Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Battlefield 3 Patched

The Battlefield Blog outlines a new patch that should now be live for the Windows PC edition of Battlefield 3, and coming soon to the console editions of DICE's military shooter sequel. Among other things, the client patch tweaks Squad functionality, which they say is part of their ongoing efforts to make it easier to play with friends, and they go into some extra detail on how theses tweaks change the game. Here are the patch notes:

PATCH NOTES
Selected improvements in the Nov 22 Battlefield 3 client-side update
A full list of changes is available on the Battlelog

• General performance and loading time improvements
  • "Black Screen" fix for an issue occurring on some PC configurations
  • Stereo and rendering support for Nvidia and AMD graphics cards
  • Fixed several crashes that occurred when joining multiplayer and co-op sessions
  • Fixed a problem with high speed mouse movement (aka "negative mouse acceleration")
  • You should no longer be able to damage a friendly vehicle when sitting in an open position
  • Grenades now drop to ground if you get killed while attempting to throw it (dangerous in Hardcore mode!)
  • You should no longer spawn too close to enemies in TDM, SQDM, or Conquest
  • A large number of damage and range tweaks on a number of weapons to fine-tune overall balance in the game
  • Added round duration and ticket summary at End of Round screen
  • Fixed a problem regarding key bindings while playing
  • Significant changes to the Join Squad interface, detailed at the bottom of this post

Selected improvements in the Nov 22 Battlefield 3 PC server-side update
A full list of changes is available on the Battlelog

• EOD Bot exploit fix
  • Several crash fixes
  • Anti-stat padding measures taken, disallowing ranked servers to run obscure settings
  • Improved team kill kick configuration
  • Support for unranked servers. Unranked servers do not report players' scores to Battlelog, but server administrators can freely control all settings

Newly added Battlelog functionality – Share your stats

• Ability to share your Profile and Stats pages to Facebook, Google+, and Twitter
  • User Profile and Stats pages on Battlelog can now be accessed without being signed in to Battlelog if you know a user's URL
  • Single sign on from Battlelog to Origin. If you're not logged in to Origin and join a game server, Battlelog will automatically sign you in to Origin in the background and join the game server

Quick notes on Squad changes in the Nov 22 update

• Removed FIND ME A SQUAD option
  • Allow players to join empty Squads alone, thus having 1/4 squad members
  • Change order of options to LEAVE SQUAD, INV A FRIEND, SWITCH TEAM
  • Disable Privacy flag when 1 man squad
  • Reset Privacy flag from Private to Public when squad drops to 1 player
  • All occupied Squads will now show up colored blue on the Squad Selection screen
  • Players who choose not to join squads will also show up as Blue in the "Not in a Squad” line
  • Squads that are currently empty will display as white -- if you wish to join an empty Squad, you can choose the first one marked with white text

View
30 Replies. 2 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 ] Older >

30. Re: Battlefield 3 Patched Nov 23, 2011, 08:37 Ledge

Teddy wrote on Nov 22, 2011, 21:51:
Jackplug wrote on Nov 22, 2011, 18:48:
I think Dice now can go fuck themselves, its a total and utter disgrace what they've done with BF3.

The patch is fucked and all I can say is that noone will ever buy another game from Dice after this. Its a disgrace..

It sure is a good thing you decide things like that for me. I hate making my own decisions and having my own opinions.

LOL

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

29. Re: Battlefield 3 Patched Nov 22, 2011, 23:29 Nate

Patch worked fine for me. Started playing after all of the servers were updated. Did notice that the AA vehicle was a little quicker to kill infantry.  

28. Re: Battlefield 3 Patched Nov 22, 2011, 21:51 Teddy

Jackplug wrote on Nov 22, 2011, 18:48:
I think Dice now can go fuck themselves, its a total and utter disgrace what they've done with BF3.

The patch is fucked and all I can say is that noone will ever buy another game from Dice after this. Its a disgrace..

It sure is a good thing you decide things like that for me. I hate making my own decisions and having my own opinions.

27. Re: Battlefield 3 Patched Nov 22, 2011, 21:37 Shataan

I dunno if this will help anyone, but I read it did help some peeps. I did a repair on the game. Right click on the game icon in Origin, choose repair. It seems to have helped immensely. No more chugging on the big maps.

Worth a try imo.

26. Re: Battlefield 3 Patched Nov 22, 2011, 20:51 Nacelle

They fixed the hud and player icon problems that we were having on multi-monitor setups. I can play without resetting eyefinty every time.  

25. Re: Battlefield 3 Patched Nov 22, 2011, 20:30 Krovven

TangledThorns wrote on Nov 22, 2011, 16:54:
I just played and yes, the stutter is there. Has to be a memory leak that has yet to be fixed.

The stutter was fixed for me with AMD 11.10 final drivers, and returned with 11.11. I'm hoping the 11.11a drivers fixed it, haven't checked yet though.

24. Re: Battlefield 3 Patched Nov 22, 2011, 20:06 Nate

Vehicles can't be balanced versus infantry in any logical way. If you don't like playing with vehicles, play one of the maps without them.

AA time to kill versus infantry seems to be on par with infantry weapons. I one shot someone with the tank cannon, that's a pretty quick time to kill.

23. Re: Battlefield 3 Patched Nov 22, 2011, 19:58 tuddies

DOUCHEBAG EA!!! I want my cracked EXE again, now I have to get urinated on by the ORIGIN ADVERTIZING MIDDLEWARE!!

Please, RAZOR, help out us legit users who don't like GOLDEN SHOWERS!

22. Re: Battlefield 3 Patched Nov 22, 2011, 19:16 Trevellian

I love that they took the time to nerf the Scar and G3. But completely ignore the retardedly overpowered F2000. I have been sniped across the goddamn map by people with a silencer on the thing. And it seems to beat just about every other weapon 1 on 1 at close range.

Love it.

For the Republic
-C22 Waterson of Planetside 2/Tahyang in ArcheAge

21. Re: Battlefield 3 Patched Nov 22, 2011, 18:48 Jackplug

20. Re: Battlefield 3 Patched Nov 22, 2011, 16:54 TangledThorns

I just played and yes, the stutter is there. Has to be a memory leak that has yet to be fixed.  

19. Re: Battlefield 3 Patched Nov 22, 2011, 16:44 ASeven

Sacrifex wrote on Nov 22, 2011, 15:26:
Things are getting ugly in the forums, as the moderators are going on a thread censor/lock spree, without even reading the posts.

Posted a clean joke post (very silly air to it, not a single offensive word or curse), which was getting some fun replies in short order, and then it gets wiped and locked because of the title.

The moderator's reply made it obvious that he thought he was erasing and locking a serious thread. While it only took a minute or two to write the post, I'm disgusted that they're "solving" the problem of people being mad about a patch by wiping any thread discussing it, without so much as reading them first. Guess I should just be glad I didn't have my Origin account banned.

I feel bad but I secretly am wishing one of those volunteer mods, who seem to be enormous fanbois themselves, to lock and prevent access to the games of someone that will have the power to actually launch a lawsuit against EA. And this kind of thing, locking games for a post on a forum, is the kind of thing that would easily win on a court and perhaps demolish the myth that EULAs are binding in the process.

If the PS3 gamers launched a lawsuit for much less, anything's possible.

18. Re: Battlefield 3 Patched Nov 22, 2011, 15:55 TurdFergasun

Rossafur wrote on Nov 22, 2011, 15:05:
Anyone think there will be any Black Friday deals on Skyrim or should I just shelf BF3 for awhile and get Skyrim now? Haha

going from bf3 to skyrim is like going from jessica alba to a video game that looks like shit.

17. Re: Battlefield 3 Patched Nov 22, 2011, 15:26 Sacrifex

Things are getting ugly in the forums, as the moderators are going on a thread censor/lock spree, without even reading the posts.

Posted a clean joke post (very silly air to it, not a single offensive word or curse), which was getting some fun replies in short order, and then it gets wiped and locked because of the title.

The moderator's reply made it obvious that he thought he was erasing and locking a serious thread. While it only took a minute or two to write the post, I'm disgusted that they're "solving" the problem of people being mad about a patch by wiping any thread discussing it, without so much as reading them first. Guess I should just be glad I didn't have my Origin account banned.

16. Re: Battlefield 3 Patched Nov 22, 2011, 15:05 Rossafur

Anyone think there will be any Black Friday deals on Skyrim or should I just shelf BF3 for awhile and get Skyrim now? Haha  

15. Re: Battlefield 3 Patched Nov 22, 2011, 14:56 wrigleyvillain

TangledThorns wrote on Nov 22, 2011, 14:20:

Yeah, looks that way. The BF3 forums are lit up about this patch breaking the game.

I can't tear myself away from Skyrim anyway.

14. Re: Battlefield 3 Patched Nov 22, 2011, 14:55 Verno

To play devil's advocate... 'if you eat a full burst from an AA gun, you're dead no matter how you juked'? Are you seriously suggesting it should be any different? The cannon is larger than you... I should damn well hope if you get hit by full burst it kills you. Hell, a full burst from an assault rifle kills you, why shouldn't an AA cannon do the same?

That's not really the issue though, I was pointing out that removing that isn't much of a nerf to AA. Accurately gauging lead time lets AA murder stuff in the sky, the physics wonkiness just propped up poor players a bit. I can still kill aircraft, choppers, infantry and even tanks just as easily as before. AA shouldn't be good at everything is the point. It did not need a buff versus infantry, it was already a bit too effective at it.

Playing: Far Cry 4, Prison Architect, DriveClub
Watching: Tusk, The Equalizer, The Homesman

13. Re: Battlefield 3 Patched Nov 22, 2011, 14:39 Teddy

Verno wrote on Nov 22, 2011, 14:26:
It remains to be seen if the damage buff vs infantry is going to make it worse or balance it out after that.

I played at lunch and it rapes infantry which is stupid because it already was too good versus infantry. The wonky physics stuff was annoying but if you ate a full burst from AA you were dead no matter how you juked. Overall AA got buffed which is totally pointless considering how good it is already. But hey whatever, I'll whore it up and hopefully other people will too and pubbies will cry until its fixed.

It's been a month, of course people want some of the obvious balance problems and technical issues fixed. There isn't really a favorable light to put this in. Some very minor fixes, some small balance changes that don't address core concerns and slightly improved squad functionality that doesn't address the root problem.

I hope the next patch is better, my only consolation is that this was probably being worked on before release so maybe a more comprehensive one is just slightly down the road.

To play devil's advocate... 'if you eat a full burst from an AA gun, you're dead no matter how you juked'? Are you seriously suggesting it should be any different? The cannon is larger than you... I should damn well hope if you get hit by full burst it kills you. Hell, a full burst from an assault rifle kills you, why shouldn't an AA cannon do the same?

If you're out in the open and any sort of vehicle decides to kill you, that should pretty much be it for you. That's not a balance issue, that's just logic.

The problem I had with it, was the ability for the AA to bounce you out from behind cover and kill you just by spamming on your location. That has absolutely been fixed.

12. Re: Battlefield 3 Patched Nov 22, 2011, 14:26 Verno

It remains to be seen if the damage buff vs infantry is going to make it worse or balance it out after that.

I played at lunch and it rapes infantry which is stupid because it already was too good versus infantry. The wonky physics stuff was annoying but if you ate a full burst from AA you were dead no matter how you juked. Overall AA got buffed which is totally pointless considering how good it is already. But hey whatever, I'll whore it up and hopefully other people will too and pubbies will cry until its fixed.

It's been a month, of course people want some of the obvious balance problems and technical issues fixed. There isn't really a favorable light to put this in. Some very minor fixes, some small balance changes that don't address core concerns and slightly improved squad functionality that doesn't address the root problem.

I hope the next patch is better, my only consolation is that this was probably being worked on before release so maybe a more comprehensive one is just slightly down the road.

Playing: Far Cry 4, Prison Architect, DriveClub
Watching: Tusk, The Equalizer, The Homesman

11. Re: Battlefield 3 Patched Nov 22, 2011, 14:20 TangledThorns

Shataan wrote on Nov 22, 2011, 13:26:
Actually, this patch introduces more stuttering than it fixes. And oh yeah, more crashes.

Yeah, looks that way. The BF3 forums are lit up about this patch breaking the game.

30 Replies. 2 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo