Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Battlefield 3 Patch Plans

The Battlefield Blog announces plans to patch Battlefield 3, saying updates are coming to DICE's military shooter sequel on all platforms:

The DICE team are hard at work supporting Battlefield 3. To date, we have implemented several server updates to improve stability and performance. Next week we are publishing a significant Battlefield 3 client update for the PC. Console patches take a bit longer due to the certification requirements for console content, but it will follow shortly after the PC update.

So what’s in the PC patch? You’ll see improved polish, stability, weapons balancing, squad control functionality, user interface enhancements, and several feature enhancements that address feedback the community has provided to date – plus we’re removing the so called “negative mouse acceleration” that some of you have experienced.

Regarding cheating and boosting, we continue to analyze data to identify and hold accountable (ban, wipe stats) players that cheat or boost. We’ve received questions about what to do when faced with unsportsmanlike conduct in Battlefield 3 – the best course of action is to click the warning sign next to their profile name in Battlelog, or head to the EA Help Desk and report your issue. These leads will enable us to follow up on the report.

We appreciate all the feedback. Keep it coming to help us with future improvements. Check back next week to confirm the patch launch date and the detailed fix list. Thanks for playing and sharing your feedback with us!

View
20 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

20. Re: Battlefield 3 Patch Plans Nov 20, 2011, 13:43 Zardoz5

Dades wrote on Nov 19, 2011, 15:30:
DangerDog wrote on Nov 19, 2011, 14:39:
Z1nt0 said that DICE is happy with the way VOIP works through battlelog, so don't expect any changes there.

Dice is full of shit anyway, they say a lot of things on their little twitter feeds and blogs then turn around and go back on it later.
Indeed. I don't take anything they say to be the truth until I see the changes/features made in game.

Ever since Bad Co. 2 when they ramped up their BSing they've lost their credibility. They've continued to uphold their tradition with stuff like "PC is the lead platform..", but forgot to mention that they copy/pasted the UI and terrible squad system and number of squads from consoles to PC. Another game, another "Oh we forgot to mention that part" from DICE.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

19. Re: Battlefield 3 Patch Plans Nov 19, 2011, 15:30 Dades

Z1nt0 said that DICE is happy with the way VOIP works through battlelog, so don't expect any changes there.

Dice is full of shit anyway, they say a lot of things on their little twitter feeds and blogs then turn around and go back on it later.

18. Re: Battlefield 3 Patch Plans Nov 19, 2011, 15:15 Sphinx

They they are fools

-Sphinx

17. Re: Battlefield 3 Patch Plans Nov 19, 2011, 14:39 DangerDog

MajorD wrote on Nov 19, 2011, 04:32:
No mention of in-game Team/Squad VoIP, or will that be a Christmas present, or is that hoping for too much?

16. Re: Battlefield 3 Patch Plans Nov 19, 2011, 13:49 ColoradoHoudini

I'd rather not chance it with random dummies and voice chat 9see xbox community chock full of idiot kids).. so I use Ventrilo with some real life buddies..I thought most of us did?
-----------------
I think I may have crashed once in all the hours I've been playing. I really don't have any problems outside of the lighting, good to see that's being addressed.

Very happy I picked up this title.

15. Re: Battlefield 3 Patch Plans Nov 19, 2011, 12:33 Omni

Lets hope its better than BFBC2 latest patch
I do enjoy bf3 it is good fun but there are also some silly bugs which really needs to be fixed.

14. Re: Battlefield 3 Patch Plans Nov 19, 2011, 11:35 Shataan

I look forward to some decent performance/visuals optimizations.  

13. Re: Battlefield 3 Patch Plans Nov 19, 2011, 10:32 tuddies

I had high expectations with BF3 and they have been already blown away! This game rocks!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  

12. Re: Battlefield 3 Patch Plans Nov 19, 2011, 07:32 entr0py

Bob Bobsen wrote on Nov 19, 2011, 07:12:
I just want a fix for the flashlight 'brighter' than the sun issue. Jeez, its a good thing that TK'ing isn't possible or I would've been in negative numbers after correcting teammates behavior problems, 'splashing' their own side!

There was an announcement about flashlights 2 or 3 days ago. They are toning them down quite a lot, and even posted pictures.

11. Re: Battlefield 3 Patch Plans Nov 19, 2011, 07:12 Bob Bobsen

I just want a fix for the flashlight 'brighter' than the sun issue. Jeez, its a good thing that TK'ing isn't possible or I would've been in negative numbers after correcting teammates behavior problems, 'splashing' their own side!  

10. Re: Battlefield 3 Patch Plans Nov 19, 2011, 05:52 Prez

Just be nice on their forums, or else you won't be able to play at all...  

“The greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be judged by the way its animals are treated.”
- Mahatma Gandhi

9. Re: Battlefield 3 Patch Plans Nov 19, 2011, 05:27 Hoop

The control assignments are a cluster fuck.
Why do they continue to use single celled life forms as testers?

This comment was edited on Nov 19, 2011, 13:49.

Um .. Behind you...

8. Re: Battlefield 3 Patch Plans Nov 19, 2011, 04:44 Jackplug

MajorD wrote on Nov 19, 2011, 04:32:
No mention of in-game Team/Squad VoIP, or will that be a Christmas present, or is that hoping for too much?

Too much, come on Dice to fix something that fucked up you need to ask the tooth fairy aswell and not just santa!!

DangerDog wrote on Nov 19, 2011, 02:28:
one patch closer to a finished game, ten more to go before it's out of beta.

You're gonna get 10 patches out of Dice haha I think you've had far too many eggnogs

7. Re: Battlefield 3 Patch Plans Nov 19, 2011, 04:32 MajorD

6. Re: Battlefield 3 Patch Plans Nov 19, 2011, 02:36 Techie714 ©

So far I have over 50 hours in the multi-player game (Hardcore). I'm thoroughly enjoying it. The game has only crashed on me once or twice & the game could use a patch like this. I cant wait to see the balance portion of the fix list & I hope they made mines & RPG's more lethal!  

Steam (ID)
http://steamcommunity.com/id/techie714/
DEAD SH0T
Keep your privacy!
http://prism-break.org/

5. Re: Battlefield 3 Patch Plans Nov 19, 2011, 02:28 DangerDog

one patch closer to a finished game, ten more to go before it's out of beta.  

4. Re: Battlefield 3 Patch Plans Nov 19, 2011, 01:46 Jackplug

Rossafur wrote on Nov 19, 2011, 00:31:
Wonder if there's anything they can do to stop Operation Metro from being a ridiculous spam-fest stalemate with even 32 players. Well, that goes for several of the maps at 64 players...

There are a few maps like that which are too easy to defend and the focal points a bit too narrow, I thought this had free roam maps not a COD shite.

Joss wrote on Nov 19, 2011, 00:23:
Yeah, still bummed about the no joystick sensitivity settings. Think I'll go hammer the forums.

I'm sick to the teeth of the lack sensitivity settings, I haven't shot one jet or heli cos I can't control it. I wouldnt mind but BF3 just grabbed my joystick buttons and jumbled them all up and then called them different names like my trigger button was called thrust button!!

Another pain is the Javelin or 1 mine, it can't even blow up a small jeep, it only disables it, surely a javelin would be able to blow one up to kingdom come it has enough explosives inside!!

This comment was edited on Nov 19, 2011, 04:43.

3. Re: Battlefield 3 Patch Plans Nov 19, 2011, 00:31 Rossafur

Wonder if there's anything they can do to stop Operation Metro from being a ridiculous spam-fest stalemate with even 32 players. Well, that goes for several of the maps at 64 players...  

2. Re: Battlefield 3 Patch Plans Nov 19, 2011, 00:23 Joss

Yeah, still bummed about the no joystick sensitivity settings. Think I'll go hammer the forums.  

1. Re: Battlefield 3 Patch Plans Nov 19, 2011, 00:13 entr0py

I believe they went through the same thing with mouse smoothing in the last game, apologized for it, and said they recognized it only hurts the gameplay. How and why does it always creep in to PC games? Is it just that the code is copypasted from console versions?

But personally I've been more bothered by the fact that they didn't include any setting for sensitivity or deadzone for joysticks. I imagine Xbox 360 controllers are configured about right by default, but if you have anything else it might be incredibly unresponsive.

This comment was edited on Nov 19, 2011, 00:42.

20 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo