Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Greenbelt, MD 08/22

Regularly scheduled events

Out of the Blue

Netflix to bring back 'Arrested Development' (thanks Neutronbeam). Wow, it looks like it really is going to happen after I'd grown to accept that it never would. Cool.

Happy World Toilet Day. Thanks HARDOCP.

R.I.P.: Pac Man Fever's Gary Garcia passes away.

Links: Thanks Ant and Mike Martinez and Acleacius.
Play: Raze 2
Warzone 2060.
Links: The Most Shameless Video Game Console Knockoffs.
The 7 Stupidest Attempts to Reinvent Batman.
Stories: Woman punches cop after car burns at McDonald's. Thanks Matthew via The Consumerist.
Science: The Science of Sarcasm? Yeah, Right. Thanks Neatorama.
Media: Jimmy Fallon - The Doors Sing 'Reading Rainbow' Theme. Thanks zombie69.
High Wind Makes Plane Accidently Takeoff.
Post Office Anti-Email Attack Ads.
Follow-up: Speed of light theory challenged. Thanks zombie69.

View
15 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

15. Re: Out of the Blue Nov 20, 2011, 19:42 nin

Prez wrote on Nov 20, 2011, 18:49:
I wonder who at Netflix I have to blow to get them to resurrect "Firefly" and "Terminator: Sarah Connor" (hopefully with far better writers this time) like they are doing with 'Arrested Development'...

I was a very latecomer to Firefly, but I'd love Netflix to do something with it. Doubt it'll ever happen, but we can dream.

http://www.nin.com/pub/tension/
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

14. Re: Out of the Blue Nov 20, 2011, 18:49 Prez

I wonder who at Netflix I have to blow to get them to resurrect "Firefly" and "Terminator: Sarah Connor" (hopefully with far better writers this time) like they are doing with 'Arrested Development'...  

“The greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be judged by the way its animals are treated.”
- Mahatma Gandhi

13. Re: Out of the Blue Nov 20, 2011, 17:58 xXBatmanXx

Hope all is ok......Sunday is almost over...especially on the BEast coast.  

In this present crisis, government is not the solution to our problem; government is the problem. / Few men have virtue enough to withstand the highest bidder.
Playing: New dad

12. Re: Out of the Blue Nov 20, 2011, 17:32 Marvin T. Martian

Sepharo wrote on Nov 20, 2011, 16:07:
Whoa the Lions are tearing it up right now. Amazing stuff too much to even list.

Also where's Blue?

Tehy can't be it's only Sat. on Blue's

11. Re: Out of the Blue Nov 20, 2011, 16:07 Sepharo

Whoa the Lions are tearing it up right now. Amazing stuff too much to even list.

Also where's Blue?

10. Re: Netflix to bring back 'Arrested Development' Nov 20, 2011, 13:16 Sepharo

Prez wrote on Nov 20, 2011, 05:44:
Great to see Netflix expanding their business in this manner. Believe it or not, I've never seen Arrested Development, but it's in my Instant Queue. Now I just need the time to watch it.

When Hulu launched I watched the whole thing through and instantly joined the "bring this show back on TV now" club. To call it a very funny and smartly written show would be an understatement.

9. Netflix to bring back 'Arrested Development' Nov 20, 2011, 05:44 Prez

Great to see Netflix expanding their business in this manner. Believe it or not, I've never seen Arrested Development, but it's in my Instant Queue. Now I just need the time to watch it.  

“The greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be judged by the way its animals are treated.”
- Mahatma Gandhi

8. Re: Woman punches cop... Nov 20, 2011, 02:26 PHJF

I actually do a mean Jim Morrison myself, probably better than Fallon.  

Steam + PSN: PHJF

7. Re: Woman punches cop... Nov 19, 2011, 22:05 Shok

Witnesses said the driver returned to the window while the car was burning, retrieved her food, and ate it at the scene while waiting for emergency personnel to arrive.

ROFL!

6. Re: Out of the Blue Nov 19, 2011, 21:46 kanniballl

Prepare for all Firefly fans to start spamming the hell out of Netflix to resurrect Firely in

<disconnected>

Oh great, now Netflix REALLY broke the Internet

"Space. It seems to go on and on forever. But then you get to the end and a gorilla starts throwing barrels at you."
-Fry, Futurama

5. Re: Jimmy Fallon Nov 19, 2011, 20:47 Cutter

jdreyer wrote on Nov 19, 2011, 19:46:
Wow, that's a great Doors impression. You should watch the original Reading Rainbow first though, if you haven't heard it in a while.

Yeah, I've never really cared for Fallon but that's an absolutely phenomenal impression.

"The South will boogie again!" - Disco Stu

4. Re: Out of the Blue Nov 19, 2011, 20:16 Pankin

You know, I read the Arrested Development headline and I thought, "Oh cool, Netflix is getting seasons 1-3 to stream again, I never knew it went away." Little did I know Netflix is PRODUCING Season 4!!!

WHAAAAAAT!!?!?!!

That's crazy-insane great news!

It's zero hour, Blue. It's the end of the line.
I'm the firstborn.
Sick of playing second fiddle.
Always third in line for everything.
Tired of finishing fourth.
Being the fifth wheel.

There are...six things I'm mad about, and Netflix is taking over.

3. Re: Jimmy Fallon Nov 19, 2011, 20:14 DG

Maybe just a pessimist but I have a hard time imagining Arrested Development will be the same, or anything like as good.  

2. Jimmy Fallon Nov 19, 2011, 19:46 jdreyer

Wow, that's a great Doors impression. You should watch the original Reading Rainbow first though, if you haven't heard it in a while.  

"It's just a bunch of mystic bovine scatology to me." - 1badmf

1. jimmy fallon sing reading rainbow Nov 19, 2011, 16:45 zirik

i laughed hard to that video. i used to watch the reading rainbow with my nephew and this version of the intro song just works and is funny. le var burton did a great job hosting that pbs kids show. its too bad dubya bush ordered the change in focus of education to learning the basics of how to read instead of teaching kids that reading can be an enjoyable journey into the imagination. reading rainbow died because no pbs channel subscribed to it when dubyas new education policy kicked in. thats why we will never see the old style of sesame street, reading rainbow et al. kids today are stuck watching shows like words world and super why that dont encourage reading for pleasure. it teaches them that reading is drudge and boring.

This comment was edited on Nov 19, 2011, 22:02.

15 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo