Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Greenbelt, MD 08/22

Regularly scheduled events

1M Try F2P DC Universe Online

After previously announcing 120,000 new PC players joined DC Universe Online in under 48 hours after the beginning of the free-to-play era in the superhero MMORPG, SOE announces more than one million new players have checked out the game in the first week since the switch:

"DC Universe Online's transition to free-to-play has been welcomed by the community and gamers with heroic enthusiasm. In just one week alone, 1 million new players have joined DCUO with a 50/50 split between PC and PS3," said Lorin Jameson, Executive Director of Development, SOE Austin. "DCUO now joins the ranks of SOE's other successful free-to-play titles, including Free Realms and Star Wars: Clone Wars Adventures."

Jameson added, "Our business model philosophy of Free to Play Your Way makes DCUO accessible to every type of player so they can choose to play the game in a way that suits them best. We have a lot of exciting things coming up for players to enjoy in the game and are thrilled at the initial enthusiasm for the game's free-to-play transition."

View
6 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

6. Re: 1M Try F2P DC Universe Online Nov 11, 2011, 22:50 necrosis

Ozmodan wrote on Nov 11, 2011, 17:43:
Can't believe so many people did that huge download. I started it until I realized how big it was and then canceled.
Not everyone is on dial-up like yourself.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

5. Re: 1M Try F2P DC Universe Online Nov 11, 2011, 18:00 Umbragen

Shineyguy wrote on Nov 11, 2011, 15:44:
Anyone having issues with changing their Station pass password? I try to log into DCUO's main page, get in through there and it tells me I must change my password. Get passed off to Station.Sony.com and I have to input a DIFFERENT name/password (likely one I set up much earlier with SW Galaxies and such). Except anything I try doesn't work there.

Funny thing is, I pre-ordered DCUO when it came out and played the first month. Everything was hunky-dory earlier this year with my account.

My only re-course is to call Sony; which I haven't done yet because I have been busy working, and playing BF3, and Rage, and The Witcher 2, and Deus Ex, and holy hell there's too many damn games out. I need to start playing Skyrim too!

Sony got hacked. You likely will have to call to get access to your account. I'm in the same situation, I just haven't been that interested in anything Sony has to offer right now, at least not enough to actually call them.

4. Re: 1M Try F2P DC Universe Online Nov 11, 2011, 17:43 Ozmodan

Can't believe so many people did that huge download. I started it until I realized how big it was and then canceled.  

3. Re: 1M Try F2P DC Universe Online Nov 11, 2011, 16:54 Wallshadows

I'll be more impressed with how many of those users they actually retain after a while or if it completely bombs after the first month.  

2. Re: 1M Try F2P DC Universe Online Nov 11, 2011, 15:44 Shineyguy

Anyone having issues with changing their Station pass password? I try to log into DCUO's main page, get in through there and it tells me I must change my password. Get passed off to Station.Sony.com and I have to input a DIFFERENT name/password (likely one I set up much earlier with SW Galaxies and such). Except anything I try doesn't work there.

Funny thing is, I pre-ordered DCUO when it came out and played the first month. Everything was hunky-dory earlier this year with my account.

My only re-course is to call Sony; which I haven't done yet because I have been busy working, and playing BF3, and Rage, and The Witcher 2, and Deus Ex, and holy hell there's too many damn games out. I need to start playing Skyrim too!

1. Re: 1M Try F2P DC Universe Online Nov 11, 2011, 10:56 kanniballl

Im not surprised, logging on was a P-I-T-A the other day... really long queue times.

Still not a great game, but I might try playing some more again now that there's actually a population on again.

"Space. It seems to go on and on forever. But then you get to the end and a gorilla starts throwing barrels at you."
-Fry, Futurama

6 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo