Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Greenbelt, MD 08/22

Regularly scheduled events

Black Friday Mobilization

View
22 Replies. 2 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 ] Older >

22. Re: Black Friday Mobilization Nov 28, 2011, 00:03 Sepharo

The weird thing is that you somehow got trolled into arguing against a point he never tried to make. It's just his usual ol' meta rambling and you somehow manage to warp it into Apple fanboyism Confused  

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

21. Re: Black Friday Mobilization Nov 27, 2011, 17:31 Kitkoan

space captain wrote on Nov 27, 2011, 01:47:
its not really "trolling" if i make you sound like an idiot because you are one

sorry kids

No, but showing yourself to be the idiot in front of evidence and everyone while refusing to even acknowledge that you might just be wrong is trolling.

Now please, go back under your bridge, the adults are talking.

*automatically refuses to place horse heads in anyone's bed*

20. removed Nov 27, 2011, 05:28 chenghan

* REMOVED *
This comment was deleted on Nov 27, 2011, 05:59.

19. Re: Black Friday Mobilization Nov 27, 2011, 01:47 space captain

its not really "trolling" if i make you sound like an idiot because you are one

sorry kids

Go forth, and kill!

18. Re: Dr. Sbaitso Nov 27, 2011, 01:47 Bodolza

Rain wrote on Nov 26, 2011, 11:54:
I believe Dr. Sbaitso from Creative Labs was the first...

How do you feel about was the first?

17. Re: Wes Craven's Nov 26, 2011, 18:01 Kitkoan

Pankin wrote on Nov 26, 2011, 10:46:

I don't think anyone here is defending Siri as being the first of anything. At least, I'm not. I'm more amused by Microsoft's reaction to Siri. To me, that reaction tells me pretty much all I need to know about Microsoft and their weird ad-hoc marketing machine.

Yeah, I'll admit, Microsoft sucks at marketing. I think a part of it is just because they got quite used to be the only thought in peoples minds with computers and they never really needed to make ads for that part. Now that they have really started to branch out technologically, they need to advertise their new stuff but have no idea on how to go about it since for what, 20 years, they never needed to make ads for the public? This has of course hurt them.

And thank you for the warning about space caption, Tanto Edge. I forgot until a little while after my last post that this wasn't the first time I've dealt with his trolling. He did the same thing about Macs in the work place and I pointed out that of the 30 Windows boxes and 2 Macs on our network, the only problems only happen with the Macs (they crap off the network at least once a week and our go-to Mac guy is just tired of having to re-fix them all the time.

16. Dr. Sbaitso Nov 26, 2011, 11:54 Rain

I believe Dr. Sbaitso from Creative Labs was the first...  

"Aoccdrnig to rscheearch at an Elingsh uinervtisy, it deosn't mttaer in waht oredr the ltteers in a wrod are, the olny iprmoetnt tihng is taht the frist and lsat ltteer is at the rghit pclae..."
------------------------------------------------

15. Re: Wes Craven's Nov 26, 2011, 10:46 Pankin

Kitkoan wrote on Nov 25, 2011, 23:51:
space captain wrote on Nov 25, 2011, 23:34:
actual reality is the sticks and stones that will break your bones - not the bullshit you use to hide from it, whatever you want to call it

you see, actual reality does not depend on your subjective interpretation... that is the point

you can describe it however you like, and you can be as wildly inaccurate as you wish - yet the actual reality remains unchanged, and continues to control your every movement

So even though I've shown you about how a full access voice controlled co-developed by Microsoft has existed for years before Siri (with a starting to point so you may continue to review and learn of this technology), you still believe that Siri was the first to do this?

Fascinating. I've of course heard of the the whole concept of Apple/Steve Jobs reality distortion field effect people to ignore the facts and accept what they say, but you sir, you are it in full form. And not only have you accepted what they said was fact, but you've gone as far as blocking and ignoring any and all facts that say otherswise... just... wow.... And you wish to project your blindness on me. Now that is the full potential of marketing.

I don't think anyone here is defending Siri as being the first of anything. At least, I'm not. I'm more amused by Microsoft's reaction to Siri. To me, that reaction tells me pretty much all I need to know about Microsoft and their weird ad-hoc marketing machine.

14. Re: Wes Craven's Nov 26, 2011, 10:24 Tanto Edge

@Kitkoan Don't mind the captain.
Sometimes I swear Bluesnews pays him to troll.

What you're saying is true though. The iPad and other tablets, with Siri etc aren't anything special but just a mini-MS Surface linked to an online Dragon Naturally Speaking server..

Y'know something, if the iPad supported stuff like this:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vXsFNPO_gUM
Then maybe I would give a damn.

This comment was edited on Nov 26, 2011, 10:30.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=705LEH3j2g0&t=0m24s
http://www.youtube.com/user/tantoedge

13. Re: Wes Craven's Nov 25, 2011, 23:51 Kitkoan

space captain wrote on Nov 25, 2011, 23:34:
actual reality is the sticks and stones that will break your bones - not the bullshit you use to hide from it, whatever you want to call it

you see, actual reality does not depend on your subjective interpretation... that is the point

you can describe it however you like, and you can be as wildly inaccurate as you wish - yet the actual reality remains unchanged, and continues to control your every movement

So even though I've shown you about how a full access voice controlled co-developed by Microsoft has existed for years before Siri (with a starting to point so you may continue to review and learn of this technology), you still believe that Siri was the first to do this?

Fascinating. I've of course heard of the the whole concept of Apple/Steve Jobs reality distortion field effect people to ignore the facts and accept what they say, but you sir, you are it in full form. And not only have you accepted what they said was fact, but you've gone as far as blocking and ignoring any and all facts that say otherswise... just... wow.... And you wish to project your blindness on me. Now that is the full potential of marketing.

12. Re: Black Friday Mobilization Nov 25, 2011, 23:50 PHJF

Imagine, if this tech continues to develop pretty soon our phones will be able to transmit actual voice conversations! We won't have to type anything anymore.  

Steam + PSN: PHJF

11. Re: Wes Craven's Nov 25, 2011, 23:34 space captain

Go forth, and kill!

10. Re: Black Friday Mobilization Nov 25, 2011, 23:29 Innocent

haven't we been using voice to text type stuff on the Android platform for a couple years now?  

9. Re: Wes Craven's Nov 25, 2011, 23:06 Kitkoan

space captain wrote on Nov 25, 2011, 22:50:
Kitkoan wrote on Nov 25, 2011, 22:40:
Not as much clueless about actual reality, but that they base actual reality on marketing and not the truth.

interesting that actual reality is not the truth for you

Facts are actual reality to me. Some pretty marketing campaign paid to someone to make me believe otherwise is not.

8. Re: Wes Craven's Nov 25, 2011, 22:50 space captain

Kitkoan wrote on Nov 25, 2011, 22:40:
Not as much clueless about actual reality, but that they base actual reality on marketing and not the truth.

interesting that actual reality is not the truth for you

Go forth, and kill!

7. Re: Wes Craven's Nov 25, 2011, 22:40 Kitkoan

space captain wrote on Nov 25, 2011, 22:08:

are you saying people are clueless about actual reality?

SHOCKER!

6. Re: Wes Craven's Nov 25, 2011, 22:08 space captain

Kitkoan wrote on Nov 25, 2011, 19:35:
This is because people, even if they don't want to admit it, learn and associate what came first and whatever on marketing, and not always on the reality.

are you saying people are clueless about actual reality?

SHOCKER!

Go forth, and kill!

5. Re: Black Friday Mobilization Nov 25, 2011, 20:19 Dev

MS: Did you put it on that phone you had? You know the one you pulled off the market after like 2 weeks?  

4. Re: Black Friday Mobilization Nov 25, 2011, 19:35 Kitkoan

Pankin wrote on Nov 25, 2011, 19:07:
Oh that's hysterical.

Microsoft's like an aging dog: it spends most of it's time sleeping by the fireplace while all the other younger dogs jump over it & play.

To be honest, Microsoft tends to be a lot further in innovation and technology fields then people want to give them credit for.
Siri-like technology has been with Microsoft technology (built also with companies like Ford and other third parties) in Sync. Granted, being a huge part of Ford no doubt prevents them from being used beyond its current form.
The iPad being the "future of how we interact with our computers" really looks like a portable version of Windows Surface, granted the iPad has less function (can't respond to object put on top of it) and more portability. Here's a video of the Windows Surface from 2008, a working model.
Also other aspects like the Kinect with being able to render video input into functions and soon you will be able to control Windows with just motion from the Kinect.
These are the tech other companies are marketing as their own unique tech, but in reality, they are first R&D'ed by Microsoft (as they mentioned in the article, they just really need to learn to market this tech a lot better). This is because people, even if they don't want to admit it, learn and associate what came first and whatever on marketing, and not always on the reality.

3. Re: Black Friday Mobilization Nov 25, 2011, 19:07 Pankin

Oh that's hysterical.

Microsoft's like an aging dog: it spends most of it's time sleeping by the fireplace while all the other younger dogs jump over it & play.

22 Replies. 2 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo