Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

More A Game of Throne Games Planned

USATODAY has word on further A Game of Thrones game plans besides the recently released RTS A Game of Thrones: Genesis and the upcoming Game of Thrones RPG. Word is Bigpoint is developing a free-to-play Game of Thrones MMORPG and that an A Game of Thrones-based social networking game is in the works that they describe like this: "think FarmVille comes to Westeros." Thanks Gamasutra.

View
12 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

12. Re: More A Game of Throne Games Planned Nov 10, 2011, 11:20 Verno

They should make a game out of George blogging about football for six years instead of writing the next installment of the series.  

Playing: Fire Emblem, Diablo 3, Bravely Default
Watching: The Machine, After the Dark, Devils Due
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

11. Re: More A Game of Throne Games Planned Nov 10, 2011, 08:54 SXO

The only dev I would've liked to see get their hands on a license for this franchise is The Creative Assembly. There's an unfinished mod out there for Medieval II called Westeros: Total War, and I would've loved to see a full fledged game from the makers themselves.  

10. Re: More A Game of Throne Games Planned Nov 10, 2011, 06:49 Icewind

Saw some screenshots and it looks like a broke-ass Dragon age Origins clone. Also loved the black borders around the character models, which reveals that they are just flat 2D images super-imposed over a background to create a mock-up. Nice work there guys.

This doesn't look too good.

9. Re: More A Game of Throne Games Planned Nov 10, 2011, 06:39 Spektr

ViRGE wrote on Nov 10, 2011, 00:20:
So the RTS was rubbish. The F2P MMO is sure to be rubbish. And the social game is rubbish by definition.
I can see your hopes are up for the rpg

8. Re: More A Game of Throne Games Planned Nov 10, 2011, 00:20 ViRGE

So the RTS was rubbish. The F2P MMO is sure to be rubbish. And the social game is rubbish by definition.

Are they even going to bother trying to make a good GoT game?

7. Re: More A Game of Throne Games Planned Nov 9, 2011, 23:06 PHJF

How about A Clash of Kings games, or A Storm of Swords games? There are other books in this series, you know.  

Steam + PSN: PHJF

6. Re: More A Game of Throne Games Planned Nov 9, 2011, 22:10 PropheT

I can just see the status updates on Facebook now.

"Ken just got caught having sex with his sister! Oh No!"
Comment - Like - Help Ken Push Child Out Of Tower

5. Re: More A Game of Throne Games Planned Nov 9, 2011, 21:06 Cutter

A little late in the game to be whoring yourself so hard, isn't it, Georgey-boy?

James Woods: Oh that's fun. That sounds like you had a fun time. Where would I fit in with the fun time, huh? Where does James Woods fit into the fun?

4. Re: More A Game of Throne Games Planned Nov 9, 2011, 21:02 Pankin

Ol' Georgie-boy's gettin' PAID!!  

3. Re: More A Game of Throne Games Planned Nov 9, 2011, 20:49 frag.machine

May the Others carry all Farmville players.  

2. Re: More A Game of Throne Games Planned Nov 9, 2011, 20:41 eRe4s3r

Man i love a good read of clean unadulterated sarcasm in the evening  

1. Re: More A Game of Throne Games Planned Nov 9, 2011, 20:38 theyarecomingforyou

It's funny, as earlier today I was just thinking about how there aren't enough games like FarmVille. The biggest problem with most modern games is that I can't share my progress with my friends on Facebook or connect in any meaningful way. And how am I meant to find out about new games if people don't invite me to join on Facebook? It's great to see publishers taking a risk with social gaming, especially with something as high profile as A Game Of Thrones.

If anyone wants to join me on Treasure Isle or FarmVille until this comes out then feel free to add me on Facebook.

/Sarcasm

SteamID: theyarecomingforyou

12 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo