Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Ships Ahoy - Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3

Activision Publishing announces Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3 is now available for Windows PC, Xbox 360, and PlayStation 3, along with the accompanying Call of Duty Elite service, which is currently for consoles only, but will eventually come to PCs, albeit in a limited form. Here's a bit on the game:

Co-developed by Infinity Ward and Sledgehammer Games, Modern Warfare® 3 delivers a full assault on gamers’ senses, including an intense single-player campaign that picks up immediately following the events of Call of Duty®: Modern Warfare® 2 and escalates into World War 3, as well as groundbreaking upgrades to the beloved Special Ops like the all-new Survival Mode. Special Ops serves as the perfect springboard to Modern Warfare 3’s re-imagined multiplayer, featuring the series’ trademark visceral gun-on-gun combat, a revamped pointstreak system with the introduction of “Strike Packages,” devastating new modes like “Kill Confirmed” and other gameplay enhancements, new features and a bevy of new weapons, equipment, and perks.

View
52 Replies. 3 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 ] Older >

52. Re: Ships Ahoy - Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3 Nov 9, 2011, 12:53 ^Drag0n^

^Drag0n^ wrote on Nov 8, 2011, 18:52:
COD8:MW3: Contemporary Warfare

Sorry, I screwed that up.

It should be: CoD8:MW3:WW3:Part1

I'll strive to do better next time.

^D^

"Never start a fight, but always finish it."
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

51. Re: Ships Ahoy - Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3 Nov 9, 2011, 12:51 ^Drag0n^

[VG]Reagle wrote on Nov 8, 2011, 20:45:
There is ONE REASON why the majority of the posts below are negative. THAT REASON is becuase people like me OWN YOU THE SECOND YOU LOG ONTO MULTIPLAYER SERVERS.

And I dont mean they are getting beat 12-8. I mean they get OWNED by hard core players 33-1.

AND THAT 1 is from second chance when I happen to be reloading and knifing some other poor fool.

THATS WHY THEY DONT LIKE IT. HAHAhAHAAHAhaahahaaha

Wow.

Hey, Blue: you should talk to Verizon. Looks like we're getting XBL Forums postings here. Probably a mis-route.

^D^

50. Re: Ships Ahoy - Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3 Nov 9, 2011, 09:19 Beamer

nin wrote on Nov 9, 2011, 09:14:

Does mommy know you're on the computer this late?

My thought exactly.

I thought he had once been a normal poster, but just looked at some 2003 posts of his and they were identical. Identical.

He's had over 10 years of this!

-------------
Music for the discerning:
http://www.deathwishinc.com
http://www.hydrahead.com
http://www.painkillerrecords.com

49. Re: Ships Ahoy - Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3 Nov 9, 2011, 09:14 nin

My thought exactly.

http://www.nin.com/pub/tension/

48. Re: Ships Ahoy - Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3 Nov 9, 2011, 07:20 Dades

There is ONE REASON why the majority of the posts below are negative. THAT REASON is becuase people like me OWN YOU THE SECOND YOU LOG ONTO MULTIPLAYER SERVERS.

And I dont mean they are getting beat 12-8. I mean they get OWNED by hard core players 33-1.

AND THAT 1 is from second chance when I happen to be reloading and knifing some other poor fool.

They're all off playing real FPS games for age groups higher than 8-14 if your maturity level is any indication.

47. Re: Ships Ahoy - Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3 Nov 8, 2011, 23:50 Ventura

For christ's sake mate, put a fucking sock in it. You're making us look bad. No wonder Call of Duty gamers get the rep they do.

On behalf of those of us that are actually enjoying Modern Warfare 3 AND can put together a coherent sentence to save our lives, I want to apologise for this clown.

Okay, so it's not going to win any innovation awards, but it was never going to. I don't touch multiplayer, but the campaign has been reviewed reasonably well (in all fairness, it couldn't be worse than BF3's campaign), and as I said before, Survival is an absolute blast. Granted, that IS why I bought it.

46. Re: Ships Ahoy - Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3 Nov 8, 2011, 23:18 MachoManRandySavage

45. Re: Ships Ahoy - Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3 Nov 8, 2011, 21:14 Ventura

Haven't had a lot of time to read the comments here, but I've been really enjoying MW3's new Survival mode. Not much else to say thus far, but definitely worth it for me.  

44. Re: Ships Ahoy - Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3 Nov 8, 2011, 21:12 Sepharo

This is a Steam only game right?

I guess it's not doing so hot, I remember the previous games outdoing CS on launch and this one isn't. Maybe tomorrow.

http://store.steampowered.com/stats/

43. Re: Ships Ahoy - Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3 Nov 8, 2011, 20:45 [VG]Reagle

I am much better now.

42. Re: Ships Ahoy - Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3 Nov 8, 2011, 20:00 DedEye

Teddy wrote on Nov 8, 2011, 11:33:
Beamer wrote on Nov 8, 2011, 11:13:
Techie714 © wrote on Nov 8, 2011, 11:03:
I'll just leave this here....

http://www.metacritic.com/game/pc/call-of-duty-modern-warfare-3

128 reviews, and the game has been out 11 hours in the East Coast, less on the West?

And you don't think it isn't a bunch of people that think the term "Bobby NoDick" is clever spamming the forum because they have some odd gripe with a company with no true basis behind it?

I've said it before and I'll say it again. User score on metacritic is one of the most unreliable metrics out there. Don't know why anyone bothers to pay attention to them.

Actually I find some of them very useful, and for me at least, reliable.

Sure there's a lot of trash in there, but many times I've read detailed, accurate, and justified criticisms. There may be a certain feature or element that might put me off, and I can find out about it there. It's fairly easy to seperate the wheat from the chaff so to speak, so for me it's a great tool.

As for MW3, 2 never held my attention, so I'm not too interested in this one, especially with BF3 now and Skyrim in a couple days.

41. Re: Ships Ahoy - Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3 Nov 8, 2011, 18:55 EddieTheHack

So I was playing MW3 on a buddy's computer when it crashed out to desktop. I re-launch the game and at the safe mode prompt it tells me that "It appears that Modern Warfare 2 .....". Now, I know that Infinity Ward and Acti just copy pasta the entire game every year but this is just fucking pathetic. I am so glad I quit buying this trash ages ago. I hope this game gets pirated into oblivion because there is no reason for anyone to ever buy it. They don't even try anymore. What a joke.  

40. Re: Ships Ahoy - Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3 Nov 8, 2011, 18:52 ^Drag0n^

COD8:MW3: Contemporary Warfare

39. Re: Ships Ahoy - Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3 Nov 8, 2011, 18:37 Jackplug

A friend of mine bought MW3 and he said its just the same game as the last one as in MP and I said what do you expect its the same fucking engine from COD4.  

38. Re: Ships Ahoy - Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3 Nov 8, 2011, 15:50 StingingVelvet

Beamer wrote on Nov 8, 2011, 15:27:
Didn't play Black Ops, but anyone that says their first play through of MW2 was less than 7 hours had to have played on easy.

Not that 7 is much better.

Veteran, 5 hours. Same with Black Ops, same with World at War. The original Modern Warfare might have been a little longer.

37. Re: Ships Ahoy - Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3 Nov 8, 2011, 15:27 Beamer

^Drag0n^ wrote on Nov 8, 2011, 14:42:
StingingVelvet wrote on Nov 8, 2011, 14:26:
^Drag0n^ wrote on Nov 8, 2011, 13:53:
5 HOURS?

Seriously Activision?

$12.50/hour of SP action is BS.

Good lord.

They've been 5 hours for like 5 years now, why are you surprised?

Maybe I'm remembering it wrong, but MW2 and BO seemed much longer than 5 hours.

Didn't play Black Ops, but anyone that says their first play through of MW2 was less than 7 hours had to have played on easy.

Not that 7 is much better.

-------------
Music for the discerning:
http://www.deathwishinc.com
http://www.hydrahead.com
http://www.painkillerrecords.com

36. Re: Ships Ahoy - Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3 Nov 8, 2011, 15:25 nin

5 HOURS?

Seriously Activision?

Pretty sure that's nothing new with the COD series.

http://www.nin.com/pub/tension/

35. Re: Ships Ahoy - Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3 Nov 8, 2011, 14:57 ^Drag0n^

...an intense single-player campaign that picks up immediately following the events of Call of Duty®: Modern Warfare® 2 and escalates into World War 3...

Sounds like Michael Bay took over the franchise. I thought the whole premise of MW was to fight skirmishes in order to avoid WW3....

34. Re: Ships Ahoy - Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3 Nov 8, 2011, 14:44 eunichron

Enjoy your $60 MW2 DLC.  

33. Re: Ships Ahoy - Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3 Nov 8, 2011, 14:42 ^Drag0n^

StingingVelvet wrote on Nov 8, 2011, 14:26:
^Drag0n^ wrote on Nov 8, 2011, 13:53:
5 HOURS?

Seriously Activision?

$12.50/hour of SP action is BS.

Good lord.

They've been 5 hours for like 5 years now, why are you surprised?

Maybe I'm remembering it wrong, but MW2 and BO seemed much longer than 5 hours.

52 Replies. 3 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 ] Older >

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo