Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Greenbelt, MD 08/22

Regularly scheduled events

MechWarrior Online Using CryENGINE 3

The MechWarrior Online Website announces this upcoming multiplayer BattleTech game will use Crytek's CryENGINE 3. "Working with CryENGINE is a true pleasure," said Russ Bullock, president of Piranha Games. "It is definitely the best choice for us: Both the character animation pipeline with the procedurally and physics based animations and the destruction system fit our goals perfectly and allow us to develop a truly unique AAA experience based on the award-winning BattleTech Universe." The announcement also outlines the "four distinct pillars" of the game:

• Mech Warfare, the embodiment of Mech to Mech combat
  • Role Warfare, the ability for player’s to customize their experience to suit their own style of gameplay
  • Community Warfare, the ability to let the players take part in epic combat for territorial control
  • Information Warfare, an element on the battlefield that incorporates information technology to help control the fight

View
14 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

14. Re: MechWarrior Online Using CryENGINE 3 Nov 18, 2011, 08:19 LgFriess

Muscular Beaver wrote on Nov 18, 2011, 07:46:
This will be so extremely dumbed down...

I really hope not. But with all the problems they have had already I'm not full of confidence.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

13. Re: MechWarrior Online Using CryENGINE 3 Nov 18, 2011, 07:46 Muscular Beaver

This will be so extremely dumbed down...  

Oh that is so lame... You will PAY for your use of inappropriate dialogue!
- Mojo Jojo

12. Re: MechWarrior Online Using CryENGINE 3 Nov 18, 2011, 06:44 verrul

Sounds more and more like MPBT. Lance vs Lance, Company vs Company. Hope fully with a lot of Guild/Merc features.  

11. Re: MechWarrior Online Using CryENGINE 3 Nov 17, 2011, 22:56 Prez

MechWarrior Online...

Puke

“The greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be judged by the way its animals are treated.”
- Mahatma Gandhi

10. Re: MechWarrior Online Using CryENGINE 3 Nov 17, 2011, 21:25 ldonyo

If it weren't online only I might care.  

9. Re: MechWarrior Online Using CryENGINE 3 Nov 17, 2011, 20:47 Razumen

Cutter wrote on Nov 17, 2011, 19:25:
PoopWarrior Online.

Haha reeeeeeal funny.

Why not save the criticism for something that actually deserves it? I'd say using CryEngine is good news so far.

8. Re: MechWarrior Online Using CryENGINE 3 Nov 17, 2011, 19:31 Wildone

Just call it 'Arcade Robot Warriorz'  

7. Re: MechWarrior Online Using CryENGINE 3 Nov 17, 2011, 19:25 Cutter

PoopWarrior Online.

"The South will boogie again!" - Disco Stu

6. Re: MechWarrior Online Using CryENGINE 3 Nov 17, 2011, 18:19 Draugr

Bumpy wrote on Nov 17, 2011, 17:55:
When they change their mind and announce a SP campaign to go with this game, then I'll get interested.

Which is what they wanted to do, until nobody would give them funding to do it since it couldn't be released for the PS3 as well.

The most "single player" we'll see come out of this appears to be, "Not at launch. We're looking at ways to incorporate PVE post launch and withing the framework of the MWO concept."

http://mwomercs.com/forums/topic/1535-developer-qa-1/

Seems like they want a real Mechwarrior game as much as the rest of us, but funding is an issue.

5. Re: MechWarrior Online Using CryENGINE 3 Nov 17, 2011, 18:13 Razumen

Nice, I'm looking forward to this.

As long as the multi-player is solid I can forgive the lack of a single-player component. Sure SP is nice, but every MW always relies on MP for lasting appeal.

Hopefully focusing on MP will allow them to put more resources and flesh out the gameplay more.

4. Re: MechWarrior Online Using CryENGINE 3 Nov 17, 2011, 17:55 Bumpy

When they change their mind and announce a SP campaign to go with this game, then I'll get interested.  

3. Re: MechWarrior Online Using CryENGINE 3 Nov 17, 2011, 17:40 PHJF

MechWarrior and Crysis? That sounds awfully familiar.  

Steam + PSN: PHJF

2. Re: MechWarrior Online Using CryENGINE 3 Nov 17, 2011, 17:32 Paketep

Seeing what they promised, and what we're getting two years after, I wouldn't put too much faith in all of this. Who knows what they'll do in another 6/8 months?.  

1. Re: MechWarrior Online Using CryENGINE 3 Nov 17, 2011, 17:02 Overon

These announcements are getting earlier and earlier and they have nothing to show yet. I will care when they have some actual in game screenshots and videos.

Also it's piranha games, when was the last time they released any thing good or anything that wasn't semi broken at release?
Read their FAQ, it's full of non specific answers.

This comment was edited on Nov 17, 2011, 17:07.

14 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo