Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Op Ed

Bitmob - Metacritic isnít the problem. Gamers are.
Metacritic itself isn't the problem, but people who slavishly believe an aggregate score -- or indeed, any numerical value absent of context -- are. If you make decisions purely off a metascore, you've essentially surrendered your ability to make decisions to 30-odd strangers who don't agree with each other. Basing an opinion off a metascore means you don't have an opinion at all. You have a number determined by a calculator, and you don't even know why it's that particular number. Congratulations.

VideoGameWriters.com - The problem with the Spike Video Game Awards.
I present to you, fellow gamers, the following question: Why should the gaming industry, which is a first class industry providing first class entertainment, be accorded a third-class award show year after year? Iím not saying there is no place for Spikeís VGAs, but they are truly the equivalent of the MTV Movie Awards. Something, I might add, very few people outside of MTV and the 15-24 demographic find remotely relevant. As I have stated in the past, it is rather difficult to make the case for video games as a mature, relevant art form when the VGAs are our annual celebration. Thank you for propagating the stereotype, Spike TV, bang up work there.

View
5. Re: Op Ed Nov 20, 2011, 09:59 JoeNapalm

Of course they don't have an opinion, you git!

They haven't played the game, yet!

That's why people read reviews!

I trust player reviews as much as "professional" ones (which is to say, not at all), but they can still be of use to get an idea about a game you know nothing about.

-Jn-
Ifriti Sophist

Previous Post Next Post Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

Date Subject Author
  1. Nov 19, 16:58 Re: Op Ed Rattlehead
  2. Nov 19, 18:32 Re: Op Ed Crustacean Soup
  3. Nov 19, 19:44  Re: Op Ed Quboid
  4. Nov 19, 20:31   Re: Op Ed Crustacean Soup
>> 5. Nov 20, 09:59 Re: Op Ed JoeNapalm
  6. Nov 20, 10:53  Re: Op Ed Prez
  7. Nov 20, 12:28 Re: Op Ed psulli
  8. Nov 20, 17:37  Re: Op Ed Quboid