Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Greenbelt, MD 08/22

Regularly scheduled events

On Sale

Get 20% off your entire order at Direct2Drive with the coupon code "DOORBUSTER" on checkout. And: Amazon.com Black Friday Game Deals.

• Anno 2070 on Get Games. Save 20%.
  • Aspyr OS X Games on Application Systems London. Save up to 50%.
  • Back to the Future: The Game on Steam. Save 60%.
  • Battlefield 3 on Impulse Driven. Save 33%.
  • Batman Arkham City on Get Games. Save 20%.
  • The Chronicles of Riddick: Assault on Dark Athena on Steam. Save 75%.
  • Commandos Complete on Get Games. Save 75%.
  • Dead Island on Steam. Save 50%.
  • Deus Ex Game of the Year Edition on Impulse Driven. Save 40%.
  • Deus Ex: Human Revolution on Steam. Save 50%.
  • Deus Ex Invisible War on Impulse Driven.
  • Flight Control HD on Steam. Save 75%.
  • Grand Theft Auto Complete Pack on Steam. Save 75%.
  • Indie Music Bundle on Game Music Bundle. 10 albums for as little as $1.00.
  • Jagged Alliance 2 Gold Edition on Get Games. Save 75%.
  • Just Cause 2 on Get Games. Save 75%.
  • King Arthur Collection on Steam. Save 75%.
  • Men of War: Assault Squad on Get Games. Save 75%.
  • Need for Speed: The Run on Impulse Driven. Save 50%.
  • Panoply of games on GOG.com. Save 50%.
  • Patrician IV - Steam Special Edition on Steam. Save 66%.
  • Red Orchestra 2: Heroes of Stalingrad on Get Games. Save 20% and get Red Orchestra free.
  • RIFT Ashes of History Digital Collector's Edition on Direct2Drive. Save 75%.
  • Sanctum on Steam. Save 75%.
  • Serious Sam 3: BFE on Get Games.
  • Serious Sam HD: Double Pack on Steam. Save 90%.
  • Sonic Generations on Get Games. Save 25%.
  • Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic on Steam. Save 50%.
  • Warhammer 40,000: Space Marine on Steam. Save 33%.

View
41 Replies. 3 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 ] Older >

41. Re: On Sale Nov 26, 2011, 16:52 ForgedReality

Creston wrote on Nov 26, 2011, 14:18:
ForgedReality wrote on Nov 25, 2011, 23:33:
Creston wrote on Nov 25, 2011, 22:04:
jacobvandy wrote on Nov 25, 2011, 18:10:
Surprised to see no mention of Origin's actually pretty good deals on Blue's post. In addition to the aforementioned Batman: AC for $25, they have Battlefield 3 for $30 and Need For Speed: The Run for $20. Yes, the new NFS game that came out like a week ago is 60% off!

Those are actually pretty good deals. I'm amazed they're selling BF3 for 30 bucks already.

Now if only the idiots at EA learned about this magical technology called Download Resuming.

Creston

Uhhhh... It resumes fine. I don't know what crack you're smoking. That's why there's a pause button right there next to your download.

It does? It didn't for me when my one and only download on it failed (with an "unknown error") at like ~240 MB. Had to start right over from scratch.

Creston

Damn that sucks, but at least you weren't 11gb in.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

40. Re: On Sale Nov 26, 2011, 14:19 Creston

jimnms wrote on Nov 26, 2011, 03:02:
I guess Direct2Drive doesn't want my money. I tried to pre-purchase Trine 2 with the 20% off BF code, and it asks for a phone number to authorize payment. I entered my phone number, but it says it can't process the call. I tried again, entering it with dashes, but I got the same error. Now it says I have reached the failed transaction limit. I'll just wait and see if Steam offers a better pre-order deal before it ships, otherwise $3 isn't that big of a deal.

D2D has never accepted my credit card, period. I have no idea what the hell their problem is. That credit card works just fine for Steam, and Amazon, and Newegg, etc etc etc.

Creston

39. Re: On Sale Nov 26, 2011, 14:18 Creston

ForgedReality wrote on Nov 25, 2011, 23:33:
Surprised to see no mention of Origin's actually pretty good deals on Blue's post. In addition to the aforementioned Batman: AC for $25, they have Battlefield 3 for $30 and Need For Speed: The Run for $20. Yes, the new NFS game that came out like a week ago is 60% off!

Those are actually pretty good deals. I'm amazed they're selling BF3 for 30 bucks already.

Now if only the idiots at EA learned about this magical technology called Download Resuming.

Creston

Uhhhh... It resumes fine. I don't know what crack you're smoking. That's why there's a pause button right there next to your download.

It does? It didn't for me when my one and only download on it failed (with an "unknown error") at like ~240 MB. Had to start right over from scratch.

Creston

38. Re: On Sale Nov 26, 2011, 11:11 xXBatmanXx

Bumpy wrote on Nov 26, 2011, 00:05:
RAGE still at $30. I suppose its worth it but already have too many games I bought in the last week.

The Witcher 2 for $16 at Amazon is a great deal too.

Holy monkey balls!

So I bought DX for 20.00 on Amazon download service.
Well, I didn't see the note at the bottom for "5 dollar coupon for 2011 best seller".

Guess what is on the best selling list!
ZYup, Witcher 2 Digital Premium.
16.00 - 5.00 coupon = 11.00!!!!

Wow. Some really sweet deals this holiday already.

....hmmm...wtf....it won't let me apply it....

//DAMN! It isn't good until 1.1.12
shiiiiiiittt.......still, 16 is a killer deal!
(did anyone buy it? Can you put the key into steam? - Amazon forums say no. Bummer)

This comment was edited on Nov 26, 2011, 11:38.

In this present crisis, government is not the solution to our problem; government is the problem. / Few men have virtue enough to withstand the highest bidder.
Playing: New dad

37. Re: On Sale Nov 26, 2011, 10:10 xXBatmanXx

ForgedReality wrote on Nov 26, 2011, 02:23:
xXBatmanXx wrote on Nov 26, 2011, 00:04:
DG wrote on Nov 25, 2011, 20:25:
Dead Island is tempting, but people seemed to have mixed views and I already bought more games than I'm going to be able to play

Buy it, then msg me. It is awesome and fun.

But then, you also like Rage and MW3... Just sayin...

That's fine. I don't care if you miss out on great gaming.

RAGE was a nice diversion, wish it was more like Borderlands, but it isn't. Not a big deal, got a good price on it.

MW3 - meh, it is MW3. No biggie. Played it a fair amount, not as good as Blops, but whatever.

DI beats them both. Playing on xbox and PC.

This comment was edited on Nov 26, 2011, 10:19.

In this present crisis, government is not the solution to our problem; government is the problem. / Few men have virtue enough to withstand the highest bidder.

36. Re: On Sale Nov 26, 2011, 08:54 Zadig

Deus Ex 3 can wait until all the content is under $20. I thought about Liberty City but I still haven't finished GTAIV, so I won't be buying any of today (yesterdays) sales. I'm hoping they match the Amazon price of Witcher 2, if not I'll get it there.

BF3 was $30 on Amazon yesterday.

35. Re: On Sale Nov 26, 2011, 05:21 jimnms

OpticNerve wrote on Nov 26, 2011, 04:20:
Send them a quick ticket with their web support thing. They replied within 2 hours and forwarded me though so I didn't have to deal with the phonecall BS. 20% off Skyrim was too good to pass up :]

I did, but but after 2.5 hours I hadn't heard from them. Not knowing when the sale would end, I tried a different payment method and it went through. This was my first purchase with D2D, and I can't say it left a good impression on me.

Steam Profile

34. Re: On Sale Nov 26, 2011, 04:20 OpticNerve

jimnms wrote on Nov 26, 2011, 03:02:
I guess Direct2Drive doesn't want my money. I tried to pre-purchase Trine 2 with the 20% off BF code, and it asks for a phone number to authorize payment. I entered my phone number, but it says it can't process the call. I tried again, entering it with dashes, but I got the same error. Now it says I have reached the failed transaction limit. I'll just wait and see if Steam offers a better pre-order deal before it ships, otherwise $3 isn't that big of a deal.

Send them a quick ticket with their web support thing. They replied within 2 hours and forwarded me though so I didn't have to deal with the phonecall BS. 20% off Skyrim was too good to pass up :]

http://theopticnerve.deviantart.com

33. Re: On Sale Nov 26, 2011, 03:02 jimnms

Steam Profile

32. Re: On Sale Nov 26, 2011, 02:23 ForgedReality

xXBatmanXx wrote on Nov 26, 2011, 00:04:
Dead Island is tempting, but people seemed to have mixed views and I already bought more games than I'm going to be able to play

But then, you also like Rage and MW3... Just sayin...

31. Re: On Sale Nov 26, 2011, 01:28 Jerykk

Kitkoan wrote on Nov 25, 2011, 23:07:
Darks wrote on Nov 25, 2011, 22:48:
Rattlehead wrote on Nov 25, 2011, 22:14:
Does Arkham City require Origin to play???

I wanted to know this answer too.

According to Steam, no it doesn't. But does need Games for Windows Live to play online.
http://store.steampowered.com/app/57400/

Arkham City doesn't have any multiplayer. You need to install GFWL just to play the game at all. Thankfully, you can make an offline account.

30. Re: On Sale Nov 26, 2011, 00:05 Bumpy

RAGE still at $30. I suppose its worth it but already have too many games I bought in the last week.

The Witcher 2 for $16 at Amazon is a great deal too.

29. Re: On Sale Nov 26, 2011, 00:04 xXBatmanXx

28. Re: On Sale Nov 26, 2011, 00:04 Veterator

Also on Battlefield 3, make sure you check to see if it includes DLC like the karkland pack. Otherwise you spend another 15 bucks on the DLC, that people who bought BF3 previously on other sales get for free.

27. Re: On Sale Nov 26, 2011, 00:01 Veterator

Kitkoan wrote on Nov 25, 2011, 19:12:
Just bought the Indie Music Bundle and was surprised to see there is a download limit on how many times you can download each album. While I admit its 20 which is quite a few times, but still was surprised to see a limit when they are DRM-free.

This is probably in response to other indie offers like humble using a webpage unique URL...that can be shared and have a few hundred people download the stuff. They limit you to 20 to keep you from sharing the link and wasting tons of their bandwidth.

26. Re: On Sale Nov 25, 2011, 23:45 Sepharo

All this talk about pausing and resuming, I just went to check on my Arkham City download and it was only at 1.34% because it was paused!

I didn't press pause and I didn't play any other games, what the hell.

25. Re: On Sale Nov 25, 2011, 23:33 ForgedReality

Creston

24. Re: On Sale Nov 25, 2011, 23:07 Kitkoan

Darks wrote on Nov 25, 2011, 22:48:

According to Steam, no it doesn't. But does need Games for Windows Live to play online.
http://store.steampowered.com/app/57400/

*automatically refuses to place horse heads in anyone's bed*

23. Re: On Sale Nov 25, 2011, 22:48 Darks

Creator of the Neverwnter Nights Eye of the Beholder Series of Mods.

http://nwvault.ign.com/View.php?view=Modules.Detail&id=6375

22. Re: On Sale Nov 25, 2011, 22:22 Elricsi

This got me off the fence. I installed Origin today and scored The Run. (Short game length is no issue with me, as I am so busy.)

41 Replies. 3 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo