Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Skyrim Now on Sale in the Netherlands?

Some retailers in the Netherlands may be in Dutch with Bethesda, as Inside Gamer has word (in Dutch) that several shops in the region are now selling The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim in advance of Friday's embargo date for the RPG sequel. They offer a photo of the game and a receipt as proof of what's happening. Thanks Acleacius via Kotaku. Update: A poster in our forums reports also finding the game on sale in Paris, France.

View
34 Replies. 2 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 ] Older >

34. Re: Skyrim Now on Sale in the Netherlands? Nov 9, 2011, 18:59 nin

Woot, back in again!

http://store.nin.com/index.php?cPath=10
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

33. Re: Skyrim Now on Sale in the Netherlands? Nov 9, 2011, 13:23 jimnms

theyarecomingforyou wrote on Nov 9, 2011, 03:47:
But it is strange that the US is one of the only countries to use MM/DD/YYYY, when DD/MM/YYYY is much more logical. YYYY/MM/DD is also effective but de-emphasises the day and prioritises the year. I know it's something that developed over time but it still seems pretty retarded on the surface.

Year-Month-Day still makes more logical sense. Think of it like a way of sorting time. When you sort things, you put smaller things into bigger things, and when you recall where you put something you remember the largest thing first and work smaller. When you file something, you put it into folder in a drawer of a file cabinet. The file cabinet would be the year, the drawer the month and the folder the day. When you recall in your head where you filed something, you first remember the file cabinet it's in, then the drawer then the file.

When I'm looking for a picture, I can almost always remember the year it was taken and usually the month, so I want to see that first. I've never remembered the day I took a photo and not the month or year, so showing the day first doesn't make any sense.

MeanJim on Steam

32. Re: Skyrim Now on Sale in the Netherlands? Nov 9, 2011, 10:46 Eldaron Imotholin

PropheT wrote on Nov 8, 2011, 20:34:
Eldaron Imotholin wrote on Nov 8, 2011, 17:57:
You mean the Day-Month-Year part? I'm 95% sure you're just kidding but since 95% of you guys are Christians I'll just play along and not use my reasoning, counter argument being that Day-Month-Year seems way more logical than Month-Day-Year .

Argh shite I used logic again! xD

The game comes out 11-11-11.

If you look at that in month-day-year instead, it comes out 11-11-11. If you look at it in day-month-year, it's 11-11-11.

...that's the joke.

Haha, yeah I got that. I kinda implied that with the "95%" part.

I'm looking forward to this game! For a change I would've been OK if they tinkered on it for another month since I'm not even halfway through Heroes VI!! Man I love that game... but I know what happens if another game comes in between... as always. -_-

Playing: Skyrim, World of Warcraft.
Future: Dead Space 3.

31. Re: Skyrim Now on Sale in the Netherlands? Nov 9, 2011, 09:05 nin

The Half Elf wrote on Nov 8, 2011, 22:45:
nin check your emails, cause they sent me 2 invites, 1 for the weekend and 1 for the general beta (and what I read from the testing forums is testing any time the servers are up), while weekend testing they make specific servers for stress testing.

On a scale of 1-10, how did you enjoy your weekend in TOR?

Still no invites here. Honestly, I think initially I was a little disappointed in it, as I think I went in with my expectations too high. But I found the more I played, the more I liked it (signs that a game is growing on you: you think you don't like it at first, yet you keep firing it up and playing more of it). It's not reinventing the wheel by any stretch, and it's similar to WOW, in a different setting.

The two things that stood out to me were the story and voice acting. The sheer amount of voice acting made it almost feel like I was playing a regular KOTOR game, just with other (real) people present. I wouldn't think such a feature would really effect my liking of a game that much, but it does. (This might have to do with, while in WOW, I click on a guy to get a quest, but I normally don't bother reading all the small details, and just look in my log to see I need to go kill 10 of whatever. Yet in TOR, your camera switches directly to a close up of the person giving you the quest, and he speaks and tells you all about it. And for me at least, that gets my attention, and I want to know what happens next.)

Oh, and your choice of light side/dark side quest turns in (sometimes to different characters) is also a nice touch.

Basically, it's not "teh wow killah!", but I think it'll be the closest thing to real competition blizzard has seen. I'm really looking forward to getting back into it, come December. I could easily see myself playing it casually for 6 months, going through the different classes and stories.

edit: whoops, you just wanted a number. I'd say 8 outta 10.

30. Re: Skyrim Now on Sale in the Netherlands? Nov 9, 2011, 03:47 theyarecomingforyou

jimnms wrote on Nov 8, 2011, 19:07:
I prefer Year-Month-Day myself. It makes more logical since than the other two, especially with computers. I use YYYY-MM-DD on file names and folders so that they are sorted correctly and make stuff easier to find when sorted by name.
There's no reason that Windows shouldn't auto-detect when dates are used and auto-arrange accordingly, particularly when months are used (rather than just alphabetical).

But it is strange that the US is one of the only countries to use MM/DD/YYYY, when DD/MM/YYYY is much more logical. YYYY/MM/DD is also effective but de-emphasises the day and prioritises the year. I know it's something that developed over time but it still seems pretty retarded on the surface. I find it irritating when US dates are shown over here but find it worse when I go to the cinema and see a trailer showing a release date of "This Fall", as that's not a term used in the UK - "Autumn" works just fine (that is what the season is called).

This comment was edited on Nov 9, 2011, 04:24.

SteamID: theyarecomingforyou
Star Citizen: Blue's News

29. Re: Skyrim Now on Sale in the Netherlands? Nov 8, 2011, 22:45 The Half Elf

nin check your emails, cause they sent me 2 invites, 1 for the weekend and 1 for the general beta (and what I read from the testing forums is testing any time the servers are up), while weekend testing they make specific servers for stress testing.

On a scale of 1-10, how did you enjoy your weekend in TOR?

"I've never seen a feature like this before. It warms your ass. It's wonderful" -Walter Bishop

28. Re: Skyrim Now on Sale in the Netherlands? Nov 8, 2011, 21:52 nin

The Half Elf wrote on Nov 8, 2011, 21:28:
DEAR LORD WHY?!? Just got my Old Republic beta invite, which starts Friday night of the 11th, AND now Skyrim is pre-loading.... GAH!

And TOR is a 20 gig download.. ugh.

I keep hoping I'll get another invite. The weekend I did a few weeks ago, I enjoyed it.

27. Re: Skyrim Now on Sale in the Netherlands? Nov 8, 2011, 21:28 The Half Elf

DEAR LORD WHY?!? Just got my Old Republic beta invite, which starts Friday night of the 11th, AND now Skyrim is pre-loading.... GAH!

And TOR is a 20 gig download.. ugh.

"I've never seen a feature like this before. It warms your ass. It's wonderful" -Walter Bishop

26. Re: Skyrim Now on Sale in the Netherlands? Nov 8, 2011, 21:14 MisterBenn

Creston wrote on Nov 8, 2011, 19:51:
Meanwhile, Steam still isn't even preloading.

GRRRRRRR.

Creston

Consider retracting that GRRRRRRR, preloads began - at least in England. Where are you based?

Playing: Path of Exile, Age of Wonders III

25. Re: Skyrim Now on Sale in the Netherlands? Nov 8, 2011, 20:52 Dev

GibMonkey wrote on Nov 8, 2011, 20:08:
@Dev

I detect sarcasm. True?

Yep

24. Re: Skyrim Now on Sale in the Netherlands? Nov 8, 2011, 20:41 wtf_man

WOOOOOT! Preloading rightnow!!!

West Coast, USA.

This comment was edited on Nov 8, 2011, 21:19.

23. Re: Skyrim Now on Sale in the Netherlands? Nov 8, 2011, 20:34 PropheT

You mean the Day-Month-Year part? I'm 95% sure you're just kidding but since 95% of you guys are Christians I'll just play along and not use my reasoning, counter argument being that Day-Month-Year seems way more logical than Month-Day-Year .

The game comes out 11-11-11.

If you look at that in month-day-year instead, it comes out 11-11-11. If you look at it in day-month-year, it's 11-11-11.

...that's the joke.

22. Re: Skyrim Now on Sale in the Netherlands? Nov 8, 2011, 20:08 GibMonkey

@Dev

I detect sarcasm. True?

21. Re: Skyrim Now on Sale in the Netherlands? Nov 8, 2011, 19:51 Creston

Meanwhile, Steam still isn't even preloading.

GRRRRRRR.

Creston

20. Re: Skyrim Now on Sale in the Netherlands? Nov 8, 2011, 19:19 Beelzebud

YYYY-MM-DD

I have an enormous collection of concert bootlegs, and I keep them all organized in that format. It's much more sane when dealing with a large amount of dates.

19. Re: Skyrim Now on Sale in the Netherlands? Nov 8, 2011, 19:07 jimnms

I prefer Year-Month-Day myself. It makes more logical since than the other two, especially with computers. I use YYYY-MM-DD on file names and folders so that they are sorted correctly and make stuff easier to find when sorted by name.

MeanJim on Steam

18. Re: Skyrim Now on Sale in the Netherlands? Nov 8, 2011, 18:06 MrGrosser

Beelzebud wrote on Nov 8, 2011, 17:46:
I don't think PC gamers are the dirty rotten pirates we get treated as.

You're right. I guess they just don't realize how easy it is to pirate on consoles, especially the 360 since it is a simple softmod. PS3 you still have to have old Firmware and most PC games now are locked until release day because they are tied into some online distributor like Steam or Origin.

They need to start worrying less about PC copies getting out and keeping a closer eye on their console copies. I am still expecting Assassin's Creed Revelations to hit before the weekend.

17. Re: Skyrim Now on Sale in the Netherlands? Nov 8, 2011, 17:57 Eldaron Imotholin

McSterls wrote on Nov 8, 2011, 16:01:
Probably a result of that backwards date thing the Europeans do. Sometimes they let their produce spoil because they get so confused over which number is the day and which is the month. Oh, those wacky Europeans.

Playing: Skyrim, World of Warcraft.
Future: Dead Space 3.

16. Re: Skyrim Now on Sale in the Netherlands? Nov 8, 2011, 17:51 venomhed

Its been on Usenet and Bit Torrent since last week for XBox.  

15. Re: Skyrim Now on Sale in the Netherlands? Nov 8, 2011, 17:46 Beelzebud

It's funny how 2 weeks ago there was a story published on almost every game news site talking about 1 disc of Modern Warfare that got leaked for PC. 1 disc of 2, no crack, yet stories everywhere about those awful PC pirates.

Fast Forward to last week, when Skyrim was leaked and available for download for Xbox360, and not one site made a fuss about it.

It just amuses me because PC gamers are looked at as pirates, and yet here lately, all the high profile games get leaked and pirated on the 360.

It's like the Dungeon Defenders developer being apprehensive about releasing on PC because of all the pirates, then was shocked to find that PC gamers made up 80% of their sales.

I don't think PC gamers are the dirty rotten pirates we get treated as.

34 Replies. 2 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo