Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

PC Batman: Arkham City This Month

WBIE announces the release dates for the delayed Windows PC edition of Batman: Arkham City, the stealth/action sequel:

Warner Bros. Interactive Entertainment and DC Entertainment today confirmed that the Games for Windows PC version of Batman: Arkham City will be available in North America beginning November 22, in Australia beginning November 23, in France and Benelux beginning November 24, and in other European territories beginning November 25.

View
23 Replies. 2 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 ] Older >

23. Re: PC Batman: Arkham City This Month Nov 9, 2011, 10:48 eRe4s3r

Who cares, Skyrim tomorrow (or whatever, maybe next day after that.. never sure with release times..)... makes me forget about this for a month  

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

22. Re: PC Batman: Arkham City This Month Nov 9, 2011, 00:13 mlw

saluk wrote on Nov 8, 2011, 13:25:
Beamer wrote on Nov 8, 2011, 12:54:
mlw wrote on Nov 8, 2011, 12:51:
Sorry, but the developers screwed up on this one. If it was available when the console versions were, I would have bought it at premium pricing.

Skyrim will monopolize my PC gaming time up until SWTOR is out (and longer perhaps). I have no time for Arkham City until maybe some time next year. I will be buying it a bargain prices then.

So you're saying they should have launched with the consoles even though it wasn't ready and would have been buggy, or that they should have launched all 3 platforms on November 22nd when everyone everywhere is playing Skyrim and MW3 and waiting for this to hit the bargain bins?

Lol

Also, who on the pc is going to be playing skyrim when it first comes out? I thought all of us cranky pc gamers were waiting for 3 years for all the problems to be modded in by other early adopters? And MW3? We already have BF3 right? Isn't MW3 a console game?

Hehe, yea I always hear about how terrible the Elder Scrolls games are on release. Yet I have bought every one of them since Arena on release day and have had a blast every time. So, yea, I am luckily off for holiday this friday and will be putting many hours in Skyrim. Looking forward to it!

21. Re: PC Batman: Arkham City This Month Nov 8, 2011, 21:02 Sepharo

With how many of you were talking about it I thought it was actually already out on PC.

This also explains why I haven't impulse bought it yet.

20. Re: PC Batman: Arkham City This Month Nov 8, 2011, 20:20 necrosis

Sempai wrote on Nov 8, 2011, 19:08:
necrosis wrote on Nov 8, 2011, 18:24:
WTF?! Its delayed **AGAIN**?!

First same day release. Then NOV 15th. Now NOV 22nd.

About to just buy this damned thing on PS3.

And that's exactly what they want you to do.
And I am trying to resist. But game after game coming out late (even as much as a day tho the track record is a few months) makes it harder to wait for the PC version especially when it is not a FPS game (I just CAN NOT play FPS games with a controller).

19. Re: PC Batman: Arkham City This Month Nov 8, 2011, 19:08 Sempai

necrosis wrote on Nov 8, 2011, 18:24:

And that's exactly what they want you to do.

18. Re: PC Batman: Arkham City This Month Nov 8, 2011, 19:06 Sempai

And they'll blame the poor sales on PC to piracy.
And yet it never crosses their minds treating the PC customer base like 3rd class citizens TIME AND TIME AGAIN has 0 effect on sales.

Oh lookie we get the all important xbox/ps3 versions on shelves, and now we'll hammer out the PC version and you scrubs can just wait for it.
Months later we'll keep hyping our product and it's 2nd launch with things like D11 support and physx, it's gonna be so great!

Suck a dick Rocksteady.

17. Re: PC Batman: Arkham City This Month Nov 8, 2011, 18:55 Lorcin

Seem's I'm fated not to play this one. After reading this earlier I went down and rented it for the PS3 - which got YLOD after 90 mins of gameplay and won't even boot up.  

16. Re: PC Batman: Arkham City This Month Nov 8, 2011, 18:27 necrosis

Sorry, but the developers screwed up on this one. If it was available when the console versions were, I would have bought it at premium pricing.

Skyrim will monopolize my PC gaming time up until SWTOR is out (and longer perhaps). I have no time for Arkham City until maybe some time next year. I will be buying it a bargain prices then.

So you're saying they should have launched with the consoles even though it wasn't ready and would have been buggy, or that they should have launched all 3 platforms on November 22nd when everyone everywhere is playing Skyrim and MW3 and waiting for this to hit the bargain bins?
There is no reason it should not have been completely done at the same time they released it on console.

NO ONE can seam to properly schedule PC development time so all versions are out on the same date. Oh wait... no one gives two shits about PC gaming anymore.

15. Re: PC Batman: Arkham City This Month Nov 8, 2011, 18:24 necrosis

14. Re: PC Batman: Arkham City This Month Nov 8, 2011, 16:48 Marvin T. Martian

BINGO Thumbsup

13. Re: PC Batman: Arkham City This Month Nov 8, 2011, 16:47 Marvin T. Martian

StingingVelvet wrote on Nov 8, 2011, 14:23:
This delay doesn't bother me, since I will be playing Skyrim anyway.

Yep--the delay cost them a sale-will look for it cheap next summer during the gaming dry spell.

12. Re: PC Batman: Arkham City This Month Nov 8, 2011, 14:26 Verno

StingingVelvet wrote on Nov 8, 2011, 14:23:

SPOILERS! Jesus dude.

Playing: The Last of Us Remastered
Watching: Kitchen Nightmares, Coherence, The Rover

11. Re: PC Batman: Arkham City This Month Nov 8, 2011, 14:23 StingingVelvet

10. Re: PC Batman: Arkham City This Month Nov 8, 2011, 13:36  Blue 

eRe4s3r wrote on Nov 8, 2011, 11:19:
Wtf.. a 3 day delay for "the rest of Europe?"

U.S. releases are almost always on Tuesdays, and European releases are almost always Fridays, so Euro releases are almost always three days "late" or four days "early" compared with the U.S.

Stephen "Blue" Heaslip
Blue's News Publisher, Editor-in-Chief, El Presidente for Life

9. Re: PC Batman: Arkham City This Month Nov 8, 2011, 13:25 Fion

I bought the PC version like 2 months ago on Green Man Gaming for $35. Skyrim will most certainly be taking all my gaming time, but when we hit a dry season I'll have a great game waiting to be played.  

8. Re: PC Batman: Arkham City This Month Nov 8, 2011, 13:25 saluk

Lol

Also, who on the pc is going to be playing skyrim when it first comes out? I thought all of us cranky pc gamers were waiting for 3 years for all the problems to be modded in by other early adopters? And MW3? We already have BF3 right? Isn't MW3 a console game?

7. Re: PC Batman: Arkham City This Month Nov 8, 2011, 13:16 Angrius Maximis

Meh been playing it since the 15th  

6. Re: PC Batman: Arkham City This Month Nov 8, 2011, 12:54 Beamer

-------------
Music for the discerning:
http://www.deathwishinc.com
http://www.hydrahead.com
http://www.painkillerrecords.com

5. Re: PC Batman: Arkham City This Month Nov 8, 2011, 12:51 mlw

4. Re: PC Batman: Arkham City This Month Nov 8, 2011, 12:20 Jerykk

I hope they don't expect this to sell well. Delaying a port for over a month tends to result in lower sales, especially when those who really, really wanted to play the game have already done so on consoles. I'm pretty sure publishers know this, which is why you never see the X360 versions delayed at all.  

23 Replies. 2 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo