Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Diablo III Beta Key Giveaway

Though not noted on the U.S. site, the European Diablo III Page has word on a Diablo III beta key giveaway on the Diablo Facebook Page (thanks Gamer's Hell). Here's word:

Whoa, we're halfway there! If you’re still praying for a Diablo III beta key, take heart. We've gone through half of the keys we're giving out on Facebook, but the glass is still half full, so be sure to sign up for the sweepstakes if you haven’t already. Every Monday, we're picking 200 lucky entrants to receive a key, and every fourth person will hit the jackpot and receive an additional key to give to a friend. Give it a shot!

If you haven't entered yet, you can do so at the Diablo III Beta Key Sweepstakes page.

View
52 Replies. 3 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 ] Older >

52. Re: Diablo III Beta Key Giveaway Nov 17, 2011, 09:30 Luke

Faceshit again , well i told ya so , but nana  
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

51. Re: Diablo III Beta Key Giveaway Nov 17, 2011, 09:25 El Pit

Okay, I got two beta keys and I would like to give one away. Please apply and give me information about you, your friends, your former and present girlfriend/s and wives, your hobbies, your job, where you have been and where you would like to go to, what you had for dinner, your favorite dish, and do not forget to give me photos and videos of all of your trips, parties, and so on. Please sign here to allow me to sell this information and shower you with spam from other parties, too. Oh, and please get yourself one of my e-mail accounts, all the information from your mails, including who you send your mails, how regularly you send, and so on is also very interesting. Thank you in advance for the information.  
Consoles? I owned two: a Pong clone and an Atari 2600. And that's it.

50. Re: Diablo III Beta Key Giveaway Nov 17, 2011, 08:55 Verno

Just put him on ignore, I did a month ago and it's been pure bliss on here ever since. He makes outlandish comments for attention, it's nothing earth shattering.  

Playing: Dark Souls 2
Watching: Korengal, Legends, Intruders

49. Re: Diablo III Beta Key Giveaway Nov 17, 2011, 08:40 RollinThundr

Beamer wrote on Nov 16, 2011, 16:44:
Krovven wrote on Nov 16, 2011, 16:09:
Beamer wrote on Nov 16, 2011, 13:22:
For one, having a Facebook account is normal now. It's a sign of a decently adjusted social person. Not having one sends off alarms of Unabomber.

That is quite possibly the most ridiculously stupid and ignorant thing you or anyone else on these forums.

Why don't you just throw in there 'everyone that wears a turban or isn't white is a terrorist' for good measure?

Unbelievably fucking stupid thing to say.

It may be stupid, but it's how people react these days.
People also think those with neck tattoos are bad employees. Is that true? Not the people I know. Does it make it stupid that they got neck tattoos and now have trouble finding jobs? Yes, yes it does.

Here's a tip: if you're in any position where you want to be liked, be it by a potential employer or potential date, you should probably adapt to large, sweeping norms that take no effort and sacrifice nothing. You can post here about how you're smarter than everyone because you don't have a facebook, but few agree with you. It makes you weird. Not quirky, eccentric, or individual, just reclusive and weird. And when you start explaining why you don't have a page you come across as annoying.

Just be like Verno. Get a page. Check it once a month. See what cousins you never talk to are up to. If anything it saves you catch-up time rather than takes up time.

Yes because "Normal" people base all their life decisions on someones facebook profile. Do you even listen to yourself? Or do you just spout total bullshit on a regular basis for effect? God you're an idiot.

48. Re: Diablo III Beta Key Giveaway Nov 17, 2011, 06:00 InBlack

I entered this when it was opened, but so far no luck, no cigar..

Anyone with a key/account that they no longer use or need willing to take pity on a poor lost soul?

I have a nifty blue line!

47. Re: Diablo III Beta Key Giveaway Nov 17, 2011, 00:19 Tanto Edge

Gotta verify that account. Want to use the FB page to some effect? Gotta verify a phone number.

Beamer wrote on Nov 16, 2011, 13:45:
QFT!
Sing it brotha!
Oh Caaannnaaadaaaa!

Requiring Facebook is mental! Only in America.

Again, I fail to see how you took what I said as "requiring." No one requires anything. But it's something easy to help distinguish yourselves.

Again, like I'm amazed at how people fail to understand how recruiting works, I'm also amazed at how people fail to understand how your fellow man works. Do you know what people went to high school with you do? They punch you into Facebook to see what you're up to. When you don't show up they assume you're either dead or an antisocial reject. You may not care what they think, but again, you never know when someone you once knew may be able to help you out. Having a simple blank page with a picture, your college and the fact that you like Archer and Breaking Bad will take you 5 minutes and make you seem accessible.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=705LEH3j2g0&t=0m24s
http://www.youtube.com/user/tantoedge

46. Re: Diablo III Beta Key Giveaway Nov 16, 2011, 22:19 Prez

I'd like to shift this discussion to Blizzard's changing Diablo 3 into a MMO game. So yeah, that sucks balls and I ain't buying it.  

“The greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be judged by the way its animals are treated.”
- Mahatma Gandhi

45. Re: Diablo III Beta Key Giveaway Nov 16, 2011, 21:20 Teddy

Beamer wrote on Nov 16, 2011, 16:09:
Teddy wrote on Nov 16, 2011, 15:53:
For one, having a Facebook account is normal now. It's a sign of a decently adjusted social person. Not having one sends off alarms of Unabomber.

What a load of complete and utter bullshit that is. If you don't have a facebook account, then you're a potential terrorist? Are you fucking serious?

Touting it's benefit as a networking tool is one thing. Suggesting that anyone who doesn't use it is in some way mentally ill just makes you a complete fucking retard.

And yet people do this all the time.
Meet a girl in a bar? Before she calls you back she's going to google you. If she finds no presence she'll probably think you're somewhat nuts. If she finds a facebook page and a linkedin site she's more likely to think you're normal.

These days it's expected that you can be found. If you can't, people wonder.

Please stop pushing YOUR beliefs as though they are 'the norm'. No one gave you the right to speak for everyone else, nor is anything you say based on fact, but rather conjecture based on your own opinions that you're trying to project onto everyone else.

44. Re: Diablo III Beta Key Giveaway Nov 16, 2011, 18:47 Creston

Beamer wrote on Nov 16, 2011, 13:06:
and, these days, potential employers consider it a bad thing.

Haha... hahahahahahaha.

Yeah, employers consider it a BAD thing if you're not on Facebook. After all, NOTHING BUT GOOD THINGS HAPPEN TO A CORPORATION'S EMPLOYEES ON FACEBOOK! Ooookay, Beamer.

Rolleyes

Creston

43. Re: Diablo III Beta Key Giveaway Nov 16, 2011, 18:14 Icewind

Diablo 3? You mean the Facebook kiddie casual console-ized game?

LOL

no.

42. Re: Diablo III Beta Key Giveaway Nov 16, 2011, 18:09 DNForever

You mean like found somewhere physically? Because I know you don't mean on the fuckin internet. If you really believe this, give us your first and last name so we can google you, otherwise we'll wonder about you Beamer.

41. Re: Diablo III Beta Key Giveaway Nov 16, 2011, 17:11 Cutter

Mashiki Amiketo wrote on Nov 16, 2011, 13:27:
Why?

But even then, perhaps the profile is just hard to find, so not a huge deal. ...
Which candidate do you think the recruiter will be acting on?
Obviously this is the difference between Canada and the US. In Canada, requiring something like that is a violation of the employment and hiring act. Plus in Canada, despite being prolific at having FB accounts, privacy of the individual still reigns supreme, because it's protected in codified law.

To plenty of people, having a FB account means that it's a cry for attention, because you don't get enough of it.

And whilst it's super that we have those laws, they don't really mean anything because the government doesn't enforce them anyway. I can't count the interviews over the years in the resto biz where I've been flat out told 'We're not hiring any males.' If the governement were to require a business census of this industry you'd see its overwhelmingly sexist and agist, and probably so are other industries as well. And that's not even touching the nepotism in the civil and public service that exists. And any labour lawyer worth his salt will tell you it's a complete waste of time and money trying to do anything about it. So what good are the laws in that case?

"The South will boogie again!" - Disco Stu

40. Re: Diablo III Beta Key Giveaway Nov 16, 2011, 17:08 Dades

Meet a girl in a bar? Before she calls you back she's going to google you. If she finds no presence she'll probably think you're somewhat nuts. If she finds a facebook page and a linkedin site she's more likely to think you're normal.

It's great that we've got you here to speak for all of humanity, thanks for telling the rest of us how things work in the world.

39. Re: Diablo III Beta Key Giveaway Nov 16, 2011, 16:44 Beamer

Krovven wrote on Nov 16, 2011, 16:09:

That is quite possibly the most ridiculously stupid and ignorant thing you or anyone else on these forums.

Why don't you just throw in there 'everyone that wears a turban or isn't white is a terrorist' for good measure?

It may be stupid, but it's how people react these days.
People also think those with neck tattoos are bad employees. Is that true? Not the people I know. Does it make it stupid that they got neck tattoos and now have trouble finding jobs? Yes, yes it does.

Here's a tip: if you're in any position where you want to be liked, be it by a potential employer or potential date, you should probably adapt to large, sweeping norms that take no effort and sacrifice nothing. You can post here about how you're smarter than everyone because you don't have a facebook, but few agree with you. It makes you weird. Not quirky, eccentric, or individual, just reclusive and weird. And when you start explaining why you don't have a page you come across as annoying.

Just be like Verno. Get a page. Check it once a month. See what cousins you never talk to are up to. If anything it saves you catch-up time rather than takes up time.

-------------
Music for the discerning:
http://www.deathwishinc.com
http://www.hydrahead.com
http://www.painkillerrecords.com

38. Re: Diablo III Beta Key Giveaway Nov 16, 2011, 16:42 Slashman

I stated using FB a while back when the Sanctum design team was posting updates and stuff there before the game came out.

Some of my friends started messaging me on it and after a while I just stopped again(thankfully).

Its insane when you realize that so many people sit around and broadcast their lives as if its the most natural thing in the world.

FB breeds and nurtures dumb...there's no other way to put it.

37. Re: Diablo III Beta Key Giveaway Nov 16, 2011, 16:20 PHJF

Meet a girl in a bar?

And there's your first problem.

Steam + PSN: PHJF

36. Re: Diablo III Beta Key Giveaway Nov 16, 2011, 16:15 Krovven

Meet a girl in a bar? Before she calls you back she's going to google you.

Personally I think everyone that feels to need to Facebook stalk someone rather than just get to know them as human beings, are the weird and maladjusted ones.

Inside of 5 years people don't know how to get to know other human beings. Instead they judge them by what is on social media and shop for their friends and lovers like it's Sears catalog. That's fucked up. People that think this is "ok" are the ones that have the mental problems, not the other way around.

35. Re: Diablo III Beta Key Giveaway Nov 16, 2011, 16:09 Krovven

34. Re: Diablo III Beta Key Giveaway Nov 16, 2011, 16:09 Beamer

Teddy wrote on Nov 16, 2011, 15:53:

What a load of complete and utter bullshit that is. If you don't have a facebook account, then you're a potential terrorist? Are you fucking serious?

Touting it's benefit as a networking tool is one thing. Suggesting that anyone who doesn't use it is in some way mentally ill just makes you a complete fucking retard.

-------------

33. Re: Diablo III Beta Key Giveaway Nov 16, 2011, 16:07 Beamer

PHJF wrote on Nov 16, 2011, 14:26:
Or you could just fucking interview like an employer who isn't a fucking tool.

"This person has a GREAT FACEBOOK PAGE they would make AN EXCELLENT ADDITION TO OUR TEAM."

I wouldn't have a problem with Facebook in principle aside from the fact that I just don't give a fuck about "social networking", but Facebook is a corporate tool for douchebag advertisers now. "Find us on Facebook!" Kiss my fucking ass.

Yeah, these are steps BEFORE the interview. Interviews require someone's time. They often require flying someone out. They're not free. I agree that Facebook is a corporate tool for douchebag advertisers - I have friends that are marketers on toilet paper brands and can't fathom why they have Facebook fans, nor can I fathom why they're spending millions on high tech websites for toilet paper.

But it's fairly easy to get value out of the free product without liking stupid CPG brands.

-------------

52 Replies. 3 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo