Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Greenbelt, MD 08/22

Regularly scheduled events

Dungeons & Dragons Collections

Atari announces two collector edition bundle packs, Dungeons & Dragons Anthology: The Master Collection and Dungeons & Dragons: Neverwinter Nights Complete, which will be released for Windows PC on November 15th, , saying they are available for preorder now at GameStop, Amazon, and Target. Here's word:

Dungeons & Dragons Anthology: The Master Collection packages 6 of the most beloved classic RPG video games of the Dungeons & Dragons franchise and their expansions into a single PC Box set – the ultimate RPG package for the ultimate D&D fan. The Dungeons & Dragons Anthology: The Master Collection features some of the greatest D&D titles ever published in a single package including six Game of the Year winners, all for $19.99. Games in The Master Collection include:

• Baldur’s Gate 1 & 2 + Expansions
  • Icewind Dale 1 & 2 + Expansions
  • Planescape: Torment
  • The Temple of Elemental Evil

Dungeons & Dragons: Neverwinter Nights Complete, a PC gaming classic for the ages, brings together every game and expansion of the critically acclaimed franchise into one compilation. Dungeons & Dragons: Neverwinter Nights Complete features two Game of the Year winners, every expansion pack, never before collection release of Neverwinter Nights 2, and a limited edition gift, all for $29.99.

• Neverwinter Nights + 3 Expansion Packs
  • Neverwinter Nights 2 + 3 Expansions Packs
  • Exclusive 18”x21” poster map of Neverwinter,

View
26 Replies. 2 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 ] Older >

26. Re: Dungeons & Dragons Collections Nov 11, 2011, 07:05 Zadig

I saw my BG 1 & 2 discs and my Icewind Dale instruction manual when I moved this year, but I can't remember if I packed them or tossed 'em. I'm torn between wanting a digital copy and not ever wanting to play them again so my memories aren't spoiled. I guess they could stay eternally uninstalled, like half my steam games.

Cutter wrote on Nov 9, 2011, 21:11:
What have you done for me lately? Why not try making some new, good, D&D games once again?

Be careful what you wish for. I'm just happy they're not announcing Baldur's Gate Online with human and orc faction locked in permanent war. Now with voice acted quests, a level cap of 80, and lifetime subs for only $200!

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

25. Re: Dungeons & Dragons Collections Nov 10, 2011, 20:28 shponglefan

As long as they don't add a bunch of sh!t DRM, then sold!  

24. Re: Dungeons & Dragons Collections Nov 10, 2011, 19:41 Creston

Scottish Martial Arts wrote on Nov 10, 2011, 14:35:
And if you've been paying attention, you will have bought these off GOG for pennies in the past few months already anyway.

Or you still have your original boxed copies.

Haha. Touche.

I still have BG 1, 2 and expansions, and I have Torment still. And I guess NWN2 and MotB are still lying around somewhere. I have no idea why I keep this old stuff, since I've got them digital now, and I'd literally never reinstall the game off all the CDs, then try to find the 300,000 different patches again.

Creston

23. Re: Dungeons & Dragons Collections Nov 10, 2011, 15:28 sauron

Scottish Martial Arts wrote on Nov 10, 2011, 14:35:
And if you've been paying attention, you will have bought these off GOG for pennies in the past few months already anyway.

I still have my original copy of PS:T, and stumbled across another one on EBay recently. It's worth a lot more than I thought it was.

Kittens!

22. Re: Dungeons & Dragons Collections Nov 10, 2011, 14:35 Scottish Martial Arts

21. Re: Dungeons & Dragons Collections Nov 10, 2011, 11:12 Creston

They're nice packs, but I can't help but wonder what kind of horseshit DRM they'll be saddled with. Atari Infogrames was one of the first to jump aboard the secuROM bandwagon, and several NWN updates basically just disabled the game for thousands and thousands of players because they also installed new versions of that POS crapware. And Atari Infogrames always pretended like their fucking noses bled.

Creston

20. Re: Dungeons & Dragons Collections Nov 10, 2011, 10:39 sauron

Jerykk wrote on Nov 9, 2011, 23:49:
If for some depraved reason you have yet to play PST, please do so now. And by now, I mean go to GOG.com and buy it there.

^ This. All of those games are good, but this one's the gem.

Kittens!

19. Re: Dungeons & Dragons Collections Nov 10, 2011, 09:00 SXO

Tanto Edge wrote on Nov 10, 2011, 02:44:
They should call it the "Never Again" Anthology.
LOL

18. Re: Dungeons & Dragons Collections Nov 10, 2011, 08:40 Veinman

When I saw the headline, I got excited that they were packaging up all the old stuff like the Darksun games. This is still a great compilation, but I'd have liked to have seen a more comprehensive selection.  

17. Re: Dungeons & Dragons Collections Nov 10, 2011, 08:20 coldcut

J wrote on Nov 10, 2011, 06:32:
I'm wondering if these games will be updated so that they all work on Windows 7. The thing which put me off of Baldur's was all the CD swapping - if that's no longer an issue I may go for it.
In the GOG forums, there are stickies for every game linking to the mods which will solve almost all problems Some mods even bring unfinished original material back to the game.

16. Re: Dungeons & Dragons Collections Nov 10, 2011, 06:32 J

I'm wondering if these games will be updated so that they all work on Windows 7. The thing which put me off of Baldur's was all the CD swapping - if that's no longer an issue I may go for it.  

15. Re: Dungeons & Dragons Collections Nov 10, 2011, 04:23 PHJF

I think I tried some kind of mod/patch thing, but the game just wouldnt run right... graphics were fucked up or I couldn't get audio or something.  

Steam + PSN: PHJF

14. Re: Dungeons & Dragons Collections Nov 10, 2011, 02:44 Tanto Edge

They should call it the "Never Again" Anthology.
The collection of games that no company, publisher or developer will ever recreate because it just takes too much chutzpa.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=705LEH3j2g0&t=0m24s
http://www.youtube.com/user/tantoedge

13. Re: Dungeons & Dragons Collections Nov 10, 2011, 00:52 Pineapple Ferguson

PHJF wrote on Nov 9, 2011, 23:31:

ToEE was a really great.. 3.5 Edition combat simulator

It was so buggy I could never play it. I tried again like a year ago but apparently it doesn't jive with modern tech.

I've played through it again on Win7 x64 within the last year with the latest Co8 mod/patch and it was very stable. All I can say is though it may lack in depth of story, it more than makes up for it in interesting encounters. The art is pretty good too imo.

The Co8 patch not only fixes bugs, but enhances AI and adds new content. You should give it another chance.

http://www.co8.org/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=54

12. Re: Dungeons & Dragons Collections Nov 9, 2011, 23:49 Jerykk

If for some depraved reason you have yet to play PST, please do so now. And by now, I mean go to GOG.com and buy it there.  

11. Re: Dungeons & Dragons Collections Nov 9, 2011, 23:43 Acleacius

Wow, amazing collection. Iirc, that's at least 400 hours of gaming. Thumbsup

PHJF wrote on Nov 9, 2011, 23:31:

It was so buggy I could never play it. I tried again like a year ago but apparently it doesn't jive with modern tech.
There's an Unofficial Patch, fixes most if not all issues.

The people can always be brought to the bidding of the leaders.That is easy.All you have to do is tell them they are being attacked and denounce the pacifists for lack of patriotism and exposing the country to danger.It works the same way in any country.

10. Re: Dungeons & Dragons Collections Nov 9, 2011, 23:31 PHJF

Steam + PSN: PHJF

9. Re: Dungeons & Dragons Collections Nov 9, 2011, 23:16 StingingVelvet

Dev wrote on Nov 9, 2011, 21:44:
Esoteric wrote on Nov 9, 2011, 20:50:
I guess there's no chance this will be on Steam?

Yeah I'd probably pick it up if it was.

Why not get them on GOG?

8. Re: Dungeons & Dragons Collections Nov 9, 2011, 22:25 dheer

Cutter wrote on Nov 9, 2011, 21:11:
What have you done for me lately? Why not try making some new, good, D&D games once again?
Indeed. Sign up Obsidian, please. They have a ton of experience with the license and I'd bet they would be interested.

Still, it's a nice set. May pick it up. I had been waiting for GOG to put BG, IWD and Torment on sale for $4.99 a pop but from what Stinging Velvet said, I must have missed it.

I wonder if he reads them, or if it's just for show.

7. Re: Dungeons & Dragons Collections Nov 9, 2011, 21:49 Pineapple Ferguson

ToEE was a really great.. 3.5 Edition combat simulator. There wasn't much of a story, but it really does have the most faithful representation of PnP D&D combat in any game ever in that it's turn based and much more tactical than games like Baldur's Gate. That made it good enough for me to really enjoy it. It's even better with the Circle of Eight mods.

A game built on the ToEE engine with the scope of BG or even Icewind Dale would be so great.

26 Replies. 2 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo