Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Diablo III Stackable Item Auctions

The Diablo III Forum has word that the ability to buy and sell stackable items in the auction house is included in the latest beta patch for Blizzard's upcoming action/RPG. Here's a bit on how this works:

As of the latest patch, stackable items can now be bought and sold on the gold Auction House. We're introducing crafting materials as the first stackable item, which includes Common Scraps, Subtle Essence, Fallen Teeth, and Petrified Bark. In the future, players will be able to trade a variety of stackable items including dyes, books, and gems.

So, what makes stackable items different?

In terms of the Auction House, stackable items are designed to make your life easier when it comes to buying or selling in bulk. Rather than having to hunt through pages of listings yourself to find the best-priced stack, you can instead select the stackable item type you're looking for, type in the amount of the item you want, and then buy that amount for the lowest price currently available to the market. This may mean that you're buying from multiple sellers at many different price points, and the Auction House will manage all of those individual purchases for you automatically.

View
15 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

15. Re: Diablo III Stackable Item Auctions Nov 25, 2011, 13:06 Zadig

Mr. Tact wrote on Nov 24, 2011, 13:10:
I'm curious to hear your reasons. Personally, I'm a bit annoyed at the required on-line connect for a game I want to play as a single player. However, I'm probably going to give in and play it.

My biggest cause for concern is the passage of time. Diablo 2 is 11 years old. The gameplay as it was (very few quests, linear gameworld, incredible grind in the expansion) won't appeal to many people who've been spoiled by WoW. If they 'modernize' things, I'm certain it will be made more like WoW, which is a game I don't want to play. In hindsight the D2 expansion was a WoW prototype - skill timers and emphasizing levels & items over character (or player!) skills. So I see many ways for Blizzard to lose the magic formula of Diablo.

I also haven't played D2 in at least 5 years and am worried it may not hook me even if it's good. I used to love RTS games but have hardly played them since Rise of Nations got old. I never even thought about getting Starcraft 2.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

14. Re: Diablo III Stackable Item Auctions Nov 24, 2011, 13:10 Mr. Tact

Zadig wrote on Nov 23, 2011, 17:55:
I loved the game many years ago, but I'm not going back and am ambivalent about this version

I'm curious to hear your reasons. Personally, I'm a bit annoyed at the required on-line connect for a game I want to play as a single player. However, I'm probably going to give in and play it.

Truth is brutal. Prepare for pain.

13. Re: Diablo III Stackable Item Auctions Nov 24, 2011, 03:55 InBlack

PHJF wrote on Nov 23, 2011, 17:52:
Keep it up, Blizzard; everybody obviously wants Diablo to be just like WoW.

Well, considering that the most hardcore Diablo2 players have been clamoring for something like this for years. I guess you are partly right. The auction house from WoW + Diablo2 = Diablo3.

In my opinion as a veteran D2 player, thats a good thing.

I have a nifty blue line!

12. Re: Diablo III Stackable Item Auctions Nov 23, 2011, 21:32 Dev

Darks wrote on Nov 23, 2011, 12:24:
Sure would be nice to get an invite so I can look at that first hand
They've been sending out big waves from the FB stuff. I entered with the alternate entry (don't have to have facebook account I think? Or not give them all your info, or something, I can't recall), and I got mine a couple days ago.

11. Re: Diablo III Stackable Item Auctions Nov 23, 2011, 17:55 Zadig

I really wish there were any alternatives to satisfy my Diablo cravings. I loved the game many years ago, but I'm not going back and am ambivalent about this version yet there hasn't been anything even trying to fill the void for years. Except Torchlight, which was more demo than game.

Perhaps one of the many developers making awful WoWclones would like to try copying a different Blizzard game? There's actually a market for modern Diablo.

10. Re: Diablo III Stackable Item Auctions Nov 23, 2011, 17:52 PHJF

Keep it up, Blizzard; everybody obviously wants Diablo to be just like WoW.  

Steam + PSN: PHJF

9. Re: Diablo III Stackable Item Auctions Nov 23, 2011, 17:30 Eldaron Imotholin

Don't know about anyone else but my anticipation for D3 has been significantly decreased the moment Blizzard announced the battlenet tumor that has grown on the lungs of the game.

I hope I can block friend pop-ups and other misserable MMO fashion immersion breakers...

Playing: Skyrim, World of Warcraft.
Future: Dead Space 3.

8. Re: Diablo III Stackable Item Auctions Nov 23, 2011, 16:42 Halo

pagb wrote on Nov 23, 2011, 15:41:
Bludd wrote on Nov 23, 2011, 15:34:
pagb wrote on Nov 23, 2011, 15:21:
Bludd wrote on Nov 23, 2011, 14:45:
Good job, Blizzard. This is like Ford making a big announcement that they will launch a car with ABS.
Too bad that in this case, all other cars don't have ABS at all.
Way to miss the point. ABS isn't new and nobody announces it.
Not even ebay does this, so it's hard to say it's "new" at online auctions.

I wish there was a search engine online that would breeze through every auction on the internet and find exactly what I wanted for the cheapest price. Pretty sure announcing how the auction house now saves you time and gold is news worthy.

7. Re: Diablo III Stackable Item Auctions Nov 23, 2011, 15:41 pagb

Bludd wrote on Nov 23, 2011, 15:34:
Good job, Blizzard. This is like Ford making a big announcement that they will launch a car with ABS.
Not even ebay does this, so it's hard to say it's "new" at online auctions.

6. Re: Diablo III Stackable Item Auctions Nov 23, 2011, 15:34 Bludd

5. Re: Diablo III Stackable Item Auctions Nov 23, 2011, 15:21 pagb

4. Re: Diablo III Stackable Item Auctions Nov 23, 2011, 14:45 Bludd

3. Re: Diablo III Stackable Item Auctions Nov 23, 2011, 13:03 DG

So... Any hats?  

2. Re: Diablo III Stackable Item Auctions Nov 23, 2011, 12:26 AnointedSword

Ya, this game= rocking.  
If you were right, I would be agreeing with you.

1. Re: Diablo III Stackable Item Auctions Nov 23, 2011, 12:24 Darks

Sure would be nice to get an invite so I can look at that first hand  

Creator of the Neverwnter Nights Eye of the Beholder Series of Mods.

http://www.moddb.com/mods/eye-of-the-beholder-ii-ledgend-of-darkmoon

15 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo