Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Game Reviews

Review Score Controversies: A Guide.

View
8 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

8. Re: Game Reviews Nov 7, 2011, 11:08 JaguarUSF

xXBatmanXx wrote on Nov 5, 2011, 21:59:
But a perfect score - I guess I have always been of the mind there are only about 2-4 games in history (per platform) that would get a perfect score.

I like to think of it as a maximum score rather than a perfect score. Nothing is perfect.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

7. Re: Game Reviews Nov 5, 2011, 22:20 gilly775

You guys forgot to add a "3" at the end of Stronghold.  

6. Re: Game Reviews Nov 5, 2011, 21:59 xXBatmanXx

JaguarUSF wrote on Nov 5, 2011, 18:48:
Despite the problems I mention in the review, BF3 is my favorite shooter of the moment. I felt the smaller maps and unlocks and other (imho) minor issues weren't enough to outweigh the sheer fun of the multiplayer game.

Keep in mind that it is a score for MP only. If I had reviewed the SP, the overall score would have not been an 8.

Plus, I gave 7/8 score to both Brink and Breach, and BF3 is better than both those games.

Thats cool - with a low top end of 8, I guess it makes sense, and one must always review here and now - not tomorrow, etc. But a perfect score - I guess I have always been of the mind there are only about 2-4 games in history (per platform) that would get a perfect score.

I dunno. Maybe that is just me. Like I said, I like it, just thought you would bring in a lower score is all.

Long time listener, first time caller!

In this present crisis, government is not the solution to our problem; government is the problem. / Few men have virtue enough to withstand the highest bidder.
Playing: New dad

5. Re: Game Reviews Nov 5, 2011, 20:11 Prez

Jag is an EA whore sellout!

Or, he just likes the game. Can't decide which...

“The greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be judged by the way its animals are treated.”
- Mahatma Gandhi

4. Re: Game Reviews Nov 5, 2011, 18:48 JaguarUSF

Despite the problems I mention in the review, BF3 is my favorite shooter of the moment. I felt the smaller maps and unlocks and other (imho) minor issues weren't enough to outweigh the sheer fun of the multiplayer game.

Keep in mind that it is a score for MP only. If I had reviewed the SP, the overall score would have not been an 8.

Plus, I gave 7/8 score to both Brink and Breach, and BF3 is better than both those games.

3. Re: Game Reviews Nov 5, 2011, 17:14 LittleMe

Yeah good review JaguarUSF! Well said and I agree with the 8/8 BF3 earns. Don't forget the TOW and mines for anti vehicles, not just rpg's & C4.

This comment was edited on Nov 5, 2011, 17:21.

Perpetual debt is slavery.

2. Re: Game Reviews Nov 5, 2011, 15:21 JohnBirshire

OMFG Jag fanboi!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

*kidding*

1. Re: Game Reviews Nov 5, 2011, 14:12 xXBatmanXx

wow. I like your article Jag, but your score surprises me.  

In this present crisis, government is not the solution to our problem; government is the problem. / Few men have virtue enough to withstand the highest bidder.
Playing: New dad

8 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo