Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Mass Effect 3 Story Documents Leaked

There's an Interview with Mass Effect 3 Producer Jesse Houston on the BioWare Blog, discussing the upcoming action/RPG sequel. Speaking of Jesse, the BioWare Social Network has word from him that BioWare has sprung another Mass Effect 3 leak, and some internal story files are in the wild, urging they be avoided:

We are still investigating, but it appears that some internal story files have been leaked. Even though the information in those files is out of date and does not reflect the final story experience, we urge fans not to read them if they want to experience the purest form of the story in Mass Effect 3.

View
9 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

9. Re: Mass Effect 3 Story Documents Leaked Nov 8, 2011, 08:59 Lobster

Wrex: Shepard.
Shepard: Wrex.
Grunt: Shepard.

[Shepard frowns at Grunt. Grunt looks sad. Wrex laughs at him.]

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

8. Re: Mass Effect 3 Story Documents Leaked Nov 8, 2011, 01:21 Stolk

RollinThundr wrote on Nov 7, 2011, 23:21:
Mashiki Amiketo wrote on Nov 7, 2011, 23:11:
RollinThundr wrote on Nov 7, 2011, 22:16:
Not that I don't disagree that Bioware has gone quickly downhill quality wise since the buyout, how does a MS employee accidentally leaking an internal build via live dashboard update beta testers have any fault of EA attached?
The Half Elf wrote on Nov 7, 2011, 22:12:
Yeah just like how the Half Life 2 Source Code was stolen when EA bought Valve... oh wait..
Yes because as we all know that internal story files = the internal build. Which are two completely different things! Yep indeedlyly doo. Reading comprehension is the key.

Which isn't any info we didn't already know. Personally I might just skip ME3 altogether, considering I thought DA2 sucked donkey balls and I loved DA Origins, the tacked on MP and it affecting the story leaves a very bad taste in my mouth just as a design decision even if you don't technically have to play MP at all.

Also I didn't really enjoy ME2 that much, the plot was barely existent beyond babysit companions for 95% of the game, kill a overgrown terminator reaper, THE END! Dark second chapter my ass Bioware.

Yes I think you should skip it. Matter of fact, we're all counting on it!

7. Re: Mass Effect 3 Story Documents Leaked Nov 7, 2011, 23:31 The Half Elf

Yeah but it helps if you actually put my quote AHEAD of yours as listed in the timestamp.

Internal files, be it story, code, whatever can still walk out the door via a person or a hacker, it just comes down to the perseverance of the person who wants it. Or one of the devs took work home with them and a friend/roomate/family member leaked them.

"I've never seen a feature like this before. It warms your ass. It's wonderful" -Walter Bishop

6. Re: Mass Effect 3 Story Documents Leaked Nov 7, 2011, 23:21 RollinThundr

Mashiki Amiketo wrote on Nov 7, 2011, 23:11:
Not that I don't disagree that Bioware has gone quickly downhill quality wise since the buyout, how does a MS employee accidentally leaking an internal build via live dashboard update beta testers have any fault of EA attached?
Yeah just like how the Half Life 2 Source Code was stolen when EA bought Valve... oh wait..
Yes because as we all know that internal story files = the internal build. Which are two completely different things! Yep indeedlyly doo. Reading comprehension is the key.

Which isn't any info we didn't already know. Personally I might just skip ME3 altogether, considering I thought DA2 sucked donkey balls and I loved DA Origins, the tacked on MP and it affecting the story leaves a very bad taste in my mouth just as a design decision even if you don't technically have to play MP at all.

Also I didn't really enjoy ME2 that much, the plot was barely existent beyond babysit companions for 95% of the game, kill a overgrown terminator reaper, THE END! Dark second chapter my ass Bioware.

5. Re: Mass Effect 3 Story Documents Leaked Nov 7, 2011, 23:11 Mashiki Amiketo

--
"For every human problem,
there is a neat, simple solution;
and it is always wrong."
--H.L. Mencken

4. Re: Mass Effect 3 Story Documents Leaked Nov 7, 2011, 22:34 Tumbler

People keep saying sensitive story elements were leaked but all I keep seeing is basically the demo they plan to release in January which looks like the mission we've seen them showing since E3 this year.

Would someone explain or link to whatever they keep referencing about story leaks?

99gamers.com-Game trading site, PC digital trading!
Kickstarter "Game Developer"!

3. Re: Mass Effect 3 Story Documents Leaked Nov 7, 2011, 22:16 RollinThundr

Mashiki Amiketo wrote on Nov 7, 2011, 22:04:
Wow. I guess that whole "getting bought out by EA" thing is really working out for these guys.

2. Re: Mass Effect 3 Story Documents Leaked Nov 7, 2011, 22:12 The Half Elf

"I've never seen a feature like this before. It warms your ass. It's wonderful" -Walter Bishop

1. Re: Mass Effect 3 Story Documents Leaked Nov 7, 2011, 22:04 Mashiki Amiketo

Wow. I guess that whole "getting bought out by EA" thing is really working out for these guys.  
--
"For every human problem,
there is a neat, simple solution;
and it is always wrong."
--H.L. Mencken

9 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo