Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Ships Ahoy - Saints Row: The Third

THQ and Volition announce the release of Saints Row: The Third for Windows PC, Xbox 360, and PlayStation 3, offering the new installment in this over-the-top, open-world action series:

Saints Row®: The Third™ gives you control of the Saints at the height of their power, and you live the life to show for it. Now Steelport is ripe for the taking, and it’s up to you to make the city your own. Mold the skyline based on your choices, outfit your crew in classy gangster gear or furry costumes, and make life-or-death decisions that will change Steelport, and the Saints, forever. This is now your city. These are now your rules. Strap it on.

“There’s no way to describe Saints Row: The Third other than pure, over-the-top fun,” said Danny Bilson, Executive Vice President, Core Games, THQ. “In a sea of games that are doing the same thing over again, it’s incredibly refreshing to take Saints Row in a completely new direction, and incredibly satisfying to see the reaction from fans so far. Today, we all embrace the crazy.”

View
34 Replies. 2 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 ] Older >

34. Re: Ships Ahoy - Saints Row: The Third Nov 17, 2011, 01:56 xXBatmanXx

Just played 5+ hours straight with CptRanger, was a blast. Can play the whole game co-op. You can be in different parts of the city and doing your own thing, buying stuff, etc., then when you start a mission it brings both players together.

I jumped in the "Whored Mode" for a few minutes. Looks to be a ton of fun with friends.

Buy from GreenManGaming? Use this, we both get $2.00 - http://www.greenmangaming.com/?gmgr=purutuwi
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

33. Re: Ships Ahoy - Saints Row: The Third Nov 16, 2011, 14:23 xXBatmanXx

nin wrote on Nov 16, 2011, 13:54:

Has anyone messed around with the film recording option? I need to try that tonight.

No yet, just assumed it would hurt performance.

Anyone do the Whore Mode yet?

Buy from GreenManGaming? Use this, we both get $2.00 - http://www.greenmangaming.com/?gmgr=purutuwi

32. Re: Ships Ahoy - Saints Row: The Third Nov 16, 2011, 13:54 nin

Has anyone messed around with the film recording option? I need to try that tonight.

http://store.nin.com/index.php?cPath=10

31. Re: Ships Ahoy - Saints Row: The Third Nov 16, 2011, 13:14 Ecthelion

xXBatmanXx wrote on Nov 16, 2011, 00:08:
nin wrote on Nov 15, 2011, 19:48:

Holy fucking shit. Just did the first two missions and laughed my ass off.

And bonus points for starting with the theme from 2001: A Space Odyssey.

Looks and plays great, so far. Could be sleeper hit of the year.

+1 Having the time of my life.
+1 on all points. I made it to the third mission last night (I only played for 45 minutes or so), and I'm having a blast so far.

I loved the second one, but when I tried to play it again recently I didn't have the patience to deal with the performance issues. This one plays a lot better, and appears to be even zanier (if that's possible).

It's ironic that the game is having performance issues for some ATI users, since it has an ATI logo at the beginning of the game. It runs fine on my system with all the settings cranked up, but I have an Nvidia card.

SR2 and SR3 may not be the best games in their genre, but I don't think I've ever played any other games that have made me smile so much. Too many games take themselves seriously - and there's a place for that - so it's nice to have a series that does the complete opposite.

30. Re: Ships Ahoy - Saints Row: The Third Nov 16, 2011, 07:50 nin

Agrajag wrote on Nov 16, 2011, 06:37:
Phaint wrote on Nov 15, 2011, 13:58:
hmm, never played any of the Saints Row games as they just looked like GTA clones. I might check this game out since the feedback has been generally positive.

I wasn't impressed at all with either of the previous SR games... There were a few fun bits in SR2, but all in all, I just didn't enjoy playing it most of the time... So, I was firmly committed to NOT buying SR3... Until I kept hearing all these great things about it! So, now I'm breaking down and buying the damn thing... Ugh...

I was the same way. Never cared for the first two. But I played for about an hour and a half last night, and I'm pretty impressed, so far.

29. Re: Ships Ahoy - Saints Row: The Third Nov 16, 2011, 06:37 Agrajag

hmm, never played any of the Saints Row games as they just looked like GTA clones. I might check this game out since the feedback has been generally positive.

I wasn't impressed at all with either of the previous SR games... There were a few fun bits in SR2, but all in all, I just didn't enjoy playing it most of the time... So, I was firmly committed to NOT buying SR3... Until I kept hearing all these great things about it! So, now I'm breaking down and buying the damn thing... Ugh...

28. Re: Ships Ahoy - Saints Row: The Third Nov 16, 2011, 01:33 raVen

Still running great, I haven't updated to the latest AMD drivers, and I don't think I will for a while. (I wasn't _that_ tired :))  

27. Re: Ships Ahoy - Saints Row: The Third Nov 16, 2011, 00:08 xXBatmanXx

nin wrote on Nov 15, 2011, 19:48:

+1 Having the time of my life.

26. Re: Ships Ahoy - Saints Row: The Third Nov 15, 2011, 19:48 nin

25. Re: Ships Ahoy - Saints Row: The Third Nov 15, 2011, 19:37 raVen

Bumpy wrote on Nov 15, 2011, 18:47:
Runs great if you have anything but ATI.
I have a Radeon 6870 and I haven't had any problems. I'm using the 11.10 driver (I put the preview 3 OpenGL driver in my rage directory)
I cranked everything up. DX11 mode, x64 win7. It was late last night when I was playing so I'll check closer tonight when I get home.

24. Re: Ships Ahoy - Saints Row: The Third Nov 15, 2011, 19:05 xXBatmanXx

After almost 5 hours of gameplay: (no spoilers listed)

Having a blast. Haven't even touched the main story, as it is fairly easy, and having more fun doing side missions. Is it just me, or is the city setup like GTA4? hahahaha Even the airport is in the NE portion of the map. The land chunks look familiar and some of the areas even look pretty close to each other. Although, the sheer size of GTA 4 is probably 3x that of SR3.

You can rebind anything you want, but other than the default setup, if you try and double up on a key, it won't work...not sure why that is. Who cars what my key bind is on foot when I am in a helicopter? I hate when they screw stuff like that up....oh well.

Having a blast. I really like the brute's that each faction have and send after you, kind of like mini bosses when you piss them off. I think each faction is done very well and the baddies are a lot harder to kill (sans the level 1 guys). I find myself running away and then taking a different approach. I do like my rockets fired from the UAV though! hahahahah

Oh, and the murder reality show is hilarious!

23. Re: Ships Ahoy - Saints Row: The Third Nov 15, 2011, 18:47 Bumpy

Runs great if you have anything but ATI.

Volition:
Quick update.

First, thank you to everyone for providing your specs. Please remember to give us your Windows version along with 32/64 bit, since that's just as important.

Our PC team is in discussions with the team at ATI/AMD to look into the specific issues all of you are reporting. We do not have an ETA at this point with regard to a specific fix, but please note we are continuing to look into it. Thank you, and I'll post again when I have an update.

FOV is closer in this one than SR2, really don't like that at all. I play on a PC close up for pete's sake.

22. Re: Ships Ahoy - Saints Row: The Third Nov 15, 2011, 18:19 Dades

Fantastic...

We lambasted EA for this like eight years ago.

Creston

Someone asked that during a video QA session with Volition, all of the cheats are obtainable ingame so its really just for people who don't want to bother earning them. I don't own the game so I can't verify it myself, still thinking about picking it up.

21. Re: Ships Ahoy - Saints Row: The Third Nov 15, 2011, 17:48 Creston

Fantastic...

We lambasted EA for this like eight years ago.

Creston

20. Re: Ships Ahoy - Saints Row: The Third Nov 15, 2011, 16:26 Halo

Cutter wrote on Nov 15, 2011, 14:18:

It's like GTA on acid. It's just totally over-the-top, isanely fun pandemonium.

What's funny to me is that it kind of has the GTA2 look to it. But yeah it does not take it'self serious. at all.

19. Re: Ships Ahoy - Saints Row: The Third Nov 15, 2011, 15:47 necrosis

Sphinx wrote on Nov 15, 2011, 13:39:
A gentle reminder that Saints Row: The Third follows Saints Row 2. I only mention this as an excuse to re-post probably the finest video game review ever.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EsiNsdqSits
I&#65279; like the part where the guy kicks that guy in the balls.

18. Re: Ships Ahoy - Saints Row: The Third Nov 15, 2011, 15:42 Kosumo

Sphinx wrote on Nov 15, 2011, 13:39:
A gentle reminder that Saints Row: The Third follows Saints Row 2. I only mention this as an excuse to re-post probably the finest video game review ever.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EsiNsdqSits

That just about kicks ass!

17. Re: Ships Ahoy - Saints Row: The Third Nov 15, 2011, 14:18 Cutter

It's like GTA on acid. It's just totally over-the-top, isanely fun pandemonium.

"Bye weeks? Bronko Nagurski didn't get no bye weeks, and now he's dead… Well, maybe they're a good thing." - Moe

16. Re: Ships Ahoy - Saints Row: The Third Nov 15, 2011, 14:00 xXBatmanXx

Aero wrote on Nov 15, 2011, 12:57:
Looking forward to trying this one. In the end, I don't think I really cared for SR2 because of flaky performance/stability, but they definitely "get" what made the early Grand Theft Auto games fun, but Rockstar forgot when they started taking it too seriously.

That said, I've got an awful lot of games to play right now, so it'll probably be a while before I buy it, and probably not until it's in the sub-$30 category.

Should be soon, their games don't stay high very long, and it is only 40 at amazon digital download. I think you can probably still get it for around 34 at GMG with a code. They are pretty smart, as I think the game's highest price point is their own website for 49.99 but with the season pass thrown in.

15. Re: Ships Ahoy - Saints Row: The Third Nov 15, 2011, 13:59 xXBatmanXx

Verno wrote on Nov 15, 2011, 12:59:
Apparently THQ has fucked up distributing the preorder codes for many people, the steam forums are filled with people who bought it at various places who have no codes. So if you have no codes, that's why, bug your retailer. I bought it via GMG and they claim to be looking into it. What's especially amusing is that there are people who bought it directly from THQ and have no codes. Of course their $20 season pass DLC is ready to go though!

Got my code from Amazon on the 11th. I notice the DLC is weak and the pass is 20.00. F that.

34 Replies. 2 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo