Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Battlefield 3 GeForce Tweak

PC Games Hardware offers what they say is a solution for stuttering and mouse lag problems for users playing Battlefield 3 under DirectX 10 with older GeForce graphics cards. They say this is simply entering the following command at the console: "RenderDevice.ForceRenderAheadLimit 1".

View
7 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

7. Re: Battlefield 3 GeForce Tweak Nov 4, 2011, 19:57 jimnms

Is there a tweak to get rid of the dirty lens look?  

Steam Profile
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

6. Re: Battlefield 3 GeForce Tweak Nov 4, 2011, 16:02 DangerDog

LittleMe wrote on Nov 4, 2011, 12:26:
Here's another one I found on a forum:

Go to my documents/battlefield 3/settings and open up PROF_SAVE_profile

To turn off the sun glare, set Gst.Render Enlighten to 0, if you wish to lower the contrast, lower GstRender.Contrast a bit, same goes for GstRender.Brightness

Didn't notice any difference. Maybe I'm not following what "sun glare" is.

5. Re: Battlefield 3 GeForce Tweak Nov 4, 2011, 15:36 TangledThorns

I have a AMD 6870 and have the same stutter issue. The console command was talked about last week and didn't work. We think it could be a VRAM issue.  

4. Re: Battlefield 3 GeForce Tweak Nov 4, 2011, 15:07 Matshock

Shataan wrote on Nov 4, 2011, 14:45:
Why pray tell would anyone need to use the console command, when renderahead limits can be set in the Geforce nVidia vis applet settings?

This is hardly what I`d call a solution. The real solution would be an updated nVidia driver for BF 3.

And the next time I see anything bout BF 3 advertized, I hope it is to tell us the devs released a patch update, OR nVidia just released a true BF 3 optimized driver.

I just had to revert to the 285.3x beta to get BF3 to not crash during map changes- I'm running DX11.

Nvidia really dropped the ball here. They had a whole year to prepare for a AAA DX11 release. I hope they don't screw up Batman AC too.

3. Re: Battlefield 3 GeForce Tweak Nov 4, 2011, 14:45 Shataan

Why pray tell would anyone need to use the console command, when renderahead limits can be set in the Geforce nVidia vis applet settings?

This is hardly what I`d call a solution. The real solution would be an updated nVidia driver for BF 3.

And the next time I see anything bout BF 3 advertized, I hope it is to tell us the devs released a patch update, OR nVidia just released a true BF 3 optimized driver.

2. Re: Battlefield 3 GeForce Tweak Nov 4, 2011, 14:43 jamiedj99

cant you just lower your render frames in the nvidia profiler  

1. Re: Battlefield 3 GeForce Tweak Nov 4, 2011, 12:26 LittleMe

Here's another one I found on a forum:

Go to my documents/battlefield 3/settings and open up PROF_SAVE_profile

To turn off the sun glare, set Gst.Render Enlighten to 0, if you wish to lower the contrast, lower GstRender.Contrast a bit, same goes for GstRender.Brightness

Political freedom can only be preceded by economic freedom which is preceded by monetary freedom.

7 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo