steam. Save 50%.
  • Kane and Lynch Franchise on Steam. Save 75%.
  • LIMBO on Steam. Save 75%.
  • Overlord Complete Pack on Steam. Save 75%.
  • PAYDAY: The Heist on Steam. Save 50%.
  • The Polynomial - Space of the music on Steam. Save 75%.
  • RAGE on Steam. Save 50%.
  • Sid Meier's Civilization V on Steam. Save 66%.
  • Tom Clancy Pack on Steam. Save 77%.
  • The Witcher: Enhanced Edition Director's Cut on Steam. Save 75%.
  • The Witcher 2: Assassins of Kings Digital Premium Edition on Steam. Save 40%.
  • Worms Reloaded on Steam. Save 66%.

View
25 Replies. 2 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 ] Older >

25. Re: PayDay Nov 27, 2011, 17:52 Mordecai Walfish

truly its meant to be played with friends & solid voice chat.  
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

24. Re: PayDay Nov 27, 2011, 17:25 Krovven

nin wrote on Nov 27, 2011, 10:39:

I feared that, which is why I didn't pick it up.

Of course it's meant to be played multiplayer. That's like playing Left 4 Dead solo with bots. Why would you? It's a coop game from the ground up. Whining that it's no good solo is just retarded.

23. Re: PayDay Nov 27, 2011, 10:39 nin

I messed around with the single player a bit and it's clear that it's meant to be played multiplayer.

I feared that, which is why I didn't pick it up. Sounds like I didn't miss much.

Hopefully Sunday will go out with a bang on Steam.

http://www.nin.com/pub/tension/

21. Re: PayDay Nov 27, 2011, 09:51 Enahs

Yeah, I really enjoyed Limbo. It is pretty fun little platform puzzler.

And I laughed the first time I really died (not from just falling so far). The deaths are so violent and detailed compared to the rest of the world it was just funny.

I am free of all prejudice. I hate everyone equally.
- W. C. Fields

20. PayDay Nov 27, 2011, 09:44 JayDeath

I picked up Payday as well. I messed around with the single player a bit and it's clear that it's meant to be played multiplayer. But I was checking the forums and some are saying that the online community is kinda shitty. Apparently if you don't have a rep of at least 100, you'll most likely be kicked off the server. That's not cool. I'll have to play some multi first to verify, I guess.  
Steam: Henry Krinkle

Why isn't there a remake of Westworld?

19. removed Nov 27, 2011, 05:28 chenghan

* REMOVED *
This comment was deleted on Nov 27, 2011, 05:59.

18. Re: On Sale Nov 27, 2011, 01:53 Jerykk

MuzixMon wrote on Nov 26, 2011, 22:38:
My son has been crossing his fingers for Arkham City to go on sale but after I bought a few too many games on the steam sale I didn't think I could swing any more money this weekend... but I went to ONLIVE and started a account for him and paid a whole DOLLAR for the game ($1.00 for first game for new accounts) and he's been playing it non stop for hours glitch free. Granted, it doesn't look the best it could look but it's certainly comparable to the console versions. Many people here on Bluesnews hate onlive but you'd be crazy to not give it a shot by investing a buck for a brand new game selling for $50-$60 bucks. I highly recommend it for sure.

Meh. To me, the whole point of PC gaming is superior performance, superior quality and superior flexibility. OnLive doesn't offer any of these. If I just wanted a tolerable experience, I'd buy a console.

17. Re: On Sale Nov 27, 2011, 00:23 shponglefan

Zadig wrote on Nov 26, 2011, 18:03:
Was excited by the Limbo sale but tried the demo first. Endless trial & error gameplay and the glaucoma-scope got old very fast. Glad I tried before I bought.

Too bad. I thought it started out a littl meh, but the later puzzles are very cool.

16. Re: On Sale Nov 26, 2011, 22:38 MuzixMon

My son has been crossing his fingers for Arkham City to go on sale but after I bought a few too many games on the steam sale I didn't think I could swing any more money this weekend... but I went to ONLIVE and started a account for him and paid a whole DOLLAR for the game ($1.00 for first game for new accounts) and he's been playing it non stop for hours glitch free. Granted, it doesn't look the best it could look but it's certainly comparable to the console versions. Many people here on Bluesnews hate onlive but you'd be crazy to not give it a shot by investing a buck for a brand new game selling for $50-$60 bucks. I highly recommend it for sure.  

"When all thats left is console gaming, I will game no more."

15. Re: On Sale Nov 26, 2011, 22:13 jimnms

I was hoping Payday would go on sale, but secretly I was hoping it wouldn't because I feel like I've already got too much to do. I've got a friend that will go in on a 4-pack with me if we can find a couple of people to split the remaining copies with.

I passed on the DX:HR DLC yesterday, the content didn't seem worth the price after getting all of the FNV DLC for a little bit more. Maybe xmas/new years will have a better deal.

I'd like to get the Civ V DLC, but I only paid $11.37 for the game. That makes it hard justifying $14.36 for the DLC (if you buy the bundle packs and the three remaining singles).

Steam Profile

14. Re: On Sale Nov 26, 2011, 20:28 Mordecai Walfish

Just want to chime in and say that Payday is totally worth $10, and is actively getting updates from the developer as well.

4 player Co-op cop/FBI shooting mayhem, with semi-randomized objectives peppered in, and even limited stealth gameplay on the diamond heist.

Fun game.

13. Re: On Sale Nov 26, 2011, 20:23 Alamar

I'm so finally jumping on a Rage purchase when it's 50% off a regular price of about $30... ; )

Maybe $20...

I guess I already have everything I want, because nothing in any of these lists (minus ME2 for $5) has interested me (and that one Steam wouldn't let me buy).

-Alamar

12. Re: On Sale Nov 26, 2011, 20:10 Prez

Rattlehead wrote on Nov 26, 2011, 18:48:
Payday worth $10? What is it like?

Did/do you like the Left 4 Dead formula? if not, you will not like Payday. If you do, there's a very good chance you'll love Payday. Personally, I love it. It feels a bit undercooked in places, but for 20 bucks I could give it a pass.

I think it's well worth 10 bucks. The devs will have some more heists as DLC soon according to their Press releases, but what's there now is good enough on it's own.

“The greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be judged by the way its animals are treated.”
- Mahatma Gandhi

11. Re: On Sale Nov 26, 2011, 19:51 Jerykk

Was excited by the Limbo sale but tried the demo first. Endless trial & error gameplay and the glaucoma-scope got old very fast. Glad I tried before I bought.

I thought LIMBO was great. But if you don't like puzzle-platformers, I can see why you wouldn't like it.

10. Re: On Sale Nov 26, 2011, 19:45 DG

Decided to finally pick up the Civ V DLC, though still overpriced as I don't play the scenarios.

If you're buying the game it's cheaper to buy the near-complete GOTY version. If you have the game and want all the DLC, there's semi-hidden mini bundles that knock a further 15% off in total. Korea+wonders, Denmark+explorer and Cradle. Polynesia, Spain and Babylon don't seem to have bundles.

9. Re: On Sale Nov 26, 2011, 19:18 hoolaparara

I reckon more than half the games I've looked at in these steam sales have been almost twice as much for australians. Civ V $16.99 says steamgamesales.. $30.99 when I get there.. LA Noire was $24.99 says teamgamesales.. $44.99 when I go there.. Amazing.  

8. Re: On Sale Nov 26, 2011, 19:09 Krovven

Payday is fun. Chaotic. Non-stop shooting spree with objectives.

Hit me up on Steam. I've got an extra copy if you want to buy me something from my Wishlist.

7. Re: On Sale Nov 26, 2011, 18:48 Rattlehead

Payday worth $10? What is it like?  

6. Re: On Sale Nov 26, 2011, 18:41 MuzixMon

FEAR 3 was not a bad game. The game is worth the 20 bucks for the coop campaign alone. I liked it much more than I did FEAR 2. Still not as good as the original though mostly because FEAR 1 was a PC game not a port ala F2 and F3.  

"When all thats left is console gaming, I will game no more."

25 Replies. 2 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 ] Older >

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo