Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Greenbelt, MD 08/22

Regularly scheduled events

Oil Rush In January

UNIGINE Corp. announces a release date for Oil Rush, saying this naval real-time strategy game is due for Windows, Linux, and OS X on January 25, 2012. They say: "It is based on group control, that combines strategic challenge of classic RTS with sheer fun of Tower Defense, and features state-of-an-art visuals. Easy to learn but hard to master, Oil Rush offers a variety of different strategies for each map. Thousands of people who pre-ordered Oil Rush already got access to beta version of the game so join up and get ready for your big oil war in January!"

View
8 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

8. Re: Oil Rush In January Nov 23, 2011, 08:06 Viranth

I think it looks pretty good. Can vaguely remember gameplay similar to this from years back, but I'm not even sure it was on water.

Independent developer? For 20 bucks I'm sure this game is good value. I for one saw this a while back and thought it looked good, now I can pay 20 bucks and play for a while in beta... good enough for me.

It'll keep me away from BF3, at least for a few hours.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

7. Re: Oil Rush In January Nov 23, 2011, 04:01 eRe4s3r

You know.. you really need to learn to read less in my posts. All my post was aiming at, rather snippish (hah) was that the gameplay looks incredibly boring in those vids, like a road, a very nice looking road, but still a boring road... (get it?) ;P. And to me it looks like a generic time management style TD/RTS clone.

Also these videos they link to are terrible. The 12 minute SP mission walkthrough ain't even a walkthrough. Nothing is explained or walked through. Its just a extremely boring gameplay vid of someone playing the mission. Basically spoiling that mission but not explaining the gameplay AT ALL. A little bit of talking and explaining would have gone a long way to make that not boring as hell to watch.

Maybe i am being too negative on this but until theres a demo i am going to be very very skeptic of this game. It does not look interesting to play... to me.

That said, I was under the impression its a full price game but apparently its just 20$ so i was maybe expecting too much..

6. Re: Oil Rush In January Nov 23, 2011, 03:03 Nucas

jacobvandy wrote on Nov 23, 2011, 02:55:
eRe4s3r wrote on Nov 22, 2011, 22:25:
Love how on their homepage they say that indy games usually have great ideas and bad graphics... and their solution to that is making Tower Defense clone 312 with great graphics.

Its like complaining that roads are ugly and their solution to that is to make roads from diamonds... while they then may not be ugly, they'd still just be boring roads.....

So yeah....

And your complaining about or insulting a game that you've obviously never seen in action is like running naked down that diamond road with a pair of scissors in each hand snipping at the air... Let me help you out:

http://oilrush-game.com/media/videos/

"snipping at the air" really brought this one together for me personally

5. Re: Oil Rush In January Nov 23, 2011, 02:55 jacobvandy

eRe4s3r wrote on Nov 22, 2011, 22:25:
Love how on their homepage they say that indy games usually have great ideas and bad graphics... and their solution to that is making Tower Defense clone 312 with great graphics.

Its like complaining that roads are ugly and their solution to that is to make roads from diamonds... while they then may not be ugly, they'd still just be boring roads.....

So yeah....

And your complaining about or insulting a game that you've obviously never seen in action is like running naked down that diamond road with a pair of scissors in each hand snipping at the air... Let me help you out:

http://oilrush-game.com/media/videos/

4. Re: Oil Rush In January Nov 23, 2011, 02:32 Esoteric

This title reminded me of the adventure game Gold Rush in the 1990s. Sigh.  

3. Re: Oil Rush In January Nov 23, 2011, 01:20 Beelzebud

It's cool to see a modern engine that actually has real Linux support. I don't think it's looking too bad at all. Couldn't be any worse than certain "AAA" games I've paid 60.00 for this year.  

2. Re: Oil Rush In January Nov 22, 2011, 22:47 Sepharo

Unless I'm just jaded after BF3 and Skyrim, I thought this game had much better graphics in earlier previews. Wonder if they brought the minimum/recommended requirements down because those latest screenshots are looking worse than I remember.  

1. Re: Oil Rush In January Nov 22, 2011, 22:25 eRe4s3r

So yeah....

8 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo