Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

More Dota 2 Beta Invites Coming

The Dota 2 Blog offers word on the DotA 2 Star Championship and a changelog for a new beta version of Valve's upcoming MOBA game. There's also news that more players are being added all the time, and invites are going out, and yours is on the way: "If youíve been perusing the forums out there (or watching Steamís game stats), youíve probably noticed that weíre really cranking out invites now. So, if youíre still waiting for an invite, fret not, itís coming!"

View
15 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

15. Re: More Dota 2 Beta Invites Coming Nov 22, 2011, 10:39 Mordecai Walfish

Last try! I'll trade someone for my beta invite for The Old Republic!  

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

14. Re: More Dota 2 Beta Invites Coming Nov 20, 2011, 21:17 Mordecai Walfish

I dont think anyone got one here besides the original thread poster, I asked first after that though ^_^

Steam id: xdevnullx
Steam Name: Mordecai Walfish

(&crosses fingers)

13. Re: More Dota 2 Beta Invites Coming Nov 20, 2011, 17:54 Ferazel

Oh well guess I missed my chance. If anyone else has a beta key I'd be interested in testing it out.

Community Name: Ferazel
SteamID: bklooster

12. Re: More Dota 2 Beta Invites Coming Nov 20, 2011, 17:41 RenownWolf

Eh Why not, I'm lightassassin in the friends list, and lightmonkey is the account on steam if you still have it MrGosser, Cheers in advance. I have no idea which name is of importance???

From what I've seen on the streams it looks just like Dota with fancy graphics. Curious to see how it runs.

http://www.renownwolf.com

11. Re: More Dota 2 Beta Invites Coming Nov 20, 2011, 16:58 MrGrosser

Who needs an invite still? I got one left. Just give me your steamID  

10. Re: RE: Follow up Nov 20, 2011, 15:46 Hark659

What like about Dota, less 12 years old.  

9. Re: RE: Follow up Nov 20, 2011, 14:44 UConnBBall

I also need an invite.

Difference between League of Legends and DoTA:

No Summoner spells. Everything is an item. You want Flash by a blink item. Want to teleport back to base there is an item for that as well. Also you know how carries in LoL win games well in DoTA they will 1v5 and ace the team if feed well.

8. Re: More Dota 2 Beta Invites Coming Nov 20, 2011, 13:15 i3lueHorneT

And for those of us that missed the initial beta signup?

Any extra invites laying around? TIA.

7. Re: More Dota 2 Beta Invites Coming Nov 20, 2011, 06:30 shul

I'd like an invite too, if possible :-)

Thnx

6. Re: More Dota 2 Beta Invites Coming Nov 19, 2011, 23:03 Mordecai Walfish

If anyone has a spare invite I could most certainly use one too!

The 3 players I most frequently team up in DOTA/LOL are in the beta too, playing non-stop :-/

5. Re: More Dota 2 Beta Invites Coming Nov 19, 2011, 20:43 Cutter

Thanks for the invite Graham!

game looks great but yeah, looks like quite a lerning curve what with powers shop items, etc.

"The South will boogie again!" - Disco Stu

4. Re: RE: Follow up Nov 19, 2011, 20:24 Crustacean Soup

UConnBBall wrote on Nov 19, 2011, 20:16:
In terms of how it compares to League of Legends. Play DOTA. DOTA is a much more complex game that is great but more involved. I'm married and so LoL is perfect for me. DoTA2 = DoTA with updated graphics and technology updates.

LoL is the only MOBA I've ever played. What's different about DOTA? Just reading brief descriptions of the game, nothing's jumped out.

I don't really care to invest a ton of work into a game personally, so less involved is fine by me. I usually just play on breaks at work with coworkers, nothing too hardcore or serious. At most I'll go to mobafire and read a champion guide for one I like. LoL's Elo matchmaking seems to be really solid too, which is nice; it rarely feels like we massively outclass, or are massively outclassed by the other team. And LoL is free...

3. Re: RE: Follow up Nov 19, 2011, 20:16 UConnBBall

Heard BAD things about Beta:

1) There is no game matching system like Mr. Elo's or any other formula. So balanced games are far and in between.

2) The skill level of the community is very low. It looked like they were looking for DOTA vets and instead its full of people with no clue.

3) It's VERY BETA in terms of balance.

In terms of how it compares to League of Legends. Play DOTA. DOTA is a much more complex game that is great but more involved. I'm married and so LoL is perfect for me. DoTA2 = DoTA with updated graphics and technology updates.

2. Re: More Dota 2 Beta Invites Coming Nov 19, 2011, 18:27 Crustacean Soup

I don't know much of anything about MOBA games. Is there anything new added to the formula by this one? There's F2P competitors, what does this have that they don't?  

1. Re: More Dota 2 Beta Invites Coming Nov 19, 2011, 17:45 Cutter

I am fretting! Gimme!

"The South will boogie again!" - Disco Stu

15 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo