Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Greenbelt, MD 08/22

Regularly scheduled events

Diablo III Beta Key Giveaway

Though not noted on the U.S. site, the European Diablo III Page has word on a Diablo III beta key giveaway on the Diablo Facebook Page (thanks Gamer's Hell). Here's word:

Whoa, we're halfway there! If youíre still praying for a Diablo III beta key, take heart. We've gone through half of the keys we're giving out on Facebook, but the glass is still half full, so be sure to sign up for the sweepstakes if you havenít already. Every Monday, we're picking 200 lucky entrants to receive a key, and every fourth person will hit the jackpot and receive an additional key to give to a friend. Give it a shot!

If you haven't entered yet, you can do so at the Diablo III Beta Key Sweepstakes page.

View
52 Replies. 3 pages. Viewing page 3.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 ] Older >

12. Re: Diablo III Beta Key Giveaway Nov 16, 2011, 12:47 Verno

Wildone wrote on Nov 16, 2011, 12:29:
wow even my mom has FB, you gotta be a serious recluse lol come on join the rest of humanity!!!

Or maybe from a generation that doesn't use Facebook much or someone who just doesn't like the superficial yet time consuming nature of it. I have an account that barely gets used, it basically exists so I can keep in touch with people who refuse to use anything but Facebook. The rest of us manage with the telephone, email, text messaging and even actual face to face conversations (whoa!).

Playing: Infamous Second Son
Watching: Midsomer Murders, Dominion, The Knick
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

11. Re: Diablo III Beta Key Giveaway Nov 16, 2011, 12:47 Mashiki Amiketo

Satoru wrote on Nov 16, 2011, 12:37:
You DO NOT need a Facebook page to enter.

Read before complaining
No you just need to provide all your personal information to facebook still. No thanks!

wow even my mom has FB, you gotta be a serious recluse lol come on join the rest of humanity!!!
Unlike 40-70% of society, I don't have self esteem issues, or have a need to indulge in narcissism.

--
"For every human problem,
there is a neat, simple solution;
and it is always wrong."
--H.L. Mencken

10. Re: Diablo III Beta Key Giveaway Nov 16, 2011, 12:46 Satoru

Cram wrote on Nov 16, 2011, 12:40:
Or do what I do and have a 'fake' Facebook account for junk like this.

This.

It's a good idea to have a 'fake' Facebook for these kinds of giveaways that companies are doing, since some can only be done via Facebook. I also have a 'clean' Facebook profile for professional use. And a 'personal' Facebook for all my actual friends. Ensures things are segregated nicely.

I have a lot of these kinds of things even in other media.

Obviously the 'junk' email address is pretty easy to do for signing up for contests and mailing lists.

I also create pseudonyms in real life. If I have a contest I want to enter by filling in a form, or other such things, That way when I see stuff in the mail with that pseudonym, it immediately goes in the trash.

9. Re: Diablo III Beta Key Giveaway Nov 16, 2011, 12:44 Fibrocyte

Eeehhhh... I don't really care to see pictures of my cousins new girlfriend nor do I care what my wife's coworker had for lunch last Wednesday so I don't see a big need for a FB account.

8. Re: Diablo III Beta Key Giveaway Nov 16, 2011, 12:43 El Pit

No, no, noooo, we are not trying to bribe you. It is really just a coincidence. No, nooo, nooooo, really. We know you want to be a part of Facebook, so we are giving you the beta key AFTER signing up, but not FOR signing up. You see the difference? Rrrrright.

Facebook is a social networking software for your mom and her friends.

Consoles? I owned two: a Pong clone and an Atari 2600. And that's it.

7. Re: Diablo III Beta Key Giveaway Nov 16, 2011, 12:40 Cram

Or do what I do and have a 'fake' Facebook account for junk like this.

This.

6. Re: Diablo III Beta Key Giveaway Nov 16, 2011, 12:37 Satoru

You DO NOT need a Facebook page to enter.

https://apps.facebook.com/diabloiiibetasweeps/contests/159910/rules

Click at the bottom "Alternate Method of Entry"

Also from the offical Blizzard FAQ

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/3342018236#1

Q. Do I need a Facebook account to enter this promotion?
A. No. While entering with a Facebook account will provide you with some additional benefits, such as sharing if you've won with your friends, you don't need an account to participate. If you'd like to enter, but donít have a Facebook account (and don't want one), you can click on the "Alternate Method of Entry" link at the bottom of the official rules page: https://apps.facebook.com/diabloiiibetasweeps/contests/159910/rules

Read before complaining

Or create a junk Facebook account for crap like this.

5. Re: Diablo III Beta Key Giveaway Nov 16, 2011, 12:32 Teddy

I admit I considered it for a moment, but no... not even Diablo 3 will make me sign up for facebook.  

4. Re: Diablo III Beta Key Giveaway Nov 16, 2011, 12:29 Wildone

3. Re: Diablo III Beta Key Giveaway Nov 16, 2011, 12:28 SirKnight

Ah nuts, you have to have a FB account to do this. Technically I do have one, but I disabled it years ago and will not go back.

Oh well. No big loss really. I'd honestly still rather play D2 and Torchlight.

2. Re: Diablo III Beta Key Giveaway Nov 16, 2011, 12:12 Wildone

why?  

1. Re: Diablo III Beta Key Giveaway Nov 16, 2011, 12:02 Mashiki Amiketo

D3 key huh? FB huh? Piss the hell off.  
--
"For every human problem,
there is a neat, simple solution;
and it is always wrong."
--H.L. Mencken