Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

The Difficult 2nd Bundle Expands

Two new bonus games are now part of IndieRoyale's The Difficult 2nd Bundle. Irukandji and Bullet Candy Perfect for Windows, OS X, and Linux join NightSky, Scoregasm, Ben There, Dan That!, and Time Gentlemen, Please! Here's a reminder of how the price paid for the bundle is determined: The price of the package rises as more customers buy it at the minimum price, and goes down as customers pay more than the current price. The current minimum price is $3.76.

View
6 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

6. Re: The Difficult 2nd Bundle Expands Nov 14, 2011, 07:17 Shadowcat

Their first bundle included a Steam-only game.  
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

5. Re: The Difficult 2nd Bundle Expands Nov 14, 2011, 00:11 killer_roach

MoreLuckThanSkill wrote on Nov 13, 2011, 19:23:
Yeah their FAQ was pretty general, they warn that some games MAY require Steam/Desura at some point in one of the bundles, basically.

Looking at the future bundles, I'm thinking that, in particular, the Alpha Fund Bundle will likely require Desura.

4. Re: The Difficult 2nd Bundle Expands Nov 13, 2011, 19:23 MoreLuckThanSkill

Yeah their FAQ was pretty general, they warn that some games MAY require Steam/Desura at some point in one of the bundles, basically.

All the games in this current bundle (#2) can be played without Steam/Desura, as far as I can tell so far.

I think I'll keep an eye on their future bundles from now on, they seem eager to compete with Humble, price wise.

3. Re: The Difficult 2nd Bundle Expands Nov 13, 2011, 19:04 Jerykk

Pretty sure none of the games require Steam or Desura. They just offer keys for those respective platforms should you want them.  

2. Re: The Difficult 2nd Bundle Expands Nov 13, 2011, 19:00 Domgrief

MoreLuckThanSkill wrote on Nov 13, 2011, 18:23:
some of their games use Steam or Desura?

IndieRoyale is run by the team that runs Desura (and ModDB), so it's no surprise to see their games show up there.

That said, it looks like every game in this release is also bundled with an installer in EXE, ZIP, or MSI format that's not tied to any particular platform.

P.S. If you haven't tried Desura, it might be worth giving it a shot. The focus on mods and indie games is a nice differentiator from Steam, and the Alphafund concept is pretty good too.

1. Re: The Difficult 2nd Bundle Expands Nov 13, 2011, 18:23 MoreLuckThanSkill

What the... The Humble Bundle has COMPETITION!

Most of these games look good, I think I'll buy this after some DRM research. I never heard of the first bundle in this series.

*EDIT* Not quite as good on the DRM front as HumbleBundle, some of their games use Steam or Desura? Oh well, still buying for Night Sky.

This comment was edited on Nov 13, 2011, 18:32.

6 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo