Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Saints Row: The Third Trailer Brings the Crazy

If you think all you need to know about this recent trailer (NSFW) for Saints Row: The Third is encapsulated in its title, "Pimps and Gimps," you'd be wrong, as the insanity from the upcoming open-world action sequel goes way beyond that.

View
41 Replies. 3 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 ] Older >

41. Re: Saints Row: The Third Trailer Brings the Crazy Nov 6, 2011, 18:51 nin

I noticed that too, but ultimately, I want to put my key in Steam.....

That was my point - I suspect steam preloads start at that time, hence amazon's note.

http://www.nin.com/pub/tension/
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

40. Re: Saints Row: The Third Trailer Brings the Crazy Nov 6, 2011, 18:08 xXBatmanXx

nin wrote on Nov 6, 2011, 16:55:
FYI, just noticed the amazon page lists
"you will be able to pre-load the game starting November 11, 2011 at 10:00 AM PST"

Like DX before it, I've gone from ignoring this game for months to suddenly very interested. Gonna be a long week waiting. Hopefully GMG will send out their codes on Friday when preloads start, like they did with DX.

I noticed that too, but ultimately, I want to put my key in Steam.....

In this present crisis, government is not the solution to our problem; government is the problem. / Few men have virtue enough to withstand the highest bidder.
Playing: New dad

39. Re: Saints Row: The Third Trailer Brings the Crazy Nov 6, 2011, 16:55 nin

FYI, just noticed the amazon page lists
"you will be able to pre-load the game starting November 11, 2011 at 10:00 AM PST"

Like DX before it, I've gone from ignoring this game for months to suddenly very interested. Gonna be a long week waiting. Hopefully GMG will send out their codes on Friday when preloads start, like they did with DX.

38. deeper harder faster Nov 6, 2011, 14:43 space captain

Acleacius wrote on Nov 6, 2011, 13:18:
This will be the first SR I've played, is it an RPG in any sense? As in when doing quests (missions?) do you have a good vs evil solutions, then do these effect the game world.

supposedly this one will actually have a non-linear plot line that changes according to what you do on the missions, unlike GTA

Tackle the campaign, though, and you’ll find that the story ventures into an area that few sandbox games dare to tread. The added layer of complexity created by a branching plot, with decisions that the team promise will carry plenty of emotional gravitas demonstrates that among all the ridiculousness, Volition has a quiet but resolute ambition to make a sophisticated game. Be assured, for all the dildos and fart gags, from what we’ve seen, this is a clever game playing dumb rather than the other way around.

Go forth, and kill!

37. Re: Saints Row: The Third Trailer Brings the Crazy Nov 6, 2011, 14:05 Acleacius

xXBatmanXx wrote on Nov 6, 2011, 13:47:
No. They historically have been GTA style missions.
Thanks xXBatmanXx, it still looks like a blast to play.

Spoiler tags for those that didn't watch the whole scene. It's not specific but a game and movie they seem to reference.
The scene reminded me of NOLF and the movie Shoot 'Em Up

The people can always be brought to the bidding of the leaders.That is easy.All you have to do is tell them they are being attacked and denounce the pacifists for lack of patriotism and exposing the country to danger.It works the same way in any country.

36. Re: Saints Row: The Third Trailer Brings the Crazy Nov 6, 2011, 13:47 xXBatmanXx

Acleacius wrote on Nov 6, 2011, 13:18:
nin wrote on Nov 6, 2011, 01:48:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=7eLwIRo1RYY

Wow, this just gets better and better, thanks for the linkage!

This will be the first SR I've played, is it an RPG in any sense? As in when doing quests (missions?) do you have a good vs evil solutions, then do these effect the game world.

No. They historically have been GTA style missions.

In this present crisis, government is not the solution to our problem; government is the problem. / Few men have virtue enough to withstand the highest bidder.

35. Re: Saints Row: The Third Trailer Brings the Crazy Nov 6, 2011, 13:18 Acleacius

nin wrote on Nov 6, 2011, 01:48:

Wow, this just gets better and better, thanks for the linkage!

The people can always be brought to the bidding of the leaders.That is easy.All you have to do is tell them they are being attacked and denounce the pacifists for lack of patriotism and exposing the country to danger.It works the same way in any country.

34. Re: Saints Row: The Third Trailer Brings the Crazy Nov 6, 2011, 11:07 nin

sweet video nin. I watched to the 4 min mark, didn't want to spoil anymore.....

Yeah, I was a little worried about that, but if the header is right, it sounds like it's only the second mission in the game, so (if correct) it's early on.

33. Re: Saints Row: The Third Trailer Brings the Crazy Nov 6, 2011, 09:26 xXBatmanXx

sweet video nin. I watched to the 4 min mark, didn't want to spoil anymore.....

So it looks like a True Crime/GTA/SR game. Perfect. Haters can hate all they want - these are the games I look forward to every year. With GTA5 next year, this will keep me busy until then.

Nov is a super busy month! I love it. Getting most of this stuff on PC.

32. Re: Saints Row: The Third Trailer Brings the Crazy Nov 6, 2011, 05:55 Jerykk

Yifes wrote on Nov 5, 2011, 19:18:
Looks incredibly gimmicky. And the lack of consequences or any hint of a decent story reminds me of why I hate these kind of games. If only such a budget was spent on a sequel to Freespace.

I'm not really sure what you were expecting. This isn't an epic RPG, it's an open-world action game with an emphasis on over-the-top silliness. While I'd certainly love to see another Freespace, I'm not going to complain about an entertaining game that doesn't take itself seriously. The vast majority of games are excessively pretentious these days and a little levity is much welcomed.

31. Re: Saints Row: The Third Trailer Brings the Crazy Nov 6, 2011, 05:03 Cutter

EddieTheHack wrote on Nov 5, 2011, 20:48:
Looks incredibly gimmicky. And the lack of consequences or any hint of a decent story reminds me of why I hate these kind of games. If only such a budget was spent on a sequel to Freespace.
What's this lack of consequence you are referring to? Beating people with a 4 foot purple dildo has exactly the consequences I would expect it to. This game may be the sex toy assault simulation by which all others are measured. Lack of consequence...hogwash. Good day sir.

ROFLMAO! Post of the day!

James Woods: Oh that's fun. That sounds like you had a fun time. Where would I fit in with the fun time, huh? Where does James Woods fit into the fun?

30. Re: Saints Row: The Third Trailer Brings the Crazy Nov 6, 2011, 04:07 J

Is this the Sandbox I've been looking for?  

29. Re: Saints Row: The Third Trailer Brings the Crazy Nov 6, 2011, 01:48 nin

28. Re: Saints Row: The Third Trailer Brings the Crazy Nov 6, 2011, 01:28 ViRGE

xXBatmanXx wrote on Nov 5, 2011, 19:30:

It isn't gimmicky - you can AVOID all of that stuff if you want to. Same with the first 2. The stories are actually pretty good.

And they appear to have turned off things in a developer mode, as they have almost no money and hvae access to almost all weapons and vehicles. I gurantee you CANNOT start out like they did. You don't even have a gun when you start. Think GTA.....
Actually according to the gameplay video you do. The game takes place right after the end of SR2, so the Saints are still the all-powerful ruling gang of Steelport. As such you're supposed to start with access to all the goodies that the Saints would have. The narrative is about the other gangs attempting to dethrone them.

27. Re: Saints Row: The Third Trailer Brings the Crazy Nov 6, 2011, 01:34 Linksil

I just had to order this game... didn't know much about it, but it looks like a blast after watching a few videos. Can't beat 30$.  
Munching On: Warframe, Final Fantasy 6, Tales of Xallia, Saints Row 4.

26. Re: Saints Row: The Third Trailer Brings the Crazy Nov 6, 2011, 00:49 Hoop

Needs more cowbell.  

Um .. Behind you...

25. Re: Saints Row: The Third Trailer Brings the Crazy Nov 5, 2011, 22:02 Sphinx

EddieTheHack wrote on Nov 5, 2011, 20:48:
This game may be the sex toy assault simulation by which all others are measured.

Yeah, Custer's Revenge can suck it.

Dear Saints Row:
I love you.

Yours forever and ever,
Sphinx

P.S. Is Professor Genke married? I want to be Sphinx Genke.

-Sphinx

24. Re: Saints Row: The Third Trailer Brings the Crazy Nov 5, 2011, 20:48 EddieTheHack

What's this lack of consequence you are referring to? Beating people with a 4 foot purple dildo has exactly the consequences I would expect it to. This game may be the sex toy assault simulation by which all others are measured. Lack of consequence...hogwash. Good day sir.

23. jump on it Nov 5, 2011, 20:19 space captain

somebody tell will "the thrill" and boogaloo shrimp to smack some pony ass  
Go forth, and kill!

22. Re: Saints Row: The Third Trailer Brings the Crazy Nov 5, 2011, 19:30 xXBatmanXx

It isn't gimmicky - you can AVOID all of that stuff if you want to. Same with the first 2. The stories are actually pretty good.

And they appear to have turned off things in a developer mode, as they have almost no money and hvae access to almost all weapons and vehicles. I gurantee you CANNOT start out like they did. You don't even have a gun when you start. Think GTA.....

41 Replies. 3 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 ] Older >

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo