Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

More on WoW Changes

Explanation of 4.3 Balance Changes, Part Two has more on what to expect from the next patch for World of Warcraft (if you missed it, here's part one). This article goes into class and buff changes in Blizzard's MMORPG, offering this overview of their approach to balance tweaking: "In particular, we try to be really conservative when buffing spec B of a class upwards to compete with spec A of the same class. We have gotten it wrong before, and forced a large number of players to swap specs. Ideally we want you to play the spec you enjoy the most and not the one that does the highest DPS, but asking you to continually swap specs to achieve that highest DPS is an unreasonable thing for us to ask."

View
9. Re: More on WoW Changes Nov 14, 2011, 07:34 GayBlade

Fion wrote on Nov 13, 2011, 13:10:
Their inability to balance their game 'years' after release, and their crazy fondness for the nerf stick is largely why I left WoW. I got sick and tired of them completely reworking my fav class (the druid) every six months!

I could not agree more. I quit WoW for the exact same reasons. After the EQ1 druid, the WoW druid was my favorite class. Such a shame Blizzard won't leave well enough alone for more than a few months at a time.

Ah well, I have Skyrim now

Previous Post Next Post Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

Date Subject Author
  1. Nov 12, 14:40 Re: More on WoW Changes Mashiki Amiketo
  2. Nov 12, 15:43 Re: More on WoW Changes Wallshadows
  3. Nov 12, 20:32 Re: More on WoW Changes AnointedSword
  4. Nov 13, 04:46 Re: More on WoW Changes Sempai
  5. Nov 13, 08:40 Re: More on WoW Changes Wallshadows
  6. Nov 13, 09:04  Re: More on WoW Changes Muscular Beaver
  7. Nov 13, 12:41   Re: More on WoW Changes Beelzebud
  8. Nov 13, 13:10    Re: More on WoW Changes Fion
>> 9. Nov 14, 07:34     Re: More on WoW Changes GayBlade