Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

On The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim Audio

The Bethesda Blog points to Making a Dragon Sandwich: The Sound of Skyrim, a new feature on the audio in The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim, Bethesda's imminent RPG sequel. This includes a podcast and a trailer on recording the Jeremy Soule-composed soundtrack (which is is now available for preorder) and the game's voice acting. The trailer includes anecdotes about composing and recording a song in dragon language and how they are responding to the complaints about how many NPCs in Oblivion shared the same voices by employing 70+ actors for over 110 roles, which Todd Howard notes is "a lot more than we've ever had." We also hear from a couple of those voice actors, Joan Allen and Christopher Plummer.

View
9. Re: On The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim Audio Nov 3, 2011, 18:57 Acleacius

Dev wrote on Nov 3, 2011, 18:03:
Wow, 70+ voice actors? That's huge! And some are doing multiple, over 110 sounding voices? Nice!

That's almost twice as much as animated movies (I just checked Cars 2 and it had a "mere" 40 or so voice actors)!

How about Rage where you have an entire squad talking to each other with the same voice? Like clones. id couldn't even be bothered to hire more than a few.

Anyway, have you looked into mods? Surely there are mods to at least turn off selected voices, perhaps even more voices mods.
I agree with you dev 100%, please don't get me started on id. Devilish
In D3, they had one voice actor doing all 20 or so voices, EVEN the lone female! Flamethrower

I've heard the horror stories about Rage....especially if you just stay in a spot for a minute or two....they all say the same thing over and over and over, with the same voice actor. Hell, not to mention friends say 50% of the game is invisible walls, you can't even jump onto a simple railing, much less climb up and explore hillsides. Guess I'm just thankful id finally made it to the 21st century programming skill level, of having functioning outdoor levels. Wall

I hope there are some mods if not now, some day. Thought about loading up Morrowwind. Nexus is conducting their closed beta for their new Mod Manager which is working across all the games they support. I think it's going to work much like the WOW Mod Updater works, where you can see lists of available mods and install them all on the fly.
Nexus Mod Manager in extended closed beta with mod authors

RollinThundr wrote on Nov 3, 2011, 17:59:
.....That they have Cliffy B pimping ME3 in a trailer says alot to me,.....
WTF? The douche, who in 1999 almost single handily killed Coop gaming and brought shame and disgrace to PC gaming with Forced Cover is in a ME3 commercial? How embarrassing for Bioware. Embarrassed

The people can always be brought to the bidding of the leaders.That is easy.All you have to do is tell them they are being attacked and denounce the pacifists for lack of patriotism and exposing the country to danger.It works the same way in any country.
Previous Post Next Post Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

Date Subject Author
  1. Nov 3, 15:14 Re: On The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim Audio foot
  2. Nov 3, 15:53 Re: On The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim Audio Creston
  11. Nov 3, 19:13  Re: On The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim Audio DedEye
  13. Nov 3, 20:42   Re: On The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim Audio Creston
  14. Nov 3, 21:10    Re: On The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim Audio Fion
  18. Nov 4, 01:10  Re: On The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim Audio The Half Elf
  20. Nov 4, 06:19   Re: On The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim Audio Dev
  22. Nov 4, 15:13    Re: On The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim Audio Kastagir
  23. Nov 4, 21:51     Re: On The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim Audio Dev
  21. Nov 4, 11:29   Re: On The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim Audio Creston