Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Back to Karkand Trailer, Details

The Battlefield Blog offers a new update on the upcoming Back to Karkand DLC for Battlefield 3. This includes a Gameplay Trailer and an explanation of the pack's added persistence: "The Back to Karkand expansion pack is much more than just maps. We are also adding a new layer of persistence in the form of ten Assignments. These will be tracked no matter if you play a base game map or expansion pack map, and add a new way to unlock things in the game."

View
10. Re: Back to Karkand Trailer, Details Nov 18, 2011, 19:47 Nate

Verno wrote on Nov 18, 2011, 11:23:
Oh boy more things to unlock Rolleyes

I really like the gameplay but I'm a bit disappointed in some of the maps and I really hate the unlock system, it creates a very apparent advantage over newcomers in a way that BC2 couldn't even hope to achieve despite similar concerns. My team last night was rolling people when we had higher ranked folk with all of the attachment/vehicle unlocks, it wasn't even fair. You literally have better weaponry, better accessories for those weapons, more options for vehicle combat and so on. It's just plain unfair and even when its my squad/team doing the rolling it just doesn't feel that fun. The best times in BF3 are when its down to the wire with fair teams.

The squad system needs to be totally redone too. Hardcoded squads with no extra room were a terrible idea. Why was this changed from BC2? That game had a perfectly fine squad system. Why is there no squad voip? You have to form parties using battlelog to get voip at all which makes public play unbearable. BF2 had squad voip and they even went back to patch it into BC2 though I'm not sure it ever actually worked.

At least they are listening on balance issues I guess, IRNV and taclights are getting nerfed very soon. All the same, its still a frustrating experience trying to get you/buddies into the same server, on the same squad and hope that your team isn't full of players who don't have any unlocks.

All true. The servers need to have a better auto-balance sides function.

Previous Post Next Post Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

Date Subject Author
  1. Nov 18, 11:13 Re: Back to Karkand Trailer, Details MajorD
  11. Nov 18, 21:20  Re: Back to Karkand Trailer, Details Lokust
  12. Nov 20, 20:32   Re: Back to Karkand Trailer, Details Ant
  2. Nov 18, 11:23 Re: Back to Karkand Trailer, Details Verno
  3. Nov 18, 13:56  Re: Back to Karkand Trailer, Details TangledThorns
  4. Nov 18, 14:11   Re: Back to Karkand Trailer, Details MajorD
>> 10. Nov 18, 19:47  Re: Back to Karkand Trailer, Details Nate
  5. Nov 18, 14:46 Re: Back to Karkand Trailer, Details Gadzooks
  6. Nov 18, 14:46 Re: Back to Karkand Trailer, Details xXBatmanXx
  7. Nov 18, 15:43 Re: Back to Karkand Trailer, Details DangerDog