Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Modern Warfare 3 Social Experience Trailer; Midnight Madness Plans

A new Social Experience trailer from Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3 highlights the social integration in the upcoming military shooter sequel. The game's developers outline how its Facebook and ELITE integration will help players to connect with friends and supports their "three big pillars, connect compete and improve."

Also, with the game's release coming next Tuesday in many territories, GameStop announces they are holding special launch events on both coasts starting Monday, leading to some midnight madness for those who want to get the game the moment it's available. Starting at 8:00 pm November 7th, gamers who show up at the GameStop at 7100 Santa Monica Blvd in West Hollywood, CA or the Union Square GameStop at 32 E. 14th Street in Manhattan will have the opportunity to try the game before it goes on sale, meet its developers, check out an edition of the game-themed Jeep, and win t-shirts and other giveaways.

View
22 Replies. 2 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 ] Older >

22. Re: Modern Warfare 3 Social Experience Trailer; Midnight Madness Plans Nov 4, 2011, 09:37 nin

[VG]Reagle wrote on Nov 3, 2011, 20:10:
Guaranteed every hater below has a 0.5 K/D ratio or worse....

Does that mean their opinion is magically no longer valid?

http://store.nin.com/index.php?cPath=10
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

21. Re: Modern Warfare 3 Social Experience Trailer; Midnight Madness Plans Nov 4, 2011, 06:08 SpectralMeat

[VG]Reagle wrote on Nov 3, 2011, 20:10:
0.5 is actually pretty good, no?

Steam: SpectralMeat

20. Re: Modern Warfare 3 Social Experience Trailer; Midnight Madness Plans Nov 4, 2011, 00:55 Cartman

I've resisted joining Facebook and other social crap sites and this game isn't going to change that. Guess I am stuck playing the old versions of COD for the foreseeable future.

Angry

P.S. What's next? Having twatter integrated into the next COD? Laugh2

19. Re: Modern Warfare 3 Social Experience Trailer; Midnight Madness Plans Nov 4, 2011, 00:47 Jackplug

After watching a few videos I noticed that it looks identical to Black Ops, there has only been a few changes in gameplay. Changes being a few weapons and characters, other than that its identical.

18. Re: Modern Warfare 3 Social Experience Trailer; Midnight Madness Plans Nov 3, 2011, 23:38 xXBatmanXx

That being said....I may recant my statement and get MW3.....maybe....still not getting BF3.  

In this present crisis, government is not the solution to our problem; government is the problem. / Few men have virtue enough to withstand the highest bidder.
Playing: New dad

17. Re: Modern Warfare 3 Social Experience Trailer; Midnight Madness Plans Nov 3, 2011, 23:34 xXBatmanXx

I find it a little funny that they think they have "created" something that we already had in place with online communities.....but now we have to pay for it, and it is shoved down our throats via Facebook.  

In this present crisis, government is not the solution to our problem; government is the problem. / Few men have virtue enough to withstand the highest bidder.
Playing: New dad

16. Re: Modern Warfare 3 Social Experience Trailer; Midnight Madness Plans Nov 3, 2011, 20:10 [VG]Reagle

I am MUCH MUCH MUCH better now.

15. Re: Modern Warfare 3 Social Experience Trailer; Midnight Madness Plans Nov 3, 2011, 19:34 lvitriol

Social experience... I do not know why but I came to think about George Michael.  

more sp.

14. Re: Modern Warfare 3 Social Experience Trailer; Midnight Madness Plans Nov 3, 2011, 19:21 nin

Tumbler wrote on Nov 3, 2011, 17:38:
I'll pay five bucks to the first person that rapes the shit out of Tumbler in MW3 multi.

LOL, I imagine it might sound something like this.

Wait, wait where do I plug in my keyboard and mouse!? Wait, no, don't start! No I'm not plugged in! Hold on, WTF that is bullshit, I'm not ready. Hold on, no, NOOOO!!! STOPPPP!!! GODDAMMIT! How the hell do I work thi- FUCK! Alright I got m- DAMMIT. It's not working!!! Stop!!! I'm not ready, can someone move that chair over here!? I need a table!!! This isn't fair!!!

In all fairness Tumbler, I doubt I'd do any better.

13. Re: Modern Warfare 3 Social Experience Trailer; Midnight Madness Plans Nov 3, 2011, 18:41 Ventura

Stop buying this kind of crap dammit!

Are you kidding? By all accounts they've done a great job with it this year. Among other things, the new survival mode is getting pretty good press and assures there really is something for everyone (unlike BF3, dare I say).

I'm all for shitting on bad games, but that's not really the case here. The whole 'cod hate' thing is really starting to get old.

12. Re: Modern Warfare 3 Social Experience Trailer; Midnight Madness Plans Nov 3, 2011, 18:37 MajorD

OVERKILL!!!

I have no plans to purchase this game and not a COD MP player, however, upon watching the video, the only thing that looks worth while is the way you can tweak your loadouts outside of the game, and then upload it to the game. Other than that it is pretty much overkill......

11. Re: Modern Warfare 3 Social Experience Trailer; Midnight Madness Plans Nov 3, 2011, 18:31 MajorD

Luke wrote on Nov 3, 2011, 17:18:

The future of pc games will look like this :

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=W1ZtBCpo0eU

Dude, that was F'ing classic!!! Thanks for sharing....

10. Re: Modern Warfare 3 Social Experience Trailer; Midnight Madness Plans Nov 3, 2011, 17:38 Tumbler

I'll pay five bucks to the first person that rapes the shit out of Tumbler in MW3 multi.

LOL, I imagine it might sound something like this.

Wait, wait where do I plug in my keyboard and mouse!? Wait, no, don't start! No I'm not plugged in! Hold on, WTF that is bullshit, I'm not ready. Hold on, no, NOOOO!!! STOPPPP!!! GODDAMMIT! How the hell do I work thi- FUCK! Alright I got m- DAMMIT. It's not working!!! Stop!!! I'm not ready, can someone move that chair over here!? I need a table!!! This isn't fair!!!

99gamers.com-Game trading site, PC digital trading!
Kickstarter "Game Developer"!

9. Re: Modern Warfare 3 Social Experience Trailer; Midnight Madness Plans Nov 3, 2011, 17:31 DangerDog

Facebook integration, so now your employer/school/government can monitor how much time you spend playing video games.

awesome!

8. Re: Modern Warfare 3 Social Experience Trailer; Midnight Madness Plans Nov 3, 2011, 17:18 Luke

FFS not that facebook shit again.......

Keep saying yes to all that jazz and :

The future of pc games will look like this :

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=W1ZtBCpo0eU

7. Re: Modern Warfare 3 Social Experience Trailer; Midnight Madness Plans Nov 3, 2011, 16:58 Techie714

nin wrote on Nov 3, 2011, 16:13:
I've never wanted to go to something like this but the chance to play MW3 for free sounds enticing...and I'm genuinely curious at what the crowd will be like.

Oh man that is great! I was seriously laughing my ass off when I read this comment!!!

Steam (ID)
http://steamcommunity.com/id/techie714/
DEAD SH0T
Keep your privacy!
http://prism-break.org/

6. Re: Modern Warfare 3 Social Experience Trailer; Midnight Madness Plans Nov 3, 2011, 16:32 Cutter

Stop buying this kind of crap dammit!

"The South will boogie again!" - Disco Stu

5. Re: Modern Warfare 3 Social Experience Trailer; Midnight Madness Plans Nov 3, 2011, 16:13 nin

I've never wanted to go to something like this but the chance to play MW3 for free sounds enticing...and I'm genuinely curious at what the crowd will be like.

4. Re: Modern Warfare 3 Social Experience Trailer; Midnight Madness Plans Nov 3, 2011, 16:10 CommunistHamster

Bugger off, get metagame and social networks out of my games (although I don't play CoD so I guess I'm not the target market).  

3. Re: Modern Warfare 3 Social Experience Trailer; Midnight Madness Plans Nov 3, 2011, 16:05 EddieTheHack

I may play MW3 for free - but it sure won't be at a best buy. It's funny that activision screwed their developers out of hundreds of millions of dollars from royalties and then turns around and cries victim when the game leaks because they are going to loose a few hundred thousand at most.  

22 Replies. 2 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo