Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Sanctum DLC Plans; Sale; Free Weekend

Swedish developer Coffee Stain Studio announces plans for a patch for Santum which will add new DLC to their tower defense/first-person shooter hybrid. The update will be called "The Old City," and among other things, it will add two new maps, a new tower, and a new weapon to the game. In the meantime, a free weekend is underway for Sanctum which will conclude Sunday afternoon. Those who enjoy that experience have the opportunity to get the game at a discount, as Steam is offering it at a 50% discount between now and November 7th.

View
10 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

10. Re: Sanctum DLC Plans; Sale; Free Weekend Nov 4, 2011, 14:17 Prez

Wetworks wrote on Nov 4, 2011, 13:05:
Sifter wrote on Nov 3, 2011, 21:36:
Over all, Sanctum is a enjoyable game. My main grip is that the developer raped original customers over content. The game started with 4 maps for $10.

Actually the game started with only 3 maps. They added 3 maps for free since then (glade, complex, facility), added in 4 player co-op (up from 2 player), added in turbo and endless modes, and some bug fixes. So the devs did support the game for free.

People are upset that there are 4 dlc maps and some towers and weapons dlc. I personally don't see anything wrong with that.

I don't think there are any weapons as paid DLC, are there? It seems the new ones were added for free. The DLC is towers and maps.

At any rate, they did do a good job adding free stuff; I just thought the latest freebies should have come first. No matter - the game is very good now - had fun playing last night.

“The greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be judged by the way its animals are treated.”
- Mahatma Gandhi
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

9. Re: Sanctum DLC Plans; Sale; Free Weekend Nov 4, 2011, 13:05 Wetworks

Over all, Sanctum is a enjoyable game. My main grip is that the developer raped original customers over content. The game started with 4 maps for $10.

Actually the game started with only 3 maps. They added 3 maps for free since then (glade, complex, facility), added in 4 player co-op (up from 2 player), added in turbo and endless modes, and some bug fixes. So the devs did support the game for free.

People are upset that there are 4 dlc maps and some towers and weapons dlc. I personally don't see anything wrong with that.

8. Re: Sanctum DLC Plans; Sale; Free Weekend Nov 4, 2011, 02:42 Prez

killer_roach wrote on Nov 4, 2011, 00:37:

The game was $15 at launch... I remember because I bought it during the Steam summer sale for 75% off, paying $3.75 to do so.

I stand corrected.

“The greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be judged by the way its animals are treated.”
- Mahatma Gandhi

7. It's already out Nov 4, 2011, 01:12 SBlat

I'm pretty sure the announced "Old City" patch came out just before the free weekend, Steam's been trying to download the 1.2GB patch for the last few days, any time my laptop goes online.

http://store.steampowered.com/news/6666/

It says it includes the two new maps, the tower, and the new weapon, though not as additional for-pay DLC, just as content in the patch.

6. Re: Sanctum DLC Plans; Sale; Free Weekend Nov 4, 2011, 00:37 killer_roach

Prez wrote on Nov 4, 2011, 00:19:
I'm thinking they started a bit too early with the DLC. The 4 weapons and 4 maps made for a bit of a scarce intial offering, though then again it's hard to be too pissed considering the original $10 price tag. I'm going to get my game fully patched with all the DLC and get gaming.

The game was $15 at launch... I remember because I bought it during the Steam summer sale for 75% off, paying $3.75 to do so.

5. Re: Sanctum DLC Plans; Sale; Free Weekend Nov 4, 2011, 00:19 Prez

I'm thinking they started a bit too early with the DLC. The 4 weapons and 4 maps made for a bit of a scarce intial offering, though then again it's hard to be too pissed considering the original $10 price tag. I'm going to get my game fully patched with all the DLC and get gaming.  

- Mahatma Gandhi

4. Re: Sanctum DLC Plans; Sale; Free Weekend Nov 4, 2011, 00:06 Esoteric

Over all, Sanctum is a enjoyable game. My main grip is that the developer raped original customers over content. The game started with 4 maps for $10. If you ask me that is very little content for the price. Later they added additional maps for $2 a piece and weapons for $1, which is bit steep. As for the current sale, you get a decent game (11 maps + all additional weapons) for $10, which to me is well worth it (or you could just beat the game during the free weekend.)

I agree with this. I liked the game, but the developers should have made some free maps first before going all out on DLC. Dungeon Defenders, on the other hand, has already patched and added content above and beyond the initial price, AND it's more fun with more longevity.

3. Re: Sanctum DLC Plans; Sale; Free Weekend Nov 3, 2011, 23:27 xXBatmanXx

I bought that developer pack for 10.00 and got sanctum and a bunch of DLC + 3 other games. Just fired it up for an hour. I have never been a fan of tower games, but I really enjoyed the first 20 waves (first map) of Sanctum.

I am interested in doing coop on it if anyone is around....

In this present crisis, government is not the solution to our problem; government is the problem. / Few men have virtue enough to withstand the highest bidder.
Playing: New dad

2. Re: Sanctum DLC Plans; Sale; Free Weekend Nov 3, 2011, 22:41 jacobvandy

Yeah, I've grudgingly bought the half-price DLC pack today, they're lucky I like the game enough to bother. If they're adding 2 new maps, a new tower, and a new weapon in a patch for FREE, they must have finally realized how much ire they've drawn from fans lately.  

1. Re: Sanctum DLC Plans; Sale; Free Weekend Nov 3, 2011, 21:36 Sifter

Over all, Sanctum is a enjoyable game. My main grip is that the developer raped original customers over content. The game started with 4 maps for $10. If you ask me that is very little content for the price. Later they added additional maps for $2 a piece and weapons for $1, which is bit steep. As for the current sale, you get a decent game (11 maps + all additional weapons) for $10, which to me is well worth it (or you could just beat the game during the free weekend.)  

10 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo