Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Skyrim Ships 7M

ZeniMax Media announces having shipped seven million units of The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim, saying they expect Bethesda Softworks' RPG sequel to generate more than $450 million in global retail sales. "We are grateful for the fans’ response to Skyrim," said Robert Altman, Chairman and CEO of ZeniMax Media. "Todd Howard and his team at Bethesda Game Studios have crafted a very special game. Anticipation for Skyrim has surpassed any game in our company’s history, and we are pleased that sales and reviews have reflected the quality and hours of amazing gameplay it provides."

View
105 Replies. 6 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 ] Older >

105. Re: Skyrim Ships 7M Nov 21, 2011, 17:32 Eldaron Imotholin

Haha, seems like Creston got me blocked.

PS: Based on the fact I already hinted at the "more powerful dragon" earlier but a tad more subtle

This comment was edited on Nov 21, 2011, 18:22.

Playing: Skyrim, World of Warcraft.
Future: Dead Space 3.
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

104. Re: Skyrim Ships 7M Nov 21, 2011, 15:18 Creston

Bhruic wrote on Nov 21, 2011, 01:44:
With 4-5 bowmen, a dragon can be killed quite quickly, so no idea why Helgen couldn't fight theirs off.

Because they got attacked by Alruin. Ie, the Big Bad Dragon.

Creston

103. Re: Skyrim Ships 7M Nov 21, 2011, 11:14 Eldaron Imotholin

Bhruic wrote on Nov 21, 2011, 05:35:
If anyone here is like me and my friend, and stops to see feel a sense of purpose after completing a main story and therefore killing playability.... STALL finishing the main quest as much as you can and want!

Or, even better, start a new game with a different character type. I've been saving lots of different quest lines for second/third/etc playthroughs.

Then still, if I've finished a main quest in the TES games... I've had enough. For some reason I cannot really explain.. or just don't care enough for to think about.. the only thing that keeps me attached to playing is the main quest.. even if I'm not even touching it. Having finished it, the veil sorta lifts and I see that running around in an artificial world is an utter waste of my time.

102. Re: Skyrim Ships 7M Nov 21, 2011, 05:35 Bhruic

If anyone here is like me and my friend, and stops to see feel a sense of purpose after completing a main story and therefore killing playability.... STALL finishing the main quest as much as you can and want!

Or, even better, start a new game with a different character type. I've been saving lots of different quest lines for second/third/etc playthroughs.

101. Re: Skyrim Ships 7M Nov 21, 2011, 02:37 Eldaron Imotholin

Early (I hope) in the main quest you'll find out that actually makes sense. That dragon is a tad stronger than the others, I presume.

Btw, a friend of mine told me this game's main quest is shorter than any other he's ever experienced. If anyone here is like me and my friend, and stops to see feel a sense of purpose after completing a main story and therefore killing playability.... STALL finishing the main quest as much as you can and want!

100. Re: Skyrim Ships 7M Nov 21, 2011, 01:44 Bhruic

I had my first non-quest related dragon-attacking-town encounter today. Took the horse-and-cart to Falkreath, as I had a quest near there, guard immediately stops me to ask if I've seen a dog. Well, as I'm reading over the response options, a dragon attacks. Guards all run off to fight it, so I join in. Seemed like a pretty easy dragon, I don't think anyone got killed by it.

Frankly, I think the dragons are quite under-powered in the game, at least the ones I've run into so far. With 4-5 bowmen, a dragon can be killed quite quickly, so no idea why Helgen couldn't fight theirs off.

99. Re: Skyrim Ships 7M Nov 20, 2011, 19:39 Mashiki Amiketo

Eldaron Imotholin wrote on Nov 20, 2011, 07:42:
However, I've only met 5 dragons yet in the 30+ hours I've already played. It's ridiculous. None of those encounters have been attacks on towns btw.
There was kinda a point where I was wondering the same thing, then the bastards came out of the woodwork looking for my blood. I just ran across my first elder dragon at level 38, took me a good bit to kill it.

--
"For every human problem,
there is a neat, simple solution;
and it is always wrong."
--H.L. Mencken

98. Re: Skyrim Ships 7M Nov 20, 2011, 07:42 Eldaron Imotholin

That's exactly what a friend of mine said. I'm almost starting to feel mine is bugged, which I'm sure is nonsense because they do appear.

However, I've only met 5 dragons yet in the 30+ hours I've already played. It's ridiculous. None of those encounters have been attacks on towns btw.

97. Re: Skyrim Ships 7M Nov 19, 2011, 21:54 Mashiki Amiketo

Eldaron Imotholin wrote on Nov 19, 2011, 12:11:
PS: Dramatic story, btw! Too bad I hardly meet any dragons at all :\
Really? I spent the night in dawnstar, and walked out the front door. The town was being roasted by a blood and frost dragon. I promptly got chewed on and thrown half-way across the world it seemed.

They're out there, very random. But town attacks are pretty amazing.

--
"For every human problem,
there is a neat, simple solution;
and it is always wrong."
--H.L. Mencken

96. Re: Skyrim Ships 7M Nov 19, 2011, 12:11 Eldaron Imotholin

Hit ` then click on the corpses and type: resurrect

I guess you knew and just don't wanna cheat like that.. but I think it's an awesome thing to do for when your horse dies for example.

PS: Dramatic story, btw! Too bad I hardly meet any dragons at all :\

This comment was edited on Nov 19, 2011, 17:46.

95. Re: Skyrim Ships 7M Nov 19, 2011, 00:53 Creston

Pretty cool moment just happened to me in Skyrim. I'd gone back to Riverwood to sell some extra loot (cheap ass merchants that can never buy the 20K in junk I'm hauling around Shakefist !!)

When I came out of the Riverwood Trader, an Elder Dragon attacked the village. It was pretty cool seeing everyone running around, and the guards attacking the Dragon, etc. I was busy dodging the damn thing's breath weapon left and right, and at one point when I dodge, the blacksmith's wife gets in the way, and gets fried. I felt a brief moment of guilt, then continued fighting. I finally slay the thing and absorb its soul, which causes the whole village to come out and gawk at me.

I talk with some of them, grinning at their effuse words of praise, when I come to one little girl. I talk to her, and she says in a sad voice "I don't want to talk about it."

It's not until I walk back into the village, and see the body of the blacksmith lying in the streets, that I realize she's his daughter, and she just watched a Dragon toast both her parents.

That made me feel really shitty, especially since I'd saved after the battle and thus couldn't go back. Sorry, kid!

For a non-scripted moment, that was pretty damn awesome.

Creston

94. Re: Skyrim Ships 7M Nov 18, 2011, 12:31 Dev

Eldaron Imotholin wrote on Nov 18, 2011, 02:07:
Question to the steam people!

Can I import save-games into my Steam version of Skyrim and if so, will I gain my overdue achievements?

The case is that I pirated Skyrim this first week because my game was on freaking backorder at cdwow.com.

Would love it if someone could answer this for me. I'm not a steam fan which is why I'm not experienced in it.

I've done something similar before with fallout 3, and it worked fine (importing saves from purchased cd version into my other purchased steam version). My saves in fallout from a long previous version worked fine with the latest version in steam. I don't think fallout 3 ever had patches invalidating previous saves, and I'm sure its the same for skyrim so far.

Achievements, probably not.

However, if you've rotated saves and have a lot of them, just load them up to just before achievement happened, and re-trigger it. I never cared much about achievements in fallout, but as I recall from forum posts one could even cheat right up to the point of the achievement, restart and reload the game and then trigger it and still get it.

93. Re: Skyrim Ships 7M Nov 18, 2011, 11:59 StingingVelvet

I had to play in offline mode for a bit yesterday and when I loaded through Steam again it did NOT give me the achievements for what I did offline.  

92. Re: Skyrim Ships 7M Nov 18, 2011, 04:25 peteham

I'm at work so I can't check, but I assume that like everything else these days, your savegames are stored in your profile folder anyway, so that once you install the legit version, they'll show up automatically.

As for achievements, I don't really know but I seriously doubt it.. You probably need steam running when they trigger.

91. Re: Skyrim Ships 7M Nov 18, 2011, 02:07 Eldaron Imotholin

Question to the steam people!

Can I import save-games into my Steam version of Skyrim and if so, will I gain my overdue achievements?

The case is that I pirated Skyrim this first week because my game was on freaking backorder at cdwow.com.

Would love it if someone could answer this for me. I'm not a steam fan which is why I'm not experienced in it.

90. Re: Skyrim Ships 7M Nov 17, 2011, 21:23 StingingVelvet

avianflu wrote on Nov 17, 2011, 20:14:
got rid of all of those over-used glowy and haze effects

Just turn HDR off, it gets rid of most of that.

89. Re: Skyrim Ships 7M Nov 17, 2011, 20:14 avianflu

What Skyrim does 1000% better than Oblivion (incomplete list):

finishing moves in melee combat
got rid of all of those over-used glowy and haze effects
better lighting effects
better distant views
no 'Oblivion gate' crap

I really want a hires texture pack: otherwise the game is pretty dang great.

88. Re: Skyrim Ships 7M Nov 17, 2011, 18:19 Creston

MoreLuckThanSkill wrote on Nov 17, 2011, 16:25:
So.... every Skyrim thread approaches 100 comments, mostly complaining about the UI, but extolling the other virtues of the game.

Excellent, as soon as that GotY version hits the bargain bin, and the mods are polished, I'm all in.

By then I expect some ultra high res textures as well!

The first texture pack will have a pre-release next week. No need to wait that long.

Creston

87. Re: Skyrim Ships 7M Nov 17, 2011, 16:25 MoreLuckThanSkill

So.... every Skyrim thread approaches 100 comments, mostly complaining about the UI, but extolling the other virtues of the game.

Excellent, as soon as that GotY version hits the bargain bin, and the mods are polished, I'm all in.

By then I expect some ultra high res textures as well!

86. Re: Skyrim Ships 7M Nov 17, 2011, 16:12 StingingVelvet

Ratty wrote on Nov 17, 2011, 14:12:
Silly Rabbit. XBox doesn't have a control key. So of course not.

The Xbox pad only has two hotkeys, so why they stopped at 8 on PC is anyone's guess. The only theory I have is that it was already coded for Oblivion (which had 8 because the Xbox had 8) and they didn't bother changing it.

105 Replies. 6 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo