Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

LIMBO Sells 1M; Mac Version Coming

Independent developer Playdead announces the sales success of LIMBO, saying their puzzle-platforming adventure "has now sold over one million copies worldwide played by gamers in 153 countries in 9 languages across 3 platforms. This success has enabled Playdead to expand its independence by fully acquiring the company from early investors, laying the groundwork for the studio to begin developing and financing their next title." They also announce plans for an OS X edition:

Hot on the heels of this milestone, Playdead today also announced that a Mac version of LIMBO is in the works and will be released before the end of the year. For information about the game, including news of the upcoming Mac launch, visit the official website at: www.limbogame.org/.

View
3 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

3. Re: Agreed! Nov 11, 2011, 06:33 Prez

I wish it wasn't a 2D sidescroller - I was never really a big fan in the first place, and at this point I'm sick to death of them. It's a damn shame, too, because from watching the video it's easy to tell that there's some real artistic vision in place here. The aesthetics are astounding.  

Goodbye my Monte boy. May you rest in the peace you never knew in life.
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

2. Agreed! Nov 11, 2011, 06:03 Darth Guybrush

A very atmospheric game. Hope they do a Limbo 2 or something even better. Thanks to places like Steam (FU hackers) smaller devs can get the kudos and sales they deserve.  

1. Re: LIMBO Sells 1M; Mac Version Coming Nov 10, 2011, 21:05 Mordecai Walfish

Fantastic news! There is undeniable talent here... and that they now have full control of Playdead means (hopefully!) unrestrained creativity flowing into their future endeavors.  

3 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo