Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Greenbelt, MD 08/22

Regularly scheduled events

Back to Karkand Trailer, Details

The Battlefield Blog offers a new update on the upcoming Back to Karkand DLC for Battlefield 3. This includes a Gameplay Trailer and an explanation of the pack's added persistence: "The Back to Karkand expansion pack is much more than just maps. We are also adding a new layer of persistence in the form of ten Assignments. These will be tracked no matter if you play a base game map or expansion pack map, and add a new way to unlock things in the game."

View
12 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

12. Re: Back to Karkand Trailer, Details Nov 20, 2011, 20:32 Ant

Lokust wrote on Nov 18, 2011, 21:20:
God I hated the Karkand map in battlefield 2. Fastest way to get me to find another server....
Why the hate?

Ant @ The Ant Farm: http://antfarm.ma.cx and Ant's Quality Foraged Links: http://aqfl.net ...
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

11. Re: Back to Karkand Trailer, Details Nov 18, 2011, 21:20 Lokust

God I hated the Karkand map in battlefield 2. Fastest way to get me to find another server....  

10. Re: Back to Karkand Trailer, Details Nov 18, 2011, 19:47 Nate

Verno wrote on Nov 18, 2011, 11:23:
Oh boy more things to unlock Rolleyes

I really like the gameplay but I'm a bit disappointed in some of the maps and I really hate the unlock system, it creates a very apparent advantage over newcomers in a way that BC2 couldn't even hope to achieve despite similar concerns. My team last night was rolling people when we had higher ranked folk with all of the attachment/vehicle unlocks, it wasn't even fair. You literally have better weaponry, better accessories for those weapons, more options for vehicle combat and so on. It's just plain unfair and even when its my squad/team doing the rolling it just doesn't feel that fun. The best times in BF3 are when its down to the wire with fair teams.

The squad system needs to be totally redone too. Hardcoded squads with no extra room were a terrible idea. Why was this changed from BC2? That game had a perfectly fine squad system. Why is there no squad voip? You have to form parties using battlelog to get voip at all which makes public play unbearable. BF2 had squad voip and they even went back to patch it into BC2 though I'm not sure it ever actually worked.

At least they are listening on balance issues I guess, IRNV and taclights are getting nerfed very soon. All the same, its still a frustrating experience trying to get you/buddies into the same server, on the same squad and hope that your team isn't full of players who don't have any unlocks.

All true. The servers need to have a better auto-balance sides function.

9. Re: Back to Karkand Trailer, Details Nov 18, 2011, 18:47 xXBatmanXx

Verno wrote on Nov 18, 2011, 15:53:

People moaned about the way they handled "dlc" on Bad Company 2, mostly that there wasn't any actual "downloading" of the content but simply unlocking what was already on the disc/installed to your hard drive.

That's only half the story though, the other half being that people didn't like just getting rehashed map modes as "DLC".

That didn't bother me so much as I wish that if they were just going to rehash shit, to give us the tools to make new maps. That being said, their patch system is a joke. Which is why I understand their reason for it - but, then again, they didn't make it easy on themselves to fix their own game. Which also makes me believe they didn't care to.

Now, from some of the stuff I saw, isn't BF3 the same setup?

I dunno. Everyone is moving so far away from giving us control as they want to nickel and dime DLC and shut down servers to force a new product.

I really like BFBC2, but just like BF2, cheats are rampant, and nothing is going to fix that. They have no reason to. There is no money in it.

In this present crisis, government is not the solution to our problem; government is the problem. / Few men have virtue enough to withstand the highest bidder.
Playing: New dad

8. Re: Back to Karkand Trailer, Details Nov 18, 2011, 15:53 Verno

People moaned about the way they handled "dlc" on Bad Company 2, mostly that there wasn't any actual "downloading" of the content but simply unlocking what was already on the disc/installed to your hard drive.

That's only half the story though, the other half being that people didn't like just getting rehashed map modes as "DLC".

Playing: Infamous Second Son
Watching: Midsomer Murders, Dominion, The Knick

7. Re: Back to Karkand Trailer, Details Nov 18, 2011, 15:43 DangerDog

It won't matter much about map rotation, I bet that these maps see more playtime than anything that comes with the game so if you didn't pre-order to get B2K free you'll need to pony up and buy it.

24/7 Karkand 64 player infantry only servers will most likely top the charts, again.

6. Re: Back to Karkand Trailer, Details Nov 18, 2011, 14:46 xXBatmanXx

I find selling millions of copies of a game with promised content, only to be added a month plus later a little stupid. MW3 is doing that same thing with their season pass. It is as though the product is rushed to retail, then with all the extra cash, they finish the rest of the game.

I don't think the said Karkand was going to take this long to release, originally they made it sound like it was part of the game out of the gate. And we won't even get into the clusterfuck that is MW3's Elite crap.

Either way, any and all DLC with forced rotation (sounds like both games will do this) will fragment and kill the game, just like Black Ops and just like BFBC2. Forces a new game down your throat.

In this present crisis, government is not the solution to our problem; government is the problem. / Few men have virtue enough to withstand the highest bidder.
Playing: New dad

5. Re: Back to Karkand Trailer, Details Nov 18, 2011, 14:46 Gadzooks

Best part about these remade maps:

No absurd amount of bloomy, glowing lights blinding you at every turn all over the map.

4. Re: Back to Karkand Trailer, Details Nov 18, 2011, 14:11 MajorD

TangledThorns wrote on Nov 18, 2011, 13:56:
It'd be nice if there was a path to fix the stuttering and other gameplay bugs...

I'm keeping my fingers crossed those will be some, of the many, fixes in the forthcoming December patch. The ones you mentioned are a must, along with Squad VoIP, and to fix the blossom menu, which is pretty much just a place holder right now, other than for spotting and minimal Squad Leader attack/defend commands.

3. Re: Back to Karkand Trailer, Details Nov 18, 2011, 13:56 TangledThorns

It'd be nice if there was a path to fix the stuttering and other gameplay bugs...  

2. Re: Back to Karkand Trailer, Details Nov 18, 2011, 11:23 Verno

Oh boy more things to unlock Rolleyes

I really like the gameplay but I'm a bit disappointed in some of the maps and I really hate the unlock system, it creates a very apparent advantage over newcomers in a way that BC2 couldn't even hope to achieve despite similar concerns. My team last night was rolling people when we had higher ranked folk with all of the attachment/vehicle unlocks, it wasn't even fair. You literally have better weaponry, better accessories for those weapons, more options for vehicle combat and so on. It's just plain unfair and even when its my squad/team doing the rolling it just doesn't feel that fun. The best times in BF3 are when its down to the wire with fair teams.

The squad system needs to be totally redone too. Hardcoded squads with no extra room were a terrible idea. Why was this changed from BC2? That game had a perfectly fine squad system. Why is there no squad voip? You have to form parties using battlelog to get voip at all which makes public play unbearable. BF2 had squad voip and they even went back to patch it into BC2 though I'm not sure it ever actually worked.

At least they are listening on balance issues I guess, IRNV and taclights are getting nerfed very soon. All the same, its still a frustrating experience trying to get you/buddies into the same server, on the same squad and hope that your team isn't full of players who don't have any unlocks.

Playing: Infamous Second Son
Watching: Midsomer Murders, Dominion, The Knick

1. Re: Back to Karkand Trailer, Details Nov 18, 2011, 11:13 MajorD

Kick Ass trailer; should prove to be a lot of fun.

Notice they are releasing it 1 week early on PS3?

12 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo