Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

On Sale

Amazon.com Video Games Black Friday Sale and OnLive announces five days of sales, special offers.

Also, 7 must-have Black Friday apps (thanks scorcese.fan) and Top 4 Black Friday 2011 video game console steals.

• Black Friday/Cyber Monday Sale on Paradox Interactive. Save 60% on almost everything.
  • Fallout: New Vegas on Steam. Save 75%.
  • L.A. Noire: The Complete Edition on Steam. Save 50%.
  • Max Payne Collection on Direct2Drive. Save 75%.
  • Monkey Island: Special Edition Bundle on Steam. Save 66%.
  • Operation Flashpoint Complete on Steam. Save 75%.
  • Red Orchestra Franchise on Steam. Save 50%.
  • RIFT on Steam. Save 75%.
  • RollerCoaster Tycoon 3: Platinum on Steam. Save 66%.
  • Sniper: Ghost Warrior on Steam. Save 80%.
  • Two Worlds on Steam. Save 66%.
  • Thanksgiving Weekend Sale on Impulse Driven. Save up to 75%.
  • Total War Mega Pack on Steam. Save 75%.
  • VVVVVV on Steam. Save 75%.
  • Zeno Clash on Steam. Save 75%.

View
44 Replies. 3 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 ] Older >

44. Re: On Sale Nov 25, 2011, 23:45 Ant

So many games, and NO free time. Can I buy free time?  

Ant @ The Ant Farm: http://antfarm.ma.cx and Ant's Quality Foraged Links: http://aqfl.net ...
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

43. Re: On Sale Nov 25, 2011, 17:49 Bhruic

It was announced to be released like Feb next year.

Well, crap, guess that precludes a Christmas release. Oh well, frankly I'm not sure I'd really replay the main game at this point anyway, I did a couple run throughs, not sure there's much content I haven't seen yet.

42. Re: Origin Sucks Nov 25, 2011, 17:24 nin

My wife purchased some Sims 3 stuff this morning and, 16.5 hours later, Origin still has yet to list the games as being in her owned list even though we were charged and have the invoice.

Quick, call Steaming Violet to the rescue!

http://store.nin.com/index.php?cPath=10

41. Origin Sucks Nov 25, 2011, 16:58 Ray Marden

My wife purchased some Sims 3 stuff this morning and, 16.5 hours later, Origin still has yet to list the games as being in her owned list even though we were charged and have the invoice.

This is our second time using EA's terrible Origin program and, yet again, it looks like it will take the morons at EA a good day (or more?) to give us access to downloadable game files.
Or maybe this is the new profit program. Charge the clients for nothing.
Amazed - amazed - that these fools will be running The Old Reupblic,
Ray

Everything is awesome!!!
http://shoutengine.com/GarnettonGames/
I love you, mom.

40. Re: On Sale Nov 25, 2011, 16:30 Enahs

Bhruic wrote on Nov 25, 2011, 12:03:
I'm kinda surprised there's no GotY edition of F:NV yet. I considered getting the DLC, but I'm hoping they have one for Christmas, so I passed.

It was announced to be released like Feb next year.

I am free of all prejudice. I hate everyone equally.
- W. C. Fields

39. Re: On Sale Nov 25, 2011, 16:11 Bhruic

I know most people hate Origin, but they've got a 50% off almost everything sale - which includes BF3 and Arkham City. Good deal for BF3, especially.  

38. Re: On Sale Nov 25, 2011, 14:13 Mashiki Amiketo

Verno wrote on Nov 25, 2011, 13:47:
You can get all of the Deus Ex DLC on sale right now for $9.97.
Nice. Snagged that. Also for those like me who don't own assassins creed(first 2), they're on sale for $13.

By the way anyone who doesn't have KoTOR it's on sale for $4.99

This comment was edited on Nov 25, 2011, 14:31.

--
"For every human problem,
there is a neat, simple solution;
and it is always wrong."
--H.L. Mencken

37. Re: On Sale Nov 25, 2011, 13:56 xXBatmanXx

nin wrote on Nov 25, 2011, 13:40:
[You already have half of them from that Indie Royale bundle?

Oh, todays sale, I see.

edit: Dead Island is easily worth $20, to those that don't have it.

Yea I bought the other ones that I didn't have....should have waited. Not a big deal.

Yea, dead island is a must at that price point.

Buy from GreenManGaming? Use this, we both get $2.00 - http://www.greenmangaming.com/?gmgr=purutuwi

36. Re: On Sale Nov 25, 2011, 13:47 Verno

You can get all of the Deus Ex DLC on sale right now for $9.97.  

Playing: Alien Isolation, Legend of Grimrock 2, Super Mario 3D World
Watching: A Good Marriage, The Knick, Gotham

35. Re: On Sale Nov 25, 2011, 13:40 nin

xXBatmanXx wrote on Nov 25, 2011, 13:35:
nin wrote on Nov 25, 2011, 13:08:
nin wrote on Nov 24, 2011, 16:01:
Now gimmie all that DX DLC for $10!

Woot! Friday!

Whoops....over spent on another DLC the first day - Sanctum. Oh well. they were less than a buck.

You already have half of them from that Indie Royale bundle?

Oh, todays sale, I see.

edit: Dead Island is easily worth $20, to those that don't have it.

34. Re: On Sale Nov 25, 2011, 13:35 xXBatmanXx

nin wrote on Nov 25, 2011, 13:08:

Woot! Friday!

Whoops....over spent on another DLC the first day - Sanctum. Oh well. they were less than a buck.

Buy from GreenManGaming? Use this, we both get $2.00 - http://www.greenmangaming.com/?gmgr=purutuwi

33. Re: On Sale Nov 25, 2011, 13:34 DG

Verno wrote on Nov 25, 2011, 10:33:
FO3 had better exploration IMO, a lot more random, cool stuff to find. FO:NV had way better writing, quests and characterization though.
NV is kinda better in most ways but I'd go for FO3 over NV every time. While I certainly enjoyed it, NV felt ordinary while FO3 kept trying to do cool and interesting things with video games. The juxtaposition of the Wasteland after the Vault. Megaton and blowing it up. Tenpenny Tower. A giant robot. Aliens. The Oasis.

32. Re: On Sale Nov 25, 2011, 13:08 nin

Woot! Friday!

31. Re: On Sale Nov 25, 2011, 12:03 Bhruic

I'm kinda surprised there's no GotY edition of F:NV yet. I considered getting the DLC, but I'm hoping they have one for Christmas, so I passed.  

30. Re: On Sale Nov 25, 2011, 11:39 xXBatmanXx

Verno wrote on Nov 25, 2011, 10:33:
FO3 had better exploration IMO, a lot more random, cool stuff to find. FO:NV had way better writing, quests and characterization though. I feel like Skyrim is a bit weak on the writing and characterization front but very strong on everything else. Still waiting for the Bethesda published game that gets it all right!

Yea, I am really excited (having not bought Skyrim yet) to see what they do with the DLC. Saw a link on another site that said using noclip mode shows a word outside of the main map that contains all of Morrowind AND Oblivion.....

29. Re: On Sale Nov 25, 2011, 11:33 Silicon Avatar

I liked the exploration in FO3 more than in NV but the story of NV was better. I can't really say which game I liked more overall. I'm not sure I could pick.

I think the best FO3 DLC was the one where you go to the swamp. It had a creepy story that was worth doing. I liked the others but I can see why many people would skip them.

I just bought all the NV DLC for like ten bucks so I figure my chances of getting my money's worth there are really high. Steam sales are awesome if you're willing to wait a few months for them to hit.

28. Re: On Sale Nov 25, 2011, 10:33 Verno

FO3 had better exploration IMO, a lot more random, cool stuff to find. FO:NV had way better writing, quests and characterization though. I feel like Skyrim is a bit weak on the writing and characterization front but very strong on everything else. Still waiting for the Bethesda published game that gets it all right!  

Playing: Alien Isolation, Legend of Grimrock 2, Super Mario 3D World
Watching: A Good Marriage, The Knick, Gotham

27. Re: On Sale Nov 25, 2011, 09:51 xXBatmanXx

Zadig wrote on Nov 25, 2011, 09:47:
Already had VVVVVV so I gifted it to someone who will probably never play it. No other definite buys for me and am only really considering New Vegas. It's definitely cheap enough but Steam says I only logged 6 hours with Fallout 3, largely because the story and characters were completely forgettable. A bland, lifeless Fallout simply isn't Fallout. This sounds better though:

Jerykk wrote on Nov 24, 2011, 19:26:
FNV had exponentially better writing than FO3. The characters and the world itself were much better developed and much more believable. The game was also much more open-ended. In fact, it's more open-ended than about 90% of RPGs out there. Almost every quest had branching paths and you could choose your own end goal. Stealth, violence and diplomacy were equally viable approaches for most quests as well, truly letting you roleplay.

Yea dude, I remember a lot more from FNV than FO3. I have video game ADD and was raelly into FNV. FO3 was pretty forgettable.....lots more to do and see in FNV.

26. Re: On Sale Nov 25, 2011, 09:47 Zadig

Already had VVVVVV so I gifted it to someone who will probably never play it. No other definite buys for me and am only really considering New Vegas. It's definitely cheap enough but Steam says I only logged 6 hours with Fallout 3, largely because the story and characters were completely forgettable. A bland, lifeless Fallout simply isn't Fallout. This sounds better though:

Jerykk wrote on Nov 24, 2011, 19:26:
FNV had exponentially better writing than FO3. The characters and the world itself were much better developed and much more believable. The game was also much more open-ended. In fact, it's more open-ended than about 90% of RPGs out there. Almost every quest had branching paths and you could choose your own end goal. Stealth, violence and diplomacy were equally viable approaches for most quests as well, truly letting you roleplay.

25. Re: On Sale Nov 25, 2011, 08:35 xXBatmanXx

son of a bitch......Dark Souls sale at Kmart was YESTERDAY. Oh well. I have enough to play.

/edit: screw it - nothing coming up on sale at kmart I want, and BF3 for xbox is only 34.99. With my coupon, I only paid 5.35.

This comment was edited on Nov 25, 2011, 09:13.

44 Replies. 3 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo