Steam offers a small update
for Serious Sam 3: BFE
as well a larger subsequent automatic patch
for Croteam's just-released first-person shooter sequel. On a related note, this trailer
shows off some mayhem from the game from the unique perspective of Croteam CFO Fork Parker, who writes: "Sup nerds, I edited my own video for Serious Sam 3 to show those bums in marketing how it's done." The notes for the two patches follow:
- Fixed data missing from some formatted texts in German language
- Fixed Moddable (unrestricted) version of the game not launching if autoexec.cfg is present.
- Fixed player sometimes getting into state with no weapons when respawning in Versus, or crossing levels.
- Fixed older saves not being loadable after the first update. This version should be able to load saves from any of previous two versions.
- Fixed some rare cases where player disconnecting at a very particular moment would make some parts of gameplay scripts to break (usually not spawning some enemies or similar).
- When several players are standing in front of ammo crate and one of them opens the crate, ammo will be awarded to all of them, not only to the one who opened it.
- Fixed cases when player disconnecting while standing on an item could crash the server.
- Fixed scripted flashlights (e.g. Spooky Secrets) not working on client.
- Player carrying a flag in CTF cannot sprint now.
- Fixed a crash that could happen at random when Technopolip was killed.
- Fixed a problem where sometimes all Gnaar melees in the game were long melees, instead of quick ones.
- Fixed "Old School" achievement flagged as failing if pressing the reload binding even if the reload didn't actually happen. It will now fail only if the reload was actually performed.
- Prevented crash that happened if Cheat menu was accessed during level loading.
- Fixed quick weapon swap sometimes remembering the wrong weapon.