Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Steam Autumn Sale

The Steam Store introduces day one of the Steam Autumn Sale, which includes hundreds of titles discounted between now and November 27th, and specific titles on sale every day. Here are today's specials:

View
64 Replies. 4 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 ] Older >

64. Re: Steam Autumn Sale Nov 24, 2011, 13:07 nin

xXBatmanXx wrote on Nov 24, 2011, 12:32:
nin wrote on Nov 24, 2011, 12:05:
Ok, grabbed the OMD DLC....may get the fallout stuff, but I've got all weekend to decide.

edit: Dammit, forgot about runespell on my list...let's see if the cc company calls me about fraud when I do my third paypal/online software purchase.

Looks like Runespell is until the 28th though....30 minutes until the next round.

/edit: hahahahah store page is broken.

ALL NEW VEGAS DLC FOR $11! AHAHAHAHAHA! <CHARGE>

http://www.nin.com/pub/tension/
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

63. Re: Steam Autumn Sale Nov 24, 2011, 12:32 xXBatmanXx

nin wrote on Nov 24, 2011, 12:05:
Ok, grabbed the OMD DLC....may get the fallout stuff, but I've got all weekend to decide.

edit: Dammit, forgot about runespell on my list...let's see if the cc company calls me about fraud when I do my third paypal/online software purchase.

Looks like Runespell is until the 28th though....30 minutes until the next round.

/edit: hahahahah store page is broken.

This comment was edited on Nov 24, 2011, 13:04.

In this present crisis, government is not the solution to our problem; government is the problem. / Few men have virtue enough to withstand the highest bidder.
Playing: New dad

62. Re: Steam Autumn Sale Nov 24, 2011, 12:05 nin

61. Re: Steam Autumn Sale Nov 24, 2011, 11:57 nin

k...so....does he show up on the map screen at all as a special icon or do you have to SEE him walking around? Cuase to be honest, I don't really pay attention going from place to place....and I routinely use aircraft.

Sounds like, based on comments elsewhere, he's just a regular red dot on the map, with no special identification.

Good luck!

60. Re: Steam Autumn Sale Nov 24, 2011, 11:49 xXBatmanXx

nin wrote on Nov 24, 2011, 11:40:
xXBatmanXx wrote on Nov 24, 2011, 08:46:
nin wrote on Nov 23, 2011, 23:13:
Ahhh! I just killed Professor Genki in SR! I thought someone said he was supposed to drop some epic item? Fucker didn't drop shit!

grrrrr!

edit: Hmm...he just drops money. I got 100K, but I was hoping for "big prizes". Or at least a damn cheevo.

DAMN!!! When and where did you see him? I have so much friggen time in that game and haven't seen him.....do you think something you did invoked him?

It sounds like he's just random. I was just crusing along to my next target when I saw him (apparently killing that person you see on the ground, in the first SS) and jammed on the brakes. I think I have about 16 hours logged in the last week, since it launched, and that's the first time I saw him. I sure as hell did a doubletake. "WTF?!?! STOP THE CAR!!!!!"

He tended to use a rocket launcher, so I had to keep moving, and it took a lot of ammo to bring him down (based on other people comments, it sounds like the RL is the way to go if you have it). He'd eventually fall over and then get right back up and keep taking more dmg.

Let's see if these links keep working (edit: had to change it):

http://steamcommunity.com/id/signofthenine/screenshots/

k...so....does he show up on the map screen at all as a special icon or do you have to SEE him walking around? Cuase to be honest, I don't really pay attention going from place to place....and I routinely use aircraft.

In this present crisis, government is not the solution to our problem; government is the problem. / Few men have virtue enough to withstand the highest bidder.

59. Re: Steam Autumn Sale Nov 24, 2011, 11:40 nin

xXBatmanXx wrote on Nov 24, 2011, 08:46:
Ahhh! I just killed Professor Genki in SR! I thought someone said he was supposed to drop some epic item? Fucker didn't drop shit!

grrrrr!

edit: Hmm...he just drops money. I got 100K, but I was hoping for "big prizes". Or at least a damn cheevo.

DAMN!!! When and where did you see him? I have so much friggen time in that game and haven't seen him.....do you think something you did invoked him?

It sounds like he's just random. I was just crusing along to my next target when I saw him (apparently killing that person you see on the ground, in the first SS) and jammed on the brakes. I think I have about 16 hours logged in the last week, since it launched, and that's the first time I saw him. I sure as hell did a doubletake. "WTF?!?! STOP THE CAR!!!!!"

He tended to use a rocket launcher, so I had to keep moving, and it took a lot of ammo to bring him down (based on other people comments, it sounds like the RL is the way to go if you have it). He'd eventually fall over and then get right back up and keep taking more dmg.

Let's see if these links keep working (edit: had to change it):

http://steamcommunity.com/id/signofthenine/screenshots/

This comment was edited on Nov 24, 2011, 11:46.

58. Re: Steam Autumn Sale Nov 24, 2011, 11:23 Verno

dangerman77 wrote on Nov 24, 2011, 10:22:
jimnms wrote on Nov 23, 2011, 20:25:

Skyrim is going to keep me busy for a long while. I'm 60 hours in and....

Wow, nice game spoiler in a Steam sale thread. Thanks, asshat.

He didn't really spoil anything, his main quest progression is practically an hour into the game and that drinking thing is just a sidequest. He didn't really spoil the sidequest either, its very amusing and surprisingly involved beyond the initial surprise. People are going to talk about the game and it will spill over into unrelated threads, its the most popular game on the market right now. Ideally everyone would use spoiler tags for everything but that gets a little absurd as some stuff just simply isn't a "spoiler".

Playing: The Last of Us Remastered
Watching: Intruders, Coherence, The Rover

57. Re: Steam Autumn Sale Nov 24, 2011, 11:14 Shok

Just pulled the trigger on a new video card from Newegg's black friday sale, a Galaxy GeForce GTX 560 2GB which includes an Arkham City coupon. Only $180 after $40 rebate...  

56. Re: Steam Autumn Sale Nov 24, 2011, 10:49 Alamar

dangerman77 wrote on Nov 24, 2011, 10:22:

I feel for you.. I hate spoilers, and even though it didn't seem like much of one to me, it's unfortunate you're upset...

However, you should know that this isn't a Steam Sale thread... Skyrim is so new, and people are playing it so obsessively, that every thread is a Skyrim thread until further notice... : )

-Alamar

55. Re: Steam Autumn Sale Nov 24, 2011, 10:22 dangerman77

54. Re: Steam Autumn Sale Nov 24, 2011, 10:16 PHJF

Dark Souls will be $32 at Amazon, all day.  

Steam + PSN: PHJF

53. Re: Steam Autumn Sale Nov 24, 2011, 10:06 xXBatmanXx

Woohoo! Dark Souls 39.99 at Kmart tomorrow 6-9am. There is one on the way to work (have to work :() and I can use my 30.00 coupon!  

52. Re: Skyrim Nov 24, 2011, 08:46 xXBatmanXx

Shok wrote on Nov 24, 2011, 01:30:
The cheapest I see Skyrim for is $52.99 at Amazon...supposedly all day Friday according to CAG

Friday it will be 20% off at D2D.

51. Re: Steam Autumn Sale Nov 24, 2011, 08:46 xXBatmanXx

grrrrr!

50. Re: Steam Autumn Sale Nov 24, 2011, 08:23 SpectralMeat

MoreLuckThanSkill wrote on Nov 24, 2011, 00:32:
Well, I heard it was basically unplayable with keyboard and mouse,
That is pretty much true. Even the game tells you when you start it up to use a gamepad instead of keyboard.
I've played a few minutes last night and the game is pretty terrible to control with the k+m. I was just too lazy to plug in the gamepad to try it with.

Steam: SpectralMeat

49. Re: Skyrim Nov 24, 2011, 01:30 Shok

The cheapest I see Skyrim for is $52.99 at Amazon...supposedly all day Friday according to CAG  

48. Re: Steam Autumn Sale Nov 24, 2011, 01:13 Bucky

spindoctor wrote on Nov 24, 2011, 00:36:
xXBatmanXx wrote on Nov 23, 2011, 20:55:
PropheT wrote on Nov 23, 2011, 20:54:
Bucky wrote on Nov 23, 2011, 18:25:
Edit: Huh, Steam seems to have forgotten all of my payment information. That's a sign I'm going to choose to ignore....

I think they cleared all of it from the system after the forum hack rather than requiring people to come and do it themselves.

meh. Mine was still there.

Steam removes linked credit card information when a user changes his password.

I did not know that. It certainly explains it, since I changed my password after the forum hack, even though I don't use their forums. It's actually a good security measure, now that I think about it.

47. Re: Steam Autumn Sale Nov 24, 2011, 00:36 spindoctor

xXBatmanXx wrote on Nov 23, 2011, 20:55:
PropheT wrote on Nov 23, 2011, 20:54:
Bucky wrote on Nov 23, 2011, 18:25:
Edit: Huh, Steam seems to have forgotten all of my payment information. That's a sign I'm going to choose to ignore....

I think they cleared all of it from the system after the forum hack rather than requiring people to come and do it themselves.

meh. Mine was still there.

Steam removes linked credit card information when a user changes his password.

Some of the most miserable and unhappy gamers on the planet are at Bluesnews

46. Re: Steam Autumn Sale Nov 24, 2011, 00:32 MoreLuckThanSkill

Creston wrote on Nov 23, 2011, 19:01:
MoreLuckThanSkill wrote on Nov 23, 2011, 18:23:
Renegade Ops?

I have it, but I'm not sure what "crazy controls" you're talking about? It works fine for me.

Creston

Well, I heard it was basically unplayable with keyboard and mouse, also more than a few people getting crashes and/or totally unable to play, but apparently that's just the loud minority on the Steam forums.

I may wait until it hits 75% off though, still playing through a ton of stuff, and just added Orcs Must Die! ugh.

ps. where is that 50-75% off Skyrim sale? I hear they keep breaking stuff with patches.

45. Re: Steam Autumn Sale Nov 24, 2011, 00:19 Creston

I was selling off some loot before heading out when stop by the bar and get challenged to a drinking contest, passed out and woke up in some city far to the west.

I love that quest.

Creston

64 Replies. 4 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo