Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Gone Gold - Skyrim

The Bethesda Blog announces that The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim is now gold, with the completion of the RPG sequel coming just in time for its planned release a week from today. Word is:

It’s done!!!

We’re pleased to announce that after more than three years of hard work, the team at Bethesda Game Studios has completed over 20 versions of Skyrim — across multiple platforms, languages, and countries. That’s right, Skyrim is officially gold!

The team celebrated last night with sweet golden mead brewed by Kurt Kuhlmann, Ryan Jenkins, and Shane Liesegang.

For more pics, check out the slideshow below…

View
84 Replies. 5 pages. Viewing page 4.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 ] Older >

24. Re: Gone Gold - Skyrim Nov 4, 2011, 17:23 Cutter

foot wrote on Nov 4, 2011, 16:23:
Sempai wrote on Nov 4, 2011, 16:15:
In other news. Still not one piece of footage on the PC.

The official trailer is entirely PC footage. Confirmed by Pete Hines.

That's funny because the official trailer I recall shows it was being played on a 360, or at least with a console gamepad and the UI was entirely console. Maybe I'm wrong, but yeah, seconded here can you link this specific trailer please. I just find it odd that there is still zero PC media or even PC previews of this game so far - aprt from this trailer, if it is, in fact, PC. That sort of shit never bodes well.

"Bye weeks? Bronko Nagurski didn't get no bye weeks, and now he's dead… Well, maybe they're a good thing." - Moe
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

23. Re: Gone Gold - Skyrim Nov 4, 2011, 17:06 Caladell

Now we just need preloads to start. Would suck to have to start downloading on release day  

22. Re: Gone Gold - Skyrim Nov 4, 2011, 17:02 killer_roach

Kythlyn wrote on Nov 4, 2011, 16:57:
Isn't it a bit odd that this announcement comes only one week before the launch of the game? I thought gold announcements go out as soon as the final discs start getting stamped. The copies of Skyrim are already printed and sitting in warehouses ready to ship.

I'm thinking they're defining "gold" as "every launch configuration has reached gold master status".

21. Re: Gone Gold - Skyrim Nov 4, 2011, 17:02 Beelzebud

After three years of hard work, we're turning the game over to the mod community to do that essential 2 years of work polishing the game up to retail standards!  

20. Re: Gone Gold - Skyrim Nov 4, 2011, 16:59 xXBatmanXx

Nerds and a sausage fest......what a typical IT place to work.  

Buy from GreenManGaming? Use this, we both get $2.00 - http://www.greenmangaming.com/?gmgr=purutuwi

19. Re: Gone Gold - Skyrim Nov 4, 2011, 16:57 Kythlyn

Isn't it a bit odd that this announcement comes only one week before the launch of the game? I thought gold announcements go out as soon as the final discs start getting stamped. The copies of Skyrim are already printed and sitting in warehouses ready to ship.  

18. Re: Gone Gold - Skyrim Nov 4, 2011, 16:39 Sempai

foot wrote on Nov 4, 2011, 16:23:

Ah, linkme cause I'm lazy!

17. Re: Gone Gold - Skyrim Nov 4, 2011, 16:35 qsto

Gone gold, a week away from its release? Is that enough nowadays to duplicate medium for three palatforms and deliver them for retailers all over the world?  

16. Re: Gone Gold - Skyrim Nov 4, 2011, 16:31 Xirgu

oww.. my new pc is arriving next week. Just in time for this,.. except one little cooler adapter that was out of stock :(( .guess I will miss the early bugs. Have high hopes for this, especially once the mod community gets their hands on it. Btw for those that didnt like oblivion check mods like oscuros, they made the game soooo much better..  

15. Re: Gone Gold - Skyrim Nov 4, 2011, 16:28 {PH}88fingers

I hope they have a nice ui for the pc version for good kb/m controls.

and on another note, I have held off playing the latest Grand theft auto games and was looking to try them out on the PC, does using an xbox360 controller there work better for the game experience or does keyboard/mouse ?

14. Re: Gone Gold - Skyrim Nov 4, 2011, 16:23 foot

13. Re: Gone Gold - Skyrim Nov 4, 2011, 16:20 Sempai

Elim wrote on Nov 4, 2011, 16:12:
Hey see it this way, even if it is dumbed down more than Oblivion, which was a really bad game, it still tops Dragon Age 2.
And stop that Graphic Stuff, good Graphics mean shit if the Gameplay sucks, if the Gameplay is good the Graphics don't matter.
This Graphic Stuff is one of the Reasons why we can't have nice Games anymore.

Tell that to Rage.

If the graphics are shit then gameplay is ALL you have, and we all know how amazing Beth is at game design..cough.

At $60 bucks I demand both, let's not even speak of the DLC they'll milk out of you, which is probably already on the disc.

12. Re: Gone Gold - Skyrim Nov 4, 2011, 16:15 Sempai

If you happen to secure your copy of Skyrim before release, be sure NOT to open it and play it, Bethesda will sue you.

GG Bethesda!

Here's hoping this is not a giant steamy pile of ass on PC.

11. Re: Gone Gold - Skyrim Nov 4, 2011, 16:12 Elim

Hey see it this way, even if it is dumbed down more than Oblivion, which was a really bad game, it still tops Dragon Age 2.
And stop that Graphic Stuff, good Graphics mean shit if the Gameplay sucks, if the Gameplay is good the Graphics don't matter.
This Graphic Stuff is one of the Reasons why we can't have nice Games anymore.

10. Re: Gone Gold - Skyrim Nov 4, 2011, 16:09 Halo

Verno wrote on Nov 4, 2011, 16:08:
I can't decide if I'm going to play this or Saints Row 3 that day

SR3.

9. Re: Gone Gold - Skyrim Nov 4, 2011, 16:08 Verno

I can't decide if I'm going to play this or Saints Row 3 that day  

Playing: Dragon Age Inquisition, Far Cry 4, This War of Mine
Watching: The Fall, The Walking Dead, Leon

8. Re: Gone Gold - Skyrim Nov 4, 2011, 16:08 Mashiki Amiketo

venomhed wrote on Nov 4, 2011, 15:55:
Have mixed feelings on this game. The PC vids seemed really nice, but the game reminds me so much of Oblivion which I didn't really enjoy. Watchin the leaked 20 min XBox video too was a bit dissapointing. The engine isn't that impressive, but still, best to wait and play it. I am sure I will lose 20-40 hours in it, and like all Elder Scrolls games, walk away from it cold.
Just so you know, it plays much more like morrowind than oblivion. I do know someone who has a press copy. With any luck I'll get a chance to swing by this weekend to give it a try.

--
"For every human problem,
there is a neat, simple solution;
and it is always wrong."
--H.L. Mencken

7. Re: Gone Gold - Skyrim Nov 4, 2011, 16:07 Cutter

Techie714 © wrote on Nov 4, 2011, 15:56:
Man that place looks like such an awesome place to work!! Tons of cool Fallout stuff everywhere!

BTW: First patch is probably well into production..hehe

I noes! I want to break in and steal that BOS statue! I don't understand that if they're going to get a bunch of those made up for promotional material why not sell them to the general public? With enough orders they're going to get a price break so it's cheaper for them and the fans get something freakin' cool, win-win!

"Bye weeks? Bronko Nagurski didn't get no bye weeks, and now he's dead… Well, maybe they're a good thing." - Moe

6. Re: Gone Gold - Skyrim Nov 4, 2011, 16:05 Cutter

venomhed wrote on Nov 4, 2011, 15:55:
Have mixed feelings on this game. The PC vids seemed really nice, but the game reminds me so much of Oblivion which I didn't really enjoy. Watchin the leaked 20 min XBox video too was a bit dissapointing. The engine isn't that impressive, but still, best to wait and play it. I am sure I will lose 20-40 hours in it, and like all Elder Scrolls games, walk away from it cold.

PC footage? Where? Link please!

5. Re: Gone Gold - Skyrim Nov 4, 2011, 16:01 DangerDog

It's done!!!

lol, not quite.

patches, patches, patches.

84 Replies. 5 pages. Viewing page 4.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo