Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Arkham City DirectX 11 Issue

The Batman: Arkham City Forums have word that they've tracked down some performance issues in Rocksteady's action/stealth sequel to DirectX 11 problems, and until a title update to remedy this is released, they recommend reverting to DirectX 9 (thanks PC Perspective). Here's word:

PC DirectX 11 Issues Please Read
We have received reports of performance issues from players of Batman: Arkham City on PC. After researching the matter, we found that running the game with DX 11 is causing the performance issues. We’re working on a title update to address this matter and expect to make it available in the near future.

In the meantime, a workaround for this issue is to run the game with DX 9 instead of DX 11. Instructions on how to turn off DX 11 are listed below.

We sincerely apologize for any inconvenience with your gameplay experience and thank you all for your patience as we work to resolve this issue.

Instructions for changing DX 11 to DX 9
The Launcher can be accessed on Games for Windows LIVE and Steam to change DX 11 to DX 9 in the Settings menu.
Change both DirectX 11 Features and DirectX 11 Tessellation to OFF.

Games for Windows LIVE
Start > All Programs > Games > Right click on Batman: Arkham City and select Launcher > Settings
1. Open the Start Menu
2. Select All Programs and then the Games folder
3. Right click on Batman: Arkham City and select Launcher
4. Choose Settings then click on the arrow next to DX options to change

Steam:
Launch Steam Client > Library > Right click on Batman: Arkham City > Configure PC Options
1. Open Steam
2. Select Library
3. Right click on Batman: Arkham City and select Configure PC Options
4. Choose Settings then click on the arrow next to DX options to change

View
35 Replies. 2 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 ] Older >

35. Re: Arkham City DirectX 11 Issue Nov 25, 2011, 07:06 Dades

Krovven wrote on Nov 24, 2011, 18:02:
Yea I called him a dumbass, not an ass (2 very different meanings). I call my manager a dumbass every day. For the same reason I called that guy a dumbass, because he couldn't be bothered to figure out the obvious for himself, instead just whines about it.

But hey, that seems to be par for the course around here lately.

No prob you psycho dumbass who can't be bothered to figure out that people might be having problems you are not and that you can't solve.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

34. Re: Arkham City DirectX 11 Issue Nov 24, 2011, 23:27 Jerykk

Yea I called him a dumbass, not an ass (2 very different meanings).

I think "dumbass" is actually worse than "ass." It suggests that the person is both dumb and an ass.

33. Re: Arkham City DirectX 11 Issue Nov 24, 2011, 18:02 Krovven

Yea I called him a dumbass, not an ass (2 very different meanings). I call my manager a dumbass every day. For the same reason I called that guy a dumbass, because he couldn't be bothered to figure out the obvious for himself, instead just whines about it.

But hey, that seems to be par for the course around here lately.

32. Re: Arkham City DirectX 11 Issue Nov 24, 2011, 16:33 Dades

Krovven wrote on Nov 24, 2011, 16:10:
So using common sense = ranting like a psycho? Uh huh. You are the one that routinely rants like a psycho in your posts.

That's me, always ranting at other people about their technical support problems.

Furthermore, please quote where I called anyone an ass in my posts about Arkham City. As usual you are reading things that aren't there and claiming people said things they didnt say.

I already did

So why do you have such a problem with someone stating (correcting your dumb ass) where the problems actually are, instead of the blanket false comments that the game is 'a bad console port' or is 'utterly broken'?

31. Re: Arkham City DirectX 11 Issue Nov 24, 2011, 16:10 Krovven

Dades wrote on Nov 24, 2011, 07:03:
Krovven wrote on Nov 24, 2011, 00:32:
Shocker that they are saying the same thing I said yesterday. Play it in DX9 mode for the time being.

I'm pretty sure they didn't call people asses and rant like a psycho in their press release.

So using common sense = ranting like a psycho? Uh huh. You are the one that routinely rants like a psycho in your posts. Furthermore, please quote where I called anyone an ass in my posts about Arkham City. As usual you are reading things that aren't there and claiming people said things they didnt say.

30. Re: Arkham City DirectX 11 Issue Nov 24, 2011, 14:09 Sempai

Fuck you Rocksteady, just..fuck you.  

29. Re: Arkham City DirectX 11 Issue Nov 24, 2011, 12:35 Matshock

Beelzebud wrote on Nov 24, 2011, 12:03:
2011: "The Year Gamers Should Have Wised Up To Pre-Release Hype".

List of major releases I passed on over the last year or so:

1. DNF

2. Rage

3. MW anything

4. Skyrim (debatable I know, but I was expecting better combat)

5. Everything Assassin's Creed

I plan on passing on:

Mass Effect 3, DOTA 2, SW:TOR, all things AC, all things MW.

In fact the only thing on my want list is Resident Evil TRC.

28. Re: Arkham City DirectX 11 Issue Nov 24, 2011, 12:03 Beelzebud

2011: "The Year Gamers Should Have Wised Up To Pre-Release Hype".  

27. Re: Arkham City DirectX 11 Issue Nov 24, 2011, 11:34 Rigs

jacobvandy wrote on Nov 24, 2011, 09:51:
I guarantee you this was not a port done in the 6 weeks since the console release... NVIDIA has been putting a lot of their weight behind it for the DirectX 11, 3D Vision, and PhysX support, so you can bet their engineers have been working with Rocksteady throughout the past year, at least, to put all the polish on the PC version. That's why the existence of such major technical issues (enough for them to recommend everyone take steps to avoid them) with the PC-exclusive DX11 mode is so surprising.

So, by that line of reasoning, what, IYO, is the cause for so many problems with this release? There are only so many excuses you can give. One has to be the right one, logical or not.

=-Rigs-=

'Now, we gave you a promise and we are bound by that promise and damn you for asking for it! And damn me for agreeing to it! And damn all of us to hell, because that is exactly where we're going!'

26. Re: Arkham City DirectX 11 Issue Nov 24, 2011, 09:51 jacobvandy

I guarantee you this was not a port done in the 6 weeks since the console release... NVIDIA has been putting a lot of their weight behind it for the DirectX 11, 3D Vision, and PhysX support, so you can bet their engineers have been working with Rocksteady throughout the past year, at least, to put all the polish on the PC version. That's why the existence of such major technical issues (enough for them to recommend everyone take steps to avoid them) with the PC-exclusive DX11 mode is so surprising.  

25. Re: Arkham City DirectX 11 Issue Nov 24, 2011, 09:15 ASeven

The thing that pisses me off is that they delayed the game to make it more special. judging by the port it seems the delay's purpose was to port the game on the PC.

I don't get it, they had been developing the game for years now and they could have easily developed for the PC alongside the console versions but no, they rather wait till the console's development is finished then throw crap excuses like delaying to make the game special in order to port the whole fucking game from 0 in that time, with the expected results and all in the name of cutting costs.

And the cost of developing it for the PC alongside the console version does not offset the revenue the game would have gained if it had been indeed developed alongside.

24. Re: Arkham City DirectX 11 Issue Nov 24, 2011, 08:50 JayDeath

Yeah, I'm playing in DX9 and it looks and plays great!  
Steam: Henry Krinkle

23. Re: Arkham City DirectX 11 Issue Nov 24, 2011, 08:25 Verno

Really surprised to see these sorts of issues after the relatively solid Arkham Asylum port. No biggie, plenty of games to play in the meantime!  

Playing: Fire Emblem, Diablo 3, Bravely Default
Watching: The Machine, After the Dark, Devils Due

22. Re: Arkham City DirectX 11 Issue Nov 24, 2011, 07:43 Narf2029

Turns out my issue was due to my using a quad core, which is perhaps even more absurd. It's not like quad cores are some new-fangled thing just invented last week.  
Huh? I'm sorry, I was thinking about cake.

21. Re: Arkham City DirectX 11 Issue Nov 24, 2011, 07:06 Prez

SOOO glad I resisted the urge to pre-order and save a measly 10 bucks. I'll wait until they fix it.  

Goodbye my Monte boy. May you rest in the peace you never knew in life.

20. Re: Arkham City DirectX 11 Issue Nov 24, 2011, 07:03 Dades

Krovven wrote on Nov 24, 2011, 00:32:
Shocker that they are saying the same thing I said yesterday. Play it in DX9 mode for the time being.

I'm pretty sure they didn't call people asses and rant like a psycho in their press release.

19. Re: Arkham City DirectX 11 Issue Nov 24, 2011, 05:00 AdamK47

Fibrocyte wrote on Nov 24, 2011, 04:16:
Xombie wrote on Nov 23, 2011, 23:14:
AdamK47 wrote on Nov 23, 2011, 22:41:
It really doesn't take much time or effort to "track down" these DX11 performance issues. I have a 3960X at 4.5GHz with three GTX 580s in SLI and can see the problem right away.

So which line of code was it?

My thought exactly. How could someone not know that "experiencing" the issue and "tracking down" the issue are two entirely different things?

To quote: "After researching the matter, we found that running the game with DX 11 is causing the performance issues."

I should have stated I was running an i7 920 and a GTX 560.

18. Re: Arkham City DirectX 11 Issue Nov 24, 2011, 04:16 Fibrocyte

Xombie wrote on Nov 23, 2011, 23:14:
AdamK47 wrote on Nov 23, 2011, 22:41:
It really doesn't take much time or effort to "track down" these DX11 performance issues. I have a 3960X at 4.5GHz with three GTX 580s in SLI and can see the problem right away.

So which line of code was it?

My thought exactly. How could someone not know that "experiencing" the issue and "tracking down" the issue are two entirely different things?

17. Re: Arkham City DirectX 11 Issue Nov 24, 2011, 04:05 Dmitri_M

Having some experienced in the gaming industry.. I believe it's because the current devs and managers in these companies are all ex modders who learnt how to release things in their basement and simply don't have the required real world work ethic or care to do things properly.  

16. Re: Arkham City DirectX 11 Issue Nov 24, 2011, 03:47 Cutter

Couple it with the fact that the PC versions are delayed to boot. Zero excuse for these sorts of errors? I seriously doubt these guys are doing anything but the absolute quickest and minimal QA possible.

James Woods: Oh that's fun. That sounds like you had a fun time. Where would I fit in with the fun time, huh? Where does James Woods fit into the fun?

35 Replies. 2 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 ] Older >

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo