Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Morning Metaverse

View
9 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

9. Re: Morning Metaverse Nov 10, 2011, 21:41 Sepharo

Had a coworker tell me a few days ago that his buddy just quit Zynga because the environment was becoming hostile and the crunch time was unending.

So this article and the EA comparison seem to be right on.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

8. Re: Morning Metaverse Nov 10, 2011, 19:37 Creston

Zynga is the new EA.

Creston

7. Re: Morning Metaverse Nov 10, 2011, 17:39 killer_roach

zirik wrote on Nov 10, 2011, 17:30:
zynga management should have realized it in the beginning and given out stocks proportional to the employee contribution to the company. i agree that the company should be dragged to court and forced to honor their original offer. the google chef is a new term on an old phenomenon for successful companies. when home depot went public they created a lot of millionares. among them were secretaries/front lobby receptionists and one very lucky caricature artist who designed homer.

It's also apparently the reason Facebook isn't going public - Zuckerberg was worried that employee stock options, once the company hit an IPO, would cause much of the company's staff to retire as soon as their shares vested.

Honestly, with this power struggle, Zynga has (whether they admit it or not) created a situation where their likely course of action would be to get bought out and then have the employee shares diluted in the buyout. The question is this, though - who has the scratch to swallow up Zynga apart from Google, Microsoft, or Apple?

6. Re: Morning Metaverse Nov 10, 2011, 17:30 zirik

zynga management should have realized it in the beginning and given out stocks proportional to the employee contribution to the company. i agree that the company should be dragged to court and forced to honor their original offer. the google chef is a new term on an old phenomenon for successful companies. when home depot went public they created a lot of millionares. among them were secretaries/front lobby receptionists and one very lucky caricature artist who designed homer.  

5. Re: Morning Metaverse Nov 10, 2011, 16:53 Ruffiana

Isn't this essentially saying "We offered to pay you too much when we hired you, so now we would like you to return the extra salary you got or else we'll fire you."  

4. Re: Morning Metaverse Nov 10, 2011, 15:58 xXBatmanXx

I hope more people get lawyers and the company goes under. It is dirty and they must be punished.  

In this present crisis, government is not the solution to our problem; government is the problem. / Few men have virtue enough to withstand the highest bidder.
Playing: New dad

3. Re: Morning Metaverse Nov 10, 2011, 15:20 eRe4s3r

I hope not.. this would set a very dangerous precedent, including basically rogue legalizing ALL forms of extortion.

2. Re: Morning Metaverse Nov 10, 2011, 14:01 Verno

eRe4s3r wrote on Nov 10, 2011, 12:38:
Thats extortion by the way @ Zynga story.. hope the CEO goes to jail who authorized this

I'm sure he'll just get a bonus instead, The American Way.

Playing: Gauntlet, Dark Souls 2, Wasteland 2
Watching: Intruders, 24 Live Another Day, The Signal

1. Re: Morning Metaverse Nov 10, 2011, 12:38 eRe4s3r

Thats extortion by the way @ Zynga story.. hope the CEO goes to jail who authorized this  

9 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo