Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Morning Consolidation

View
8 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

8. Re: Morning Consolidation Nov 11, 2011, 19:53 The Half Elf

What PropheT said...

But if you really want the best console racing out there, rent a copy of Forza 2 3 or 4 and find a friend who will let ya play it for a few hours.

Every time I've had a chance to play the GT series I cringe. I want to like it, I want it to be everything Sony says it is/will be, but it's just not gonna happen.

"I've never seen a feature like this before. It warms your ass. It's wonderful" -Walter Bishop
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

7. Re: Morning Consolidation Nov 11, 2011, 19:05 PropheT

Yosemite Sam wrote on Nov 11, 2011, 18:52:
Well I'll have to pop it into my PS3... oh wait. Seeing as we are talking about the PS3 here, as you cannot play GT5 any other way, I stand by my statement... if you want to talk fanboism lets talk about you posting and recommending a game that isnt even available on the PS3, now thats fanboism. As for any GT5 Vs Forza debate, I dont have a clue as I've never played Forza.

Nobody was talking about the PS3 or even mentioned it until your second post...hell, every post including yours mentioned other racers that aren't just on PS3 in comparison.

6. Re: Morning Consolidation Nov 11, 2011, 18:52 Yosemite Sam

The Half Elf wrote on Nov 11, 2011, 18:19:
Nobody does it better? I'm all for fanboi'ism but Forza 4 hands down destroys GT5.

Well I'll have to pop it into my PS3... oh wait. Seeing as we are talking about the PS3 here, as you cannot play GT5 any other way, I stand by my statement... if you want to talk fanboism lets talk about you posting and recommending a game that isnt even available on the PS3, now thats fanboism. As for any GT5 Vs Forza debate, I dont have a clue as I've never played Forza.

PSN id PR345, PST - D3, GTA5, Borderlands 2, Grid 2, GTA4, BoS, RDR, GT5, COD WaW, KZ2, RAGE, Dirt2, MC LA, Skate2, LBP, Dead Nation - Wanna jam? Hit me up on PSN, Mention Blues News.

CIV4 MOD http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?t=326525

5. Re: Morning Consolidation Nov 11, 2011, 18:19 The Half Elf

Nobody does it better? I'm all for fanboi'ism but Forza 4 hands down destroys GT5.  

"I've never seen a feature like this before. It warms your ass. It's wonderful" -Walter Bishop

4. Re: Morning Consolidation Nov 11, 2011, 16:03 Yosemite Sam

Tanto Edge wrote on Nov 11, 2011, 14:09:
Dear Polyphony,
I stopped caring after Dirt 2 shipped.
Fuck off.

Nascar sucks balls, grass and dirt aren't made of ice. Cars CAN travel on grass just fine at speeds below fourty km/h, especially when they have regular, non-racing tires (y'know, the 'bad' tires), and a hundred km/h should not feel like fifty km/h (seriously, wtf).

Streaming television shows about driving, into the game? Why? Because the driving in the game is so fucking depressing that I'll have to forget my sorrows watching The Stig? I'll be so frustrated by this retarded concept of 'realism' and 'simulation' that I'll just want the escapism from the.. game?

While I'm sure the staff at Polyphony (and some of the trolls around here) know best, some of us believe in LAN gaming, and there seems to be a complete fucking lack of it in GT. Strangely, I get a lot of time with friend on the Dirt series, Grid, and even lesser known titles.

In short, GT6 and all subsequent Gran Turismo games really need to focus on one thing. Instead of real to life, perfect to scale, satellite imaged, staff measured/documented, tracks; instead of extremely detailed interiors, with true to life modeling, trim effects and sound; instead of focusing on the aesthetic, how about focusing on what makes a game good.
Gameplay.
Fucking Game Play.
Hey Yamauchi, call Codemasters and get some.

So they should go ahead and copy whats already out there? If you like the other games better then play them FFS, some of us like something different. I got my Dirt 2 for offroading, got Midnight Club Los Angeles for my open world street racing and Burnout Paradise when I just want some arcade fun. GT5 is what it is and nobody does it better... and seriously WTF were you expecting, its exactly what it was supposed to be, and better.

PSN id PR345, PST - D3, GTA5, Borderlands 2, Grid 2, GTA4, BoS, RDR, GT5, COD WaW, KZ2, RAGE, Dirt2, MC LA, Skate2, LBP, Dead Nation - Wanna jam? Hit me up on PSN, Mention Blues News.

CIV4 MOD http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?t=326525

3. Re: Morning Consolidation Nov 11, 2011, 14:20 The Half Elf

Tanto I'd like to introduce you to the Forza series.  

2. Re: Morning Consolidation Nov 11, 2011, 14:09 Tanto Edge

Dear Polyphony,
I stopped caring after Dirt 2 shipped.
Fuck off.

Nascar sucks balls, grass and dirt aren't made of ice. Cars CAN travel on grass just fine at speeds below fourty km/h, especially when they have regular, non-racing tires (y'know, the 'bad' tires), and a hundred km/h should not feel like fifty km/h (seriously, wtf).

Streaming television shows about driving, into the game? Why? Because the driving in the game is so fucking depressing that I'll have to forget my sorrows watching The Stig? I'll be so frustrated by this retarded concept of 'realism' and 'simulation' that I'll just want the escapism from the.. game?

While I'm sure the staff at Polyphony (and some of the trolls around here) know best, some of us believe in LAN gaming, and there seems to be a complete fucking lack of it in GT. Strangely, I get a lot of time with friend on the Dirt series, Grid, and even lesser known titles.

In short, GT6 and all subsequent Gran Turismo games really need to focus on one thing. Instead of real to life, perfect to scale, satellite imaged, staff measured/documented, tracks; instead of extremely detailed interiors, with true to life modeling, trim effects and sound; instead of focusing on the aesthetic, how about focusing on what makes a game good.
Gameplay.
Fucking Game Play.
Hey Yamauchi, call Codemasters and get some.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=705LEH3j2g0&t=0m24s
http://www.youtube.com/user/tantoedge

1. Re: Morning Consolidation Nov 11, 2011, 13:17 raVen

Wow, I might actually consider getting an xbox live gold card when they go on sale again. I hated having to call Customer Support to cancel. (After doing it twice I resolved to not getting live again.)
Then again, I don't know of any games I wont be getting on PC...

8 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo