Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Planet Calypso Adds Citizenship System

The Planet Calypso Website has details on how MindArk is introducing a new citizenship system to this online world based on a real cash economy. This will offer revenue-sharing and will tie in with an upcoming political system that will allow users to influence the future development of the virtual planet. Their projection for this is as dramatic as reports of their six-figure Entropia Universe real estate transactions: "Based on Planet Calypso’s performance over the last twelve months, the potential ROI (Return of Investment) of such shares is expected to be between 27% - 30% per year." Whether users who participate will actually make that much is not certain, but how much MindArk will rake in if this takes off is clearer: They say they are offering 60,000 lots at $100.00 USD each, which would add up to a $6,000,000 take if all are sold.

View
8 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

8. removed Nov 17, 2011, 05:42 chen rachel

* REMOVED *
This comment was deleted on Nov 17, 2011, 06:49.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

7. Re: Planet Calypso Adds Citizenship System Nov 17, 2011, 01:27 Dev

Xoxotl wrote on Nov 16, 2011, 21:36:
And with virtual citizenship comes virtual taxation.

"Yes, we absolutely need to take 25% of your income to provide subsidies to the space-corn farmers."
That's already in there. The info says the planetary income is 50% split to people profit sharing, and 50% to the devs.

6. Re: Planet Calypso Adds Citizenship System Nov 16, 2011, 21:36 Xoxotl

And with virtual citizenship comes virtual taxation.

"Yes, we absolutely need to take 25% of your income to provide subsidies to the space-corn farmers."

Don't start anything you can't finish. Preferably to component atoms.

5. Re: Planet Calypso Adds Citizenship System Nov 16, 2011, 18:53 CommunistHamster

Surely to be profitable for the user, there must be a possiblity of fun by actual players. Where do the players fit in this game?  

4. Re: Planet Calypso Adds Citizenship System Nov 16, 2011, 18:47 Dev

Text for your Link
Q. How will building houses or other structures on Land Lots function?
A. In order to to build a structure on claimed land, participants will need to hold a minimum of nine (9) Land Lot Deeds, and claim plots in a 3x3 (or larger) format, suitable for the construction of a structure.

Don't buy one expecting you can build and do stuff for $100.

3. Re: Planet Calypso Adds Citizenship System Nov 16, 2011, 14:07 WyldKat

Ladies and gents, I present to you the biggest pyramid scheme in gaming.

I almost joined when I found out the CryEngine 2 let them add in ground and air vehicles, as well as space vehicles you could run around in while they were in flight, something I LOVED in Star Wars Galaxies: Jump to Lightspeed that I haven't seen anywhere else. Then I found out it's nearly $200,000 USD for one of those space ships... O.o

They are of course invulnerable to PVP pirates and provide MANY monetary benefits for the owners.

I still don't understand how no one has cracked down on these guys.

2. Re: Planet Calypso Adds Citizenship System Nov 16, 2011, 11:42 Ozmodan

This game is pure gambling and nothing else. Like gambling, there are only a few winners and many many losers.  

1. Re: Planet Calypso Adds Citizenship System Nov 16, 2011, 11:30 CommunistHamster

No thankyou. I'll invest in something sustainable and based in reality.  

8 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo