Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Greenbelt, MD 08/22

Regularly scheduled events

Rainbow 6 Patriots Announced

Ubisoft officially announces Tom Clancy's Rainbow 6 Patriots, the next installment in the tactical shooter series that's three times as impressive as a double-rainbow, confirming the title recently revealed by some domain registrations. The game is expected for Windows PC, Xbox 360, and PlayStation 3 in 2013. We have the (admittedly not final) box art from the game, and this from the announcement:

In Tom Clancy’s Rainbow 6 Patriots, Team Rainbow faces a new and very real threat called the “True Patriots,” a highly-trained, well-organized revolutionary group that claim the American government is irrevocably corrupted by greedy politicians and corporate special interests. The True Patriots will do whatever it takes to reclaim their country. Playing as Rainbow, players will face critical scenarios that will require them to make tough ethical decisions in order to stop this new breed of terrorists.

In addition to the immersive single-player storyline, Tom Clancy’s Rainbow 6 Patriots will introduce a huge variety of new innovative co-op and multi-player experiences. Players will be rewarded for working as a team and mastering the game’s new features that enhance communication and tactical execution between teammates. Success will come from a mix of split-second decision making and working to coordinate attacks against the enemy.

Additional details on Tom Clancy’s Rainbow 6 Patriots can be found in an exclusive cover story in the Christmas issue of Official Xbox Magazine, available 30th November.

For more information about Tom Clancy’s Rainbow 6 Patriots, please visit www.rainbow6.com and “like” the game on Facebook at www.facebook.com/Rainbow6

View
41 Replies. 3 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 ] Older >

41. Re: Rainbow 6 Patriots Announced Jan 22, 2012, 01:50 ^Drag0n^

hahnsolo wrote on Nov 4, 2011, 10:55:
This game sounds like a plot for Sum of All Fears 2 and not a Rainbow Six game. I wish Red Storm would take their studio back from Ubisoft.

Agreed. Tom Clancy never should have sold out.

^D^

"Never start a fight, but always finish it."
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

40. Re: Rainbow 6 Patriots Announced Nov 4, 2011, 10:57 StealthR6

Raptor wrote on Nov 4, 2011, 06:55:
Also the concept video for those who haven't seen it:
Concept video

"Press X to kiss wife"
Not too promising to be honest, too many aids from icons, seeing through cars to constant tooltips that you probably can't turn off, 3rd person is never immersive ffs.

Seems like Call of Duty scripted stuff mixed with Vegas style "action hero approach"

OMFG that looks to be about the lamest video game concept trailer I have ever seen. I wonder if they automated the shooting as well, hit x to get kill. Ubi has failed once again! Rainbow Six Letdown, Rainbow Six Vegas 1 & 2 look like masterpieces compared to this turd.

39. Re: Rainbow 6 Patriots Announced Nov 4, 2011, 10:55 hahnsolo

This game sounds like a plot for Sum of All Fears 2 and not a Rainbow Six game. I wish Red Storm would take their studio back from Ubisoft.  

38. Re: Rainbow 6 Patriots Announced Nov 4, 2011, 07:35 Beamer

netnerd85 wrote on Nov 4, 2011, 06:51:
Bard wrote on Nov 3, 2011, 15:42:
Wouldn't it be better for Rainbow to go after THE REAL TERRORISTS - ie - assassinating or capturing bankers and politicians - rather than this transparent brainwashing attempt to support the bastards that have created this mess our country is in today?

That would make a GREAT game.

I would never play a game where I was shooting fellow Australians, the developers should be ashamed of themselves. THIS GAME IS MORALLY WRONG!

Really?
But you'll kill Americans in half the games you play? So Americans can be the enemy but not Australians?

-------------
Music for the discerning:
http://www.deathwishinc.com
http://www.hydrahead.com
http://www.painkillerrecords.com

37. Re: Rainbow 6 Patriots Announced Nov 4, 2011, 06:55 Raptor

Also the concept video for those who haven't seen it:
Concept video

"Press X to kiss wife"
Not too promising to be honest, too many aids from icons, seeing through cars to constant tooltips that you probably can't turn off, 3rd person is never immersive ffs.

Seems like Call of Duty scripted stuff mixed with Vegas style "action hero approach"

36. Re: Rainbow 6 Patriots Announced Nov 4, 2011, 06:51 netnerd85

Bard wrote on Nov 3, 2011, 15:42:
Wouldn't it be better for Rainbow to go after THE REAL TERRORISTS - ie - assassinating or capturing bankers and politicians - rather than this transparent brainwashing attempt to support the bastards that have created this mess our country is in today?

That would make a GREAT game.

I would never play a game where I was shooting fellow Australians, the developers should be ashamed of themselves. THIS GAME IS MORALLY WRONG!

35. Re: Rainbow 6 Patriots Announced Nov 4, 2011, 03:57 Raptor

Dalumberjack wrote on Nov 3, 2011, 19:47:
Am I one of the few that miss the Rogue Spear days? I wish people still played that version.

It would be awesome if they did a remake or this new installment that was somewhat faithful to the old ways of the series.

You're not alone there, I loved that game & I played it to death, the online was a blast.

Raven Shield was still a very good game as well and tons of fun, except for the MP not being balanced properly but everything after that has been console tainted garbage.

They really need to get back to the basics rather than trying to make it into a cinematic experience catared for all audiences.

34. Re: Rainbow 6 Patriots Announced Nov 4, 2011, 03:14 Krodge

Since Rainbow is supposed to be an international group and not just a bunch of Americans it'll be cool if this time none the team members were American.
So all the US team members are busy in the Middle East, Russia or South America somewhere as so often they are in games.
And the team you play consists of an Egyptian a Russian and an Colombian fighting these occupy wall-street with guns protestors.

Peoples reviews would be more entertaining than the game

33. Re: Rainbow 6 Patriots Announced Nov 3, 2011, 22:49 Teddy

Prez wrote on Nov 3, 2011, 20:25:
I was never a big fan of the planning phase. It was cool and all, but the vast majority of the mission time was spent in a 3D wireframe setting waypoints and commands - the mission itself would only take a fraction of the time. Not unrealistic, but not necessarily "fun" either...

Definitions of "fun" vary. I enjoyed the strategic side of it very much and have hated every game they put out since that didn't have it. It was one of the defining features of the R6 titles, then they decided to remove it and try and make it just like every other shooter on the market.

32. Re: Rainbow 6 Patriots Announced Nov 3, 2011, 22:05 xXBatmanXx

Didn't we read about this already? oh...nm....gotta read more than the headline I guess! heheheh  

In this present crisis, government is not the solution to our problem; government is the problem. / Few men have virtue enough to withstand the highest bidder.
Playing: New dad

31. Re: Rainbow 6 Patriots Announced Nov 3, 2011, 20:25 Prez

I was never a big fan of the planning phase. It was cool and all, but the vast majority of the mission time was spent in a 3D wireframe setting waypoints and commands - the mission itself would only take a fraction of the time. Not unrealistic, but not necessarily "fun" either...  

“The greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be judged by the way its animals are treated.”
- Mahatma Gandhi

30. Re: Rainbow 6 Patriots Announced Nov 3, 2011, 19:47 Dalumberjack

Am I one of the few that miss the Rogue Spear days? I wish people still played that version.

It would be awesome if they did a remake or this new installment that was somewhat faithful to the old ways of the series.

I never wanted to do this job in the first place! I... I wanted to be... A LUMBERJACK! Leaping from tree to tree! As they float down the mighty rivers of British Columbia! With my best girl by my side! The Larch! The Pine! The Giant Redwood tree! The Seq

29. thank you, thank you, i'll be here all week, folks Nov 3, 2011, 19:16 space captain

Gallery  
Go forth, and kill!

28. Re: Rainbow 6 Patriots Announced Nov 3, 2011, 19:15 Beamer

Flatline wrote on Nov 3, 2011, 17:46:
Beamer wrote on Nov 3, 2011, 16:58:
Of course not.
For one, the game is likely going to play with the moral ambiguity.
Even if it doesn't, the terrorists will clearly be terrorists regardless of motives. LittleMe, I know you have a tinfoil hat on, but if some OWS people put a nuclear bomb in the middle of Wall Street and blew it up wouldn't you say that they were terrorists? Even if you agreed with their fundamental ideas?

Unless OWS as an organization supported such an effort, or the leadership was responsible for such an effort, no, I wouldn't say OWS was a terrorist organization. I'd say some wackos terrorists used OWS as a cover to do something horrible.

OWS is a bad example since it's so nebulous. There's nobody checking OWS membership cards at the gate: Anyone can show up and protest. I'm sure racists, militia/sovereign nuts, and all kinds of bigots have showed up at OWS protests. Doesn't mean that OWS is any of those things until they significantly support such concepts.

Case in point: In Occupy Oakland's general strike yesterday there were some vandals, breaking windows and spay-painting graffiti. By your example OO would be a vandal group. However, the rest of OO did their best to restrain and deny the vandals, and in some cases even came back to clean up graffiti and other vandalism.

So the question becomes, by your example, is Occupy Oakland peaceful or vandals?

Ignore the reality and think video game fiction. It isn't hard to come up with a fictional group so extreme in their anti-corporate greed beliefs that they start waging war on America. That will most likely be the theme. The book Rainbow Six featured a Greenpeace-esque organization that had turned to violent terrorism to make their point. It was stupid, sure, but the point was a group with reasonable beliefs that many support going extreme.

You know, like Al Queda is.

Saying "but these are the good guys" is moronic, as people do horrific things for good reasons all the time.

-------------
Music for the discerning:
http://www.deathwishinc.com
http://www.hydrahead.com
http://www.painkillerrecords.com

27. Re: Rainbow 6 Patriots Announced Nov 3, 2011, 19:06 Prez

space captain wrote on Nov 3, 2011, 18:58:
Sounds like you are one stupid little

LittleMe wrote on Nov 3, 2011, 16:55:
dupe!

Oh, so you already know. That's good.

Okay, now that was funny! Giggle

“The greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be judged by the way its animals are treated.”
- Mahatma Gandhi

26. Re: Rainbow 6 Patriots Announced Nov 3, 2011, 18:58 space captain

LittleMe wrote on Nov 3, 2011, 16:56:
True. "The means and the end are one." - Eckhart Tolle

I see you've been suckling at Oprah's teet again. (... seriously folks, that is Oprah's guru)

Sounds like you are one stupid little

LittleMe wrote on Nov 3, 2011, 16:55:
dupe!

Oh, so you already know. That's good.

Go forth, and kill!

25. Re: Rainbow 6 Patriots Announced Nov 3, 2011, 18:47 lvitriol

LOL CONSOLE $$$$$$$$$$$$$.  

more sp.

24. Re: Rainbow 6 Patriots Announced Nov 3, 2011, 18:18 Dades

This will be consolized garbage just like everything else they've done with Rainbow Six over the past seven years.  

23. Re: Rainbow 6 Patriots Announced Nov 3, 2011, 17:58 StealthR6

Right on. Ubisoft has destroyed this wonderful franchise. Turned it from the best tactical shooter to console garbage and that's saying it nicely. Ubisoft got their heads stuffed so far up their asses that they couldn't even admit how they fucked up. Notice there press info, we'll be taking Rainbow Six Patroits in a new direction... really, let me guess, COD like? Will be it anything like the multiple delayed Ghost Recon future soldier? I can't wait!!! The game will be an utter failure. No miracle Deux Ex HR awesomeness here. Move along...  

22. Re: Rainbow 6 Patriots Announced Nov 3, 2011, 17:51 Flatline

And moreso on topic, that art looks more like a Max Payne cover than a counter-terrorist tactical FPS.

As for the plot, I'm sure that there will be "good" protesters and "bad" protesters, and that the "good" protesters will initially look like they're becoming violent, and decried by the "bad" protesters, and R6 will go kill a bunch of the quasi-violent protesters until they accidentally uncover the "bad" protesters' super mega evil plan and have to rush to defeat it.

41 Replies. 3 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo