Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Morning Consolidation

View
15 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

15. Re: Morning Consolidation Nov 16, 2011, 22:40 zirik

avianflu wrote on Nov 16, 2011, 11:32:
I would happily play the the re-do of the first Halo for 20 bucks. 40 bucks is too much though. I suspect most folks are thinking the same....

for 40 bucks i expected them to at least update the movement animations but it seems more like a model/texture upgrade pack with some new lighting effects. better animation would put more value to the anniversary edition than having the ability to switch graphic style during game play.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

14. Re: Morning Consolidation Nov 16, 2011, 19:40 Cram

PHJF wrote on Nov 16, 2011, 19:01:
it's not like any of the Zelda games have ever been all that hard.

You've obviously never played Adventure of Link.

and doing a challenge run without leveling health or magic

13. Re: Morning Consolidation Nov 16, 2011, 19:01 PHJF

it's not like any of the Zelda games have ever been all that hard.

You've obviously never played Adventure of Link.

Steam + PSN: PHJF

12. Re: Morning Consolidation Nov 16, 2011, 17:28 xXBatmanXx

Kythlyn wrote on Nov 16, 2011, 11:04:
I'm going to practice glaring and shaking my fist angrily for when Zelda takes GOTY over Skyrim.

In all honesty - anything after the NES Zelda titles haven't done anything for me. Maybe because I was able to play the hell out of the original gold cart, everything else just seems kind of "meh". The allure and mystery of games just isn't the same. That summer with Zelda was probably the best in memory. That isn't something that can be recreated.

In this present crisis, government is not the solution to our problem; government is the problem. / Few men have virtue enough to withstand the highest bidder.
Playing: New dad

11. Re: Morning Consolidation Nov 16, 2011, 16:15 PropheT

Halo wrote on Nov 16, 2011, 14:29:
I was going to say the same thing since I like and adventure with a degree of difficulty. Then I read the "Zelda 'can be played by five-year-olds'." article. Nevermind...

My son was playing Ocarina of Time before he was 5 and doing fine... it's not like any of the Zelda games have ever been all that hard.

10. Re: Morning Consolidation Nov 16, 2011, 15:47 Cram

I don't know about everyone else, but I used to be substantially better at video games when I was 5-10years old than I am today. The entire Ninja Gaiden NES series, Super Mario 1 & 3 etc. I could run through Ninja Gaiden 1 on just a couple lives back then, no continues. For some reason I have trouble beating the first level now without dying 20 years later.

A game accessible to a five year old, yet easily enjoyable and challenging to adults is indeed a great piece of design. For me, I am 99% sure I would have found this game easier as a five year old than I will as an adult.

9. Re: Morning Consolidation Nov 16, 2011, 15:37 Warskull

Making a game that can be played by five year olds, but is still entertaining to an adult is a great piece of design. Think of a Pixar movie vs Dreamworks releasing another Shrek sequel.  

8. Re: Morning Consolidation Nov 16, 2011, 14:40 Tigger

Call of Duty- Modern Warfare 3 Xbox disc read errors.

I wonder if this problem will hit me...I have 4 Xbox 360s (its a long story), so it should be easy to find at least one that can read it!

--
Tigger
Vic Fontaine for President

7. Re: Morning Consolidation Nov 16, 2011, 14:29 Halo

mag wrote on Nov 16, 2011, 14:16:
I'm going to practice glaring and shaking my fist angrily for when Zelda takes GOTY over Skyrim.

I'm far more interested in playing Zelda than in playing Skyrim...

I was going to say the same thing since I like and adventure with a degree of difficulty. Then I read the "Zelda 'can be played by five-year-olds'." article. Nevermind...

6. Re: Morning Consolidation Nov 16, 2011, 14:16 mag

I'm far more interested in playing Zelda than in playing Skyrim...

5. Re: Morning Consolidation Nov 16, 2011, 13:53 Cutter

avianflu wrote on Nov 16, 2011, 11:30:
Is there anyone left at Starbreeze who actually worked on the first Riddick game?

All I realy want to see is the Underverse and what it's really like. Is that too much to ask?

"The South will boogie again!" - Disco Stu

4. Re: Morning Consolidation Nov 16, 2011, 11:42 Creston

I doubt it will.

Creston

3. Re: Morning Consolidation Nov 16, 2011, 11:32 avianflu

I would happily play the the re-do of the first Halo for 20 bucks. 40 bucks is too much though. I suspect most folks are thinking the same....  

2. Re: Morning Consolidation Nov 16, 2011, 11:30 avianflu

Is there anyone left at Starbreeze who actually worked on the first Riddick game?

1. Re: Morning Consolidation Nov 16, 2011, 11:04 Kythlyn

15 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo