Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Greenbelt, MD 08/22

Regularly scheduled events

Saturday Tech Bits

View
12 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

12. Re: Saturday Tech Bits Nov 6, 2011, 13:18 Quicksilver

When the cats away the rats will play  
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

11. Re: Saturday Tech Bits Nov 6, 2011, 09:42 DG

Every article (and just about every interwebs comment) I've read on corporate taxes outside of the Economist and accounting trade mags demonstrate a complete lack of any understanding of corporation tax and accounting.

Cutter, negative tax charge indicates a loss made. If you made a loss, you could recover it against the previous or next year's taxable income too.

Same with bonus performance pay plans, there's a solid vein of truth about exorbitant total remuneration of executives but the articles wrap it up in a load of complete BS. Here for example that $400m is effectively over a 10 year period. $40m is your vein of truth, $360m is the BS wrapping.

10. Re: Saturday Tech Bits Nov 6, 2011, 04:58 Cutter

Being an exec is like winning the lottery. They say the average CEO now makes 158 times what the average worker does. There's is no way this at all justified. And than these assholes and their companies don't pay tax. Christ have you seen the articles of late? A lot of these Fortune 1000 companies are actually in the negatives for tax they don't pay - the lowest was one company at NEGATIVE 57%. And they wonder why and how revolutions start.

"The South will boogie again!" - Disco Stu

9. Re: Saturday Tech Bits Nov 5, 2011, 23:43 shponglefan

Krovven wrote on Nov 5, 2011, 19:24:
You miss the point entirely. Whether it was stock options or cash money, the Execs get huge bonuses and everyone else got how much exactly?

It was neither stock options nor cash. But apparently I'm the only one who read the article (and SEC filings). As to who else got what, they aren't required to disclose that to the SEC, so the answer is: we have no effing idea.

</thread>

8. Re: Saturday Tech Bits Nov 5, 2011, 20:08 wtf_man

Krovven wrote on Nov 5, 2011, 19:24:
You miss the point entirely. Whether it was stock options or cash money, the Execs get huge bonuses and everyone else got how much exactly?

I think the workers at Foxconn got an extra bowl of rice...

... then they got it taken away.

7. Re: Saturday Tech Bits Nov 5, 2011, 19:24 Krovven

shponglefan wrote on Nov 5, 2011, 18:38:
xXBatmanXx wrote on Nov 5, 2011, 17:46:
So Steve dies and they open the books on the place? geez. There is no reason why any of them need that money. Ridiculous.

They didn't get any money. Read the article!

6. Re: Saturday Tech Bits Nov 5, 2011, 18:38 shponglefan

xXBatmanXx wrote on Nov 5, 2011, 17:46:
So Steve dies and they open the books on the place? geez. There is no reason why any of them need that money. Ridiculous.

They didn't get any money. Read the article!

5. Re: Saturday Tech Bits Nov 5, 2011, 18:37 shponglefan

Like all articles on executive awards, it's a misleading title. Apple actually gave it's executives 150,000 shares (except for one guy who only got 100k), which are worth $400 million on paper except that they are vesting until between 2012 and 2016 so how much they are actually worth in 1 to 5 years is anyone's guess.  

4. Re: Saturday Tech Bits Nov 5, 2011, 17:46 xXBatmanXx

Cutter wrote on Nov 5, 2011, 14:27:
400 mil to 7 guys and everyone else gets what? A pep talk about what a "team" and "family" they all are. Fucking Apple I'm so glad I don't buy into their BS.

In this present crisis, government is not the solution to our problem; government is the problem. / Few men have virtue enough to withstand the highest bidder.
Playing: New dad

3. Re: Saturday Tech Bits Nov 5, 2011, 17:27 skyguy

http://99serpent.files.wordpress.com/2011/10/4macbooks1.jpg  

2. Re: Saturday Tech Bits Nov 5, 2011, 14:34 ledhead1969

Apple Gives Its Key Execs $400 Million in Bonuses

Occupy Apple? Ohh wait, dirtbags need cell phones, too.

1. Re: Saturday Tech Bits Nov 5, 2011, 14:27 Cutter

400 mil to 7 guys and everyone else gets what? A pep talk about what a "team" and "family" they all are. Fucking Apple I'm so glad I don't buy into their BS.

"The South will boogie again!" - Disco Stu

12 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo