Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Anno 2070 Demo

A playable demo is now available for Anno 2070, Related Designs' upcoming futuristic installment in the Anno/A.D. series of strategy games. The demo comes in several languages, some or all of which are available on AtomicGamer, ComputerGames.ro, GamePro, Gamer's Hell, Strategy Informer, and Worthplaying. According to GamePro: "The demo offers the first two missions from the game, tasking the player with building a hydroelectric power plant for the Tycoon faction. Gameplay concepts are introduced through a series of quests designed to familiarize players with core mechanics one at a time."

View
23 Replies. 2 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 ] Older >

23. Re: Anno 2070 Demo Nov 5, 2011, 02:24 eRe4s3r

That alone is one of the greatest usability features ever. No more hunting for the building you need, now everything is right there.

Also I love the art style of this.. much more so than in Venice. First 2 Missions are Tutorial so its not spoilering much, but what i can see looks great. Also notice the Subway like plaza.. if you go in post-card mode you can look inside (with some tricks) and everything in there is fully detailed, TEDDY BEAR shops, et al.

Love the attention for detail..

Anyhow, as an ANNO addict i have this pre-ordered..

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

22. Re: Anno 2070 Demo Nov 5, 2011, 02:15 Crustacean Soup

If you hover over disabled UI elements in the demo (including Continuous Mode), you get a "You need to be signed in to access this" message. It could very well be that they just reused that for the demo due to time constraints, but it's a little concerning.

The game seems great, though. The setting is quite intriguing, the new stuff that they're able to do with it look extremely promising (like the Ark, and whatever the upgrades for it do), the main menu seems to have a pretty strong online/multiplayer focus to it, and there's a lot of nice little interface enchancements in-game (for example, they have little "resource building trees". Click "Tools", and you get a tree with the buildings you can build for every stage of the production of a tool, instead of having to hunt around an enormous buildings list for them).

21. Re: Anno 2070 Demo Nov 4, 2011, 22:45 Ashley

Yaogun wrote on Nov 4, 2011, 14:07:
It looks like the DRM for this will be "a one-time activation on install, NO always-on DRM." However I also hear murmurs of "players who are online will get bonus incentives" which sounds like Heroes VI's essentially always-on DRM.

Your move, Ubi. Will this be the, geeze, fifth game of yours I didn't buy because of your DRM, or will you wise up?

'One time' or 'always on' will decide whether I buy this or not.

It looks excellent.

20. Re: Anno 2070 Demo Nov 4, 2011, 21:21 Bumpy

Played a quick 15min. I like it. Excellent UI and HUD. When I get some serious sit time, will finish the demo. Need to put this on my 'to buy' list.  

19. Re: Anno 2070 Demo Nov 4, 2011, 19:58 Jivaro

Prez wrote on Nov 4, 2011, 14:22:
I like the direction the series is taking. Now to see how badly Ubistupid ruins my enthusiasm.

same.

18. Re: Anno 2070 Demo Nov 4, 2011, 17:12 Wolfen

yuastnav wrote on Nov 4, 2011, 16:44:
Wolfen wrote on Nov 4, 2011, 15:54:
yuastnav wrote on Nov 4, 2011, 15:23:
Haven't played any Anno games but I am kinda interested in this one because it looks futuristic and sparkly.
"We're in the future. Things are very shiny here."

Anno's definitely have a following. I never payed any attention to them until Dawn of Discovery. I think I might have to re install it actually.

I know.
As far as I know they are especially big here in Germany which is not necessarily surprising since it is developed by a German company and, from what I understand, it is also a very decent series.

Sounds about right hehe.

17. Re: Anno 2070 Demo Nov 4, 2011, 16:44 yuastnav

Wolfen wrote on Nov 4, 2011, 15:54:
Haven't played any Anno games but I am kinda interested in this one because it looks futuristic and sparkly.

Anno's definitely have a following. I never payed any attention to them until Dawn of Discovery. I think I might have to re install it actually.

I know.
As far as I know they are especially big here in Germany which is not necessarily surprising since it is developed by a German company and, from what I understand, it is also a very decent series.

16. Re: Anno 2070 Demo Nov 4, 2011, 16:41 gradbot

I had tons of fun playing the first game in local co-op. It's like Civilization, but in a very narrow time frame, ships only and in real time. You can also set a number of different winning conditions.  

15. Re: Anno 2070 Demo Nov 4, 2011, 15:54 Wolfen

14. Re: Anno 2070 Demo Nov 4, 2011, 15:23 yuastnav

13. Re: Anno 2070 Demo Nov 4, 2011, 14:44 Crustacean Soup

Downloading. The videos look terrific, they got the whole charming Anno style working for them in a futuristic game.  

12. Re: Anno 2070 Demo Nov 4, 2011, 14:22 Prez

I like the direction the series is taking. Now to see how badly Ubistupid ruins my enthusiasm.  

“The greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be judged by the way its animals are treated.”
- Mahatma Gandhi

11. Re: Anno 2070 Demo Nov 4, 2011, 14:07 Yaogun

It looks like the DRM for this will be "a one-time activation on install, NO always-on DRM." However I also hear murmurs of "players who are online will get bonus incentives" which sounds like Heroes VI's essentially always-on DRM.

Your move, Ubi. Will this be the, geeze, fifth game of yours I didn't buy because of your DRM, or will you wise up?

10. Re: Anno 2070 Demo Nov 4, 2011, 13:51 Wolfen

Quboid wrote on Nov 4, 2011, 13:25:
Wolfen wrote on Nov 4, 2011, 13:09:
Quboid wrote on Nov 4, 2011, 12:44:
I've loved the Anno series, except for 1503's disappearing multiplayer, but I'm really not sure about about the future setting. If only there was a demo, why does no one release those any more?

Ummmm. Are you being sarcastic? I hope so.

Yes I am.

Thank you for restoring my faith in humanity. LOL

9. Re: Anno 2070 Demo Nov 4, 2011, 13:49 eRe4s3r

Rule 21 of the Intertubes, sarcasm is lost in translation  

8. Re: Anno 2070 Demo Nov 4, 2011, 13:25 Quboid

Wolfen wrote on Nov 4, 2011, 13:09:
I've loved the Anno series, except for 1503's disappearing multiplayer, but I'm really not sure about about the future setting. If only there was a demo, why does no one release those any more?

Yes I am.

- Quboid

7. Re: Anno 2070 Demo Nov 4, 2011, 13:09 Wolfen

6. Re: Anno 2070 Demo Nov 4, 2011, 12:44 Quboid

- Quboid

5. Re: Anno 2070 Demo<br> A playable demo is now available for <b>Anno 2070</b>, Related Designs' upcom Nov 4, 2011, 12:06 Bumpy

Hey, an Anno I might like. Will try demo tonight.  

4. Re: Anno 2070 Demo<br> A playable demo is now available for <b>Anno 2070</b>, Related Designs' upcom Nov 4, 2011, 11:07 Wolfen

If it's anything like Dawn of Discovery then it is far from a piece of shit.  

23 Replies. 2 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo