Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Sunday Consolidation

View
8 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

8. Re: Sunday Consolidation Nov 21, 2011, 11:39 DeadlyAccurate

Frijoles wrote on Nov 21, 2011, 11:22:
I just started playing Minecraft over the weekend. Doing a vanilla server with a friend of mine. What are we missing? Having fun so far.

We've been running a vanilla server for a couple weeks now, and we're still finding stuff we haven't yet done. (The Minecraft Wiki is very useful). I'm waiting on some fixes to the 1.0 release and then for the mods to be updated for the release version, but the Minecraft forums are full of all sorts of mods for both single and multiplayer (for multiplayer, look for mods that are SMP compatible -- survival multiplayer). I'd start slow with just one mod. Get that working, then add a second. Check that, then do a third, etc. Don't try to throw on a ton of mods at once.

One of the oddest things I noticed with this game is how aggressive and antagonistic their community is. I expect that level of antagonism in a hardcore PvP game like EVE, but not a game like this. Fortunately, since I play on a private server and only check the forums for mods and updates to the code, it's easy enough to ignore. But it still surprised me.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

7. Re: Sunday Consolidation Nov 21, 2011, 11:22 Frijoles

I just started playing Minecraft over the weekend. Doing a vanilla server with a friend of mine. What are we missing? Having fun so far.  

6. Re: Sunday Consolidation Nov 21, 2011, 11:19 Verno

I never felt like any mod to minecraft was essential. Sure they can add a lot to the experience and make it into something it originally wasn't but that's really subjective.  

Playing: The Last of Us Remastered
Watching: Intruders, Coherence, The Rover

5. Re: Sunday Consolidation Nov 21, 2011, 11:12 Beelzebud

Rattlehead wrote on Nov 21, 2011, 10:40:

I was going to say no, because so much of the value of Minecraft lies in mods, but then Skyrim has been bogglingly successful on consoles despite the legendary modding communities that Bethesda RPG's tend to have, so I suppose I'll just have to come to terms with being out of touch.

Some mods in minecraft are considered essential to the game. Most mods at least in my experience for Bethesda games are mostly refinements. Though I agree I cannot imagine myself playing vanilla FO3 or FNV.

The mods you have used for Bethesda games might have been "refinements", but a lot of us using the UI mods, the unofficial patch for Oblivion that fixes nearly 2000 bugs, and the fixes to the enemies auto-leveling, felt like they were essential.

4. Re: Sunday Consolidation Nov 21, 2011, 10:40 Rattlehead

I was going to say no, because so much of the value of Minecraft lies in mods, but then Skyrim has been bogglingly successful on consoles despite the legendary modding communities that Bethesda RPG's tend to have, so I suppose I'll just have to come to terms with being out of touch.

Some mods in minecraft are considered essential to the game. Most mods at least in my experience for Bethesda games are mostly refinements. Though I agree I cannot imagine myself playing vanilla FO3 or FNV.

3. Re: Sunday Consolidation Nov 21, 2011, 00:35 Dev

I doubt it will do anything near it did on PC. Remember dungeon defenders doing 200k on PC and 50k on consoles, despite all the concessions trendy did for MS on consoles? (such as the long delay, etc). MS also seems to have problems promoting indie games.  

2. Re: Sunday Consolidation Nov 20, 2011, 19:58 killer_roach

WarpCrow wrote on Nov 20, 2011, 19:48:
so I suppose I'll just have to come to terms with being out of touch.

As will they.

"Mods? What are those?"

*facepalm*

1. Re: Sunday Consolidation Nov 20, 2011, 19:48 WarpCrow

8 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo