Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Call of Duty Elite TV Console Only

Activision reveals details on Friday Night Fights, a new "original entertainment program" to launch on November 11 in Call of Duty Elite, the new social service for Call of Duty players. Following word that the delayed PC edition of Elite will both be free and will "have some reduced functionality," we inquired if this meant that PC gamers would not be getting access to Call of Duty Elite TV, and were informed that this will indeed be the case, so this aspect of the service is console only. For those interested, here are the details on the series:

• Starring
    • Music: Good Charlotte (Benji & Joel Madden), The Game, Cali Swag District
    • Sports: Dwight Howard (Orlando Magic), John Wall (Washington Wizards)
    • Actors: Michelle Rodriguez
    • Personalities: Jack Osbourne
  • Real world rivals:
    • Army vs. Navy
    • Police vs. Fireman
    • New York city fans vs. Boston fans
  • Each team is coached by gaming experts from the pro gaming circuit.
  • Debut episode premieres next Friday Nov. 11th - Veteran's Day - featuring classic natural rivalry of
  • Army vs. Navy.
    • Will continue weekly every Friday Night through the rest of the year for our initial season
    • Each program will premiere on ELITE TV on Fridays
  • The winning (celebrity) team each episode will donate their winning purse, up to $5K to the Call of Duty Endowment.

View
14 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

14. Re: Call of Duty Elite TV Console Only Nov 5, 2011, 20:15 Sepharo

Ventura wrote on Nov 5, 2011, 20:08:
I think the last time I turned on the xbox was over a year ago.

I'm the same, which is why I bit the bullet and put my 360 on eBay. It won't go for much though, it's a launch console, manufactured in 2005, still kicking.

That'll happen when you never turn it on though, it doesn't get a chance to heat up and die. I never paid for gold membership either, had it for the first month for free, and that was it.

Waste of money for a pc gamer like me. Live and learn.

At least yours works. I got my 360 elite as an internship bonus from Stardock of all places. It broke within a month and I got a refurbed one back which broke a year later and I've never bothered to get it repaired.

Since then I have bought 2 PS3 games (Heavy Rain, L.A. Noire) that I've played on temporarily borrowed PS3s.

I don't hate consoles I just really don't have much use for them.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

13. Re: Call of Duty Elite TV Console Only Nov 5, 2011, 20:08 Ventura

I think the last time I turned on the xbox was over a year ago.

I'm the same, which is why I bit the bullet and put my 360 on eBay. It won't go for much though, it's a launch console, manufactured in 2005, still kicking.

That'll happen when you never turn it on though, it doesn't get a chance to heat up and die. I never paid for gold membership either, had it for the first month for free, and that was it.

Waste of money for a pc gamer like me. Live and learn.

12. Re: Call of Duty Elite TV Console Only Nov 5, 2011, 19:07 Dev

Hudson wrote on Nov 5, 2011, 12:16:
You all sure do hate consoles
Consider that they've held back game development for years (because of obsolete hardware). They've pushed games in general towards a lower common denominator audience. They've caused a general focus away from PC games and porting them instead, which results in crap like not being able to rebind keys in some games, and horrible UIs.

And this is a PC focused gaming news site.

So yeah, you'll find a fair amount of anti-console sentiment here. BTW, I own a couple consoles... I think the last time I turned on the xbox was over a year ago.

11. Re: Call of Duty Elite TV Console Only Nov 5, 2011, 15:37 NicklePop

Hate only begins to describe it.

I literally loathe consoles.

Crazy? Possibly.

10. Re: Call of Duty Elite TV Console Only Nov 5, 2011, 12:16 Angrius Maximis

You all sure do hate consoles  

9. Re: Call of Duty Elite TV Console Only Nov 5, 2011, 10:48 xXBatmanXx

um, if it is only what they show above - it would be a waste of time anyway - not an issue. I am more concerned about having to pay for the service and not getting the same goodies as the console - this portion isn't a goodie - it is something no one on a PC would even look at.  

In this present crisis, government is not the solution to our problem; government is the problem. / Few men have virtue enough to withstand the highest bidder.
Playing: New dad

8. Re: Call of Duty Elite TV Console Only Nov 5, 2011, 09:03 Sleeeeepy

OK I just realised that this would only be an issue if I was actually going to buy the game, gonna get me a refund on this noose  

7. Re: Call of Duty Elite TV Console Only Nov 5, 2011, 09:02 Sleeeeepy

oh no, I don't get to see michelle rodriguez be the same character she is in every single film, heading off to kill myself right now, brb  

6. Re: Call of Duty Elite TV Console Only Nov 5, 2011, 08:32 nutshell42

I'm inconsoleable.  

5. Re: Call of Duty Elite TV Console Only Nov 5, 2011, 03:57 entr0py

The one good thing I can say about this is that it demonstrates that publishers are learning that PC gamers are less willing to be ripped off than console gamers. . . Well, except that our games can't be resold or rented. And some of us buy games with always-online DRM. . .But still!  

4. Re: Call of Duty Elite TV Console Only Nov 5, 2011, 02:15 J

What would I do with an Elite Tranny?  

3. Re: Call of Duty Elite TV Console Only Nov 5, 2011, 01:42 ZeroCougar

This games popularity never ceases to baffle me.

I played C.O.D.'s but there basically digital toilet paper. Once your done you discard, flush and move on.

And here's evidence that its close to a national past time? I'm getting too old for this stuff if this is the case.

- That's a very nice everything you have there... ssssssssSSSSSSSSSSS -

2. Re: Call of Duty Elite TV Console Only Nov 4, 2011, 23:58 space captain

PC edition of Elite

if only

Go forth, and kill!

1. Re: Call of Duty Elite TV Console Only Nov 4, 2011, 23:14 [VG]Reagle

If Call of Duty Elite TV is for a bunch of celeb playing each other then who cares. IF that is all it is.  

The First Newell
Gabe's Watching
[VG]Reagle Beagle

14 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo