Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

No Always-on DRM in Assassin's Creed Revelations

Rock, Paper, Shotgun has word from Ubisoft that the Windows PC edition of Assassin's Creed Revelations will not suffer with Ubi's "always-on" DRM, which requires an ongoing connection to the internet to play. This is welcome news that hopefully signals a shift away from this widely despised scheme. In other Assassin's Creed Revelations news, below are the official launch trailer for the stealth/action sequel as well as a "Life in Constantinople" trailer, which "showcases Constantinople, the Crossroads of the World." As before, we've been instructed to hide these clips from delicate eyes.

View
32 Replies. 2 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 ] Older >

32. Re: No Always-on DRM in Assassin's Creed Revelations Nov 12, 2011, 06:26 The Opera Ghost

Islam rescued Constantinople and brought it into a golden age?

How absurd!

Here's what those "men of culture" wrought. Here's Islam's idea of "rescuing":
". . . the great church of Hagia Sophia was filled to capacity. Thousands of people were moving towards the church. Inside, Orthodox and Catholic priests were holding liturgy, the last Christian service after almost 1,000 years. People were singing hymns, others were openly crying, others were asking each other for forgiveness. . . . .

"Bands of Ottoman soldiers began now looting. Doors were broken, private homes were looted, their tenants were massacred. Shops in the city markets were looted. Monasteries and Convents were broken in. Their tenants were killed, nuns were raped; many, to avoid dishonor, killed themselves. Killing, raping, looting, burning, enslaving, went on and on . . . .

"The great doors of Hagia Sophia were forced open, and crowds of angry soldiers came in and fell upon the unfortunate worshippers. Pillaging and killing in the holy place went on for hours. Similar was the fate of worshippers in most churches in the city . . . .

"Thousands of civilians were enslaved, soldiers fought over young boys and young women . . . the invaders broke the heads of those women who resisted on the floor of the churches and they raped them dead. The famous icon of Apostole Loukas was totally destroyed.

"The sultan asked for the young sons of Duke Loukas Notaras. Their father refused and Mehmed was ready to take their heads. Notaras asked him to kill him after his sons so that he was sure that they were dead and not disgraced from the pervert sultan.

"And this is what happened."

Black Tuesday, The Last Day of the World, the twenty-ninth of May, anno Domini MCDLIII
And here's why:
"the Messenger of Allah . . . would say: 'Fight in the name of Allah and in the way of Allah. Fight against those who disbelieve in Allah. Make a holy war. . . . When you meet your enemies who are polytheists, invite them to three courses of action. . . . Invite them to (accept) Islam; if they respond to you, accept it from them and desist from fighting against them. . . . If they refuse to accept Islam, demand from them the Jizya. If they agree to pay, accept it from them and hold off your hands. If they refuse to pay the tax, seek Allah's help and fight them . . .'" (Muslim Book 19, Number 4294).

"fight and slay the Pagans wherever ye find them, and seize them, beleaguer them, and lie in wait for them in every stratagem (of war) . . . " (Qur’an 9:5).

"Fight those who believe not in Allah nor the Last Day, nor hold that forbidden which hath been forbidden by Allah and His Messenger, nor acknowledge the religion of Truth, (even if they are) of the People of the Book, until they pay the Jizya with willing submission, and feel themselves subdued" (Qur'an 9:29).

"The punishment of those who wage war against Allah and His Messenger, and strive with might and main for mischief through the land is: execution, or crucifixion, or the cutting off of hands and feet from opposite sides, or exile from the land: that is their disgrace in this world, and a heavy punishment is theirs in the Hereafter . . . " (Qur'an 5:33).
Ibn Kathir says of this verse: "'Wage war' mentioned here means, oppose and contradict, and it includes disbelief, blocking roads and spreading fear in the fairways. Mischief in the land refers to various types of evil." So, Muhammad requires execution, crucifixion, or cutting off hands and feet from opposite sides for "disbelief."
"Allah's Apostle said: 'I have been ordered (by Allah) to fight against the people until they testify that none has the right to be worshipped but Allah and that Muhammad is Allah's Apostle [. . .] if they perform that, then they save their lives and property from me . . . '" (Bukhari Volume 1, Book 2, Number 24).

"It is not for any prophet to have captives until he hath made slaughter in the land. Ye desire the lure of this world and Allah desireth (for you) the Hereafter, and Allah is Mighty, Wise" (Qur'an 8:67).

"Allah’s Apostle said, '. . . I have been made victorious with terror . . .'" (Bukhari Volume 4, Book 52, Number 220).
Pay to play Muslims butchering, raping, and enslaving Christians. How perverse.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

31. Re: No Always-on DRM in Assassin's Creed Revelations Nov 11, 2011, 16:24 saluk

Brotherhood was good. I have to say I am getting tired of Ezio though. Revelations may just be one game too many, but we'll see.

Hooray for drm, er, good drm? Um... I guess this is good news.

30. Re: No Always-on DRM in Assassin's Creed Revelations Nov 10, 2011, 17:32 MrGrosser

Pineapple Ferguson wrote on Nov 10, 2011, 16:48:
It's not just that, but he's just gotta go out of his way, every time, in every thread to just casually bring up "Oh yeah, have I mentioned I pirated Skyrim for the 360?" We get it. Take it somewhere else for the sake of fuck.

I'll stop now because I'm busy playing Assassin's Creed Revelations.

29. Re: No Always-on DRM in Assassin's Creed Revelations Nov 10, 2011, 17:13 raVen

Prez wrote on Nov 10, 2011, 17:07:
Brotherhood didn't have the always on DRM either. PC gamers were too busy complaining about it anyway to notice.

I noticed, and showed my appreciation by buying it at full price. I haven't gotten around to playing it yet; but I wanted to cast my vote for less DRM.
I might have to pick that up, and if it actually holds true for Revelations, I'll probably pick it up too. After Skyrim.

28. Re: No Always-on DRM in Assassin's Creed Revelations Nov 10, 2011, 17:07 Prez

Brotherhood didn't have the always on DRM either. PC gamers were too busy complaining about it anyway to notice.

I noticed, and showed my appreciation by buying it at full price. I haven't gotten around to playing it yet; but I wanted to cast my vote for less DRM.

“The greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be judged by the way its animals are treated.”
- Mahatma Gandhi

27. Re: No Always-on DRM in Assassin's Creed Revelations Nov 10, 2011, 17:01 Halo

Pineapple Ferguson wrote on Nov 10, 2011, 16:48:
raVen wrote on Nov 10, 2011, 16:24:
MrGrosser wrote on Nov 10, 2011, 14:16:
Skyrim has been "out" for XBox360 for almost a couple of weeks now. 60hrs in to it and I don't think I'm half way through it. Too many quests and side quests!!! I'll revisit after taking Ezio through his final chapter.

"Nothing is true, Everything is permitted."

Nice, come into a thread about DRM and go on about how you're 60 hours into an unreleased game. If you were press or something I could see not getting mad about it, but seriously you're a dick.

It's not just that, but he's just gotta go out of his way, every time, in every thread to just casually bring up "Oh yeah, have I mentioned I pirated Skyrim for the 360?" We get it. Take it somewhere else for the sake of fuck.

Who really cares? Just add him to the ignore list.

26. Re: No Always-on DRM in Assassin's Creed Revelations Nov 10, 2011, 16:59 raVen

MrGrosser wrote on Nov 10, 2011, 16:29:
Nice, come into a thread about DRM and go on about how you're 60 hours into an unreleased game. If you were press or something I could see not getting mad about it, but seriously you're a dick.

Thanks! Time to put up that Mission Accomplished banner again.
Mission accomplished on how you don't know that things of value should have some sort of compensation? (If you've played 60hrs you must have valued it or you wouldn't have played it that long.)

I hate entitlement, and people that think they deserve everything without doing anything. Why don't you put up your big sign that says "bail out my debt because I don't know how to be fiscally responsible!"
Or did I miss your 99% post somewhere?

25. Re: No Always-on DRM in Assassin's Creed Revelations Nov 10, 2011, 16:48 Pineapple Ferguson

Skyrim has been "out" for XBox360 for almost a couple of weeks now. 60hrs in to it and I don't think I'm half way through it. Too many quests and side quests!!! I'll revisit after taking Ezio through his final chapter.

24. Re: No Always-on DRM in Assassin's Creed Revelations Nov 10, 2011, 16:29 MrGrosser

Thanks! Time to put up that Mission Accomplished banner again.

23. Re: No Always-on DRM in Assassin's Creed Revelations Nov 10, 2011, 16:24 raVen

22. Re: No Always-on DRM in Assassin's Creed Revelations Nov 10, 2011, 16:06 MrGrosser

nin wrote on Nov 10, 2011, 15:55:
"Things will be different, baby! I won't even hit you this time!"

Abuse is never funny...
except for maybe this time... haha

21. Re: No Always-on DRM in Assassin's Creed Revelations Nov 10, 2011, 15:55 nin

Tumbler wrote on Nov 10, 2011, 15:45:
Uh hunh. No drm here. Buy it. Trust us!

"Things will be different, baby! I won't even hit you this time!"

http://store.nin.com/index.php?cPath=10

20. Re: No Always-on DRM in Assassin's Creed Revelations Nov 10, 2011, 15:45 Tumbler

Uh hunh. No drm here. Buy it. Trust us!

I'll give ubisoft credit if people buying the game next week say it has no online drm. Your word is not enough to go on.

99gamers.com-Game trading site, PC digital trading!
Kickstarter "Game Developer"!

19. Re: No Always-on DRM in Assassin's Creed Revelations Nov 10, 2011, 15:28 wtf_man

Driver San Francisco still has the "always On" crap, doesn't it?

That's the only game they put out lately that I had any interest in.

Oh Well.

18. Re: No Always-on DRM in Assassin's Creed Revelations Nov 10, 2011, 14:57 bhcompy

KilrathiAce wrote on Nov 10, 2011, 13:00:
Finally, first good move by UBI in last 5 years... now cocnentrate on game quality assurance and support. reestablishing Rainbow 6 as a tactical shooter

17. Re: No Always-on DRM in Assassin's Creed Revelations Nov 10, 2011, 14:16 MrGrosser

16. Re: No Always-on DRM in Assassin's Creed Revelations Nov 10, 2011, 14:08 Verno

spindoctor wrote on Nov 10, 2011, 14:04:

No one noticed because it came out long afterward actually. For the record many of us noticed on the forums here, Blue even wrote a story pointing it out.

Playing: Gauntlet, Dark Souls 2, Wasteland 2
Watching: Intruders, 24 Live Another Day, The Signal

15. Re: No Always-on DRM in Assassin's Creed Revelations Nov 10, 2011, 14:06 Pineapple Ferguson

Now if they ditch this for HOMM6 I just might buy it.  

14. Re: No Always-on DRM in Assassin's Creed Revelations Nov 10, 2011, 14:05 morose

Yeah, gotta agree with Verno. As someone who requested a refund for From Dust because I was so disgusted by the way Ubisoft handled that, I just can't believe anything from them anymore until someone else verifies it first.  

13. Re: No Always-on DRM in Assassin's Creed Revelations Nov 10, 2011, 14:04 spindoctor

Some of the most miserable and unhappy gamers on the planet are at Bluesnews

32 Replies. 2 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo