Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Out of the Blue

Happy Thanksgiving to all those who are celebrating. Here's hoping everyone's travel arrangements worked out okay. Things are humming along here in the BlueTower, MrsBlue has been busy all week, and the bird is in the oven, and coming along nicely, thanks in no small part to my expert basting skills. My agenda for the day includes Scotch, football, turkey, more Scotch, and more football. In other words, I have a lot for which to be thankful. And that includes you, if you're reading these words... thanks!

Thanksgiving Links: Thanks Ant and Mike Martinez and Acleacius.
Play: Turkey Bombers.
Star Claws.
Gunball 2: Emperor's Revenge.
Links: 8 Weird and Wacky Thanksgiving Items From Etsy.
Thanksgiving Food Pyramid.
5 Facts About Thanksgiving Your History Teacher Left Out.
Science: Bees help in the battle against tuberculosis. T-bee. Thanks Boing Boing.
Why We Procrastinate. Didn't watch it yet.
Media: Thanksgiving FAILs.
Portal Bedroom of the Day.
Now That is One Good Dog.
The Funnies: M Thru F- The Generation Gap is Getting Narrower Every Day.

View
16 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

16. Re: Out of the Blue Nov 25, 2011, 21:34 LgFriess

Scotch... went through a bottle of Glenmorangie 18yo and a friends left over Johnny Walker Blue. Loved the Glen, was not at all impressed with the Blue. I swear it's one of my least favorite scotches I've tried. Can't figure out the price on that one. I wouldn't pay $15 let alone $200 for the bottle.  

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

15. Re: Out of the Blue Nov 25, 2011, 13:45 nin

my 5870 developed a loud fan rattle. After some research it sounds like it's a very common problem with 5870s and 5970s.

Pretty sure mine was a 5870, and that's why I dumped mine. It's a shame, as it was a great card, otherwise.

Grabbed a 560GTX for cheap and never looked back.

http://www.nin.com/pub/tension/

14. Re: Out of the Blue Nov 25, 2011, 13:42 Sepharo

Took my enormous gaming PC over to the parent's house to show them Skyrim and BF3 but when I brought it back to my place and hooked it up my 5870 developed a loud fan rattle. After some research it sounds like it's a very common problem with 5870s and 5970s.

It currently doesn't seem like it's actually affecting the card (or fan speed) but I know that's probably down the line. I'm just inside a 2 year warranty by a few weeks but of course NewEgg is getting pounded right now and won't let me begin an RMA.

13. Re: Out of the Blue Nov 25, 2011, 13:41 xXBatmanXx

nin wrote on Nov 25, 2011, 11:24:
xXBatmanXx wrote on Nov 25, 2011, 10:54:
Blue must be waiting or th Steam update for sales info.......

Or he's, I dunno, sleepin in and/or spending time with the family.

As far as sales, so far amazon is far outpacing steam for me - they better get their ass in gear if they wanna keep up!

? haven't seen crap on Amazon I wanted. Was thinking Dark Souls, but it is 35.00....I have enough to play at that price point.

skyrim is 48 at d2d.

In this present crisis, government is not the solution to our problem; government is the problem. / Few men have virtue enough to withstand the highest bidder.
Playing: New dad

12. Re: Out of the Blue Nov 25, 2011, 11:24 nin

xXBatmanXx wrote on Nov 25, 2011, 10:54:

Or he's, I dunno, sleepin in and/or spending time with the family.

As far as sales, so far amazon is far outpacing steam for me - they better get their ass in gear if they wanna keep up!

11. Re: Out of the Blue Nov 25, 2011, 10:54 xXBatmanXx

In this present crisis, government is not the solution to our problem; government is the problem. / Few men have virtue enough to withstand the highest bidder.

10. Re: Out of the Blue Nov 24, 2011, 21:03 Cutter

Yeah, baby! Packers!!! Oh, oh, oh! It feels so good!

"The South will boogie again!" - Disco Stu

9. Re: Out of the Blue Nov 24, 2011, 20:01 Acleacius

Happy Thanksgiving everyone! Party  
The people can always be brought to the bidding of the leaders.That is easy.All you have to do is tell them they are being attacked and denounce the pacifists for lack of patriotism and exposing the country to danger.It works the same way in any country.

8. Re: Out of the Blue Nov 24, 2011, 14:53 nin

In other news

Best line:
Kelly said Brandon has fulfilled his duty as a boyfriend and won’t need to see any more “Twilight” movies with her.

Smart plan! Provided I didn't break any teeth or bite the shit out of my tongue, I think I'd take a seizure over seeing the Twilight movies, too.

7. Re: Out of the Blue Nov 24, 2011, 14:34 caralimon

Happy Thanksgiving! We don't celebrate thanksgiving here, but i'm thankful and i thank you (and all the BluesNews "team") for giving us the N. 1 (IMHO) video gaming news site in the web.

So thanks, and have a nice holiday american Bluesnews-reading-thanks-givers!

6. Re: Out of the Blue Nov 24, 2011, 14:29 MisterBenn

Happy Thanksgiving. I confess I had to look up the date when Blue ran "Skyrim patch might come out the week after Thanksgiving" !!!  

Playing: Path of Exile, Pandora: First Contact

5. Re: Out of the Blue Nov 24, 2011, 14:12 Quboid

Happy Thanksgiving, Americans!  

- Quboid

4. Re: Out of the Blue Nov 24, 2011, 14:02 Nere

If you're basting, you're doing it wrong.

More time w/ oven door open = more time for turkey to cook = drier bird.

3. Re: Out of the Blue Nov 24, 2011, 13:52 Hoop

Tango Delta Charlie, the bird is in the oven......I repeat, the bird is in the oven.

Have a great one.

Um .. Behind you...

2. Re: Out of the Blue Nov 24, 2011, 13:45 Cutter

Since our Thanksgiving is long past it's just another day for us. Go Packers!

"The South will boogie again!" - Disco Stu

1. Re: Out of the Blue Nov 24, 2011, 13:35 xXBatmanXx

Thanks Blue! Everyone be safe, lots of movement on the roads today. Buckle up, slow down, eat a lot, drink and be merry, and watch some football in between naps.

Now go buy some Steam games!

16 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo