Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Gameforge Layoffs - Star Trek: Infinite Space in Jeopardy

German browser-based game developer Gameforge has laid off 100 employees, reports GamesIndustry.biz (registration required). They say that Frogster founder and CEO Christoph Gerlinger is leaving the company after nearly seven years (Gameforge acquired Frogster last year), and outline the gaming implications of the move:

The company has cancelled games Mythos and Hellbreed, and said it may struggle to release Star Trek: Infinite Space unless it can sign a co-publishing deal.

View
10 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

10. Re: Gameforge Layoffs - Star Trek: Infinite Space in Jeopardy Nov 4, 2011, 01:18 The Half Elf

Prez wrote on Nov 3, 2011, 16:27:
The Half Elf wrote on Nov 3, 2011, 12:12:
Infinite is a top down browser game with some 3d space stations. Unless you still have Bridge Commander, Klingon Academy laying around, Star Trek Online is still your best 'Trek' fix.

Seen this one yet?

http://www.indiedb.com/games/star-trek-excalibur

Ohhh thank you Prez, as I am familiar with NanoFX from Bridge Commander, I didn't know they were working on a new engine/game.

"I've never seen a feature like this before. It warms your ass. It's wonderful" -Walter Bishop
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

9. Re: Gameforge Layoffs - Star Trek: Infinite Space in Jeopardy Nov 3, 2011, 17:33 Cutter

Damn, now I cannot stop singing that song.

"Nobody wants to be nobody in America. Ed is the apotheosis of a prevailing American syndrome. It used to be that someone became famous because they were special. Now people are considered special just for being famous. Fame, itself, is its own virtue.

8. Re: Gameforge Layoffs - Star Trek: Infinite Space in Jeopardy Nov 3, 2011, 17:19 Silicon Avatar

I'm just sort of sitting around waiting for STO to go free to play.  

7. Re: Gameforge Layoffs - Star Trek: Infinite Space in Jeopardy Nov 3, 2011, 16:27 Prez

Infinite is a top down browser game with some 3d space stations. Unless you still have Bridge Commander, Klingon Academy laying around, Star Trek Online is still your best 'Trek' fix.

Seen this one yet?

http://www.indiedb.com/games/star-trek-excalibur

“The greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be judged by the way its animals are treated.”
- Mahatma Gandhi

6. Re: Gameforge Layoffs - Star Trek: Infinite Space in Jeopardy Nov 3, 2011, 16:11 WyldKat

Yep.

STO is actually fun now, too. They fixed the boring ground combat and space feels more responsive.

5. Re: Gameforge Layoffs - Star Trek: Infinite Space in Jeopardy Nov 3, 2011, 13:31 Cutter

"I lost on Jeopary, baby..."
- Weird Al

"Nobody wants to be nobody in America. Ed is the apotheosis of a prevailing American syndrome. It used to be that someone became famous because they were special. Now people are considered special just for being famous. Fame, itself, is its own virtue.

4. Re: Gameforge Layoffs - Star Trek: Infinite Space in Jeopardy Nov 3, 2011, 12:27 Angrius Maximis

With every Star Trek game released full of epic fail maybe this is a good thing  

3. Re: Gameforge Layoffs - Star Trek: Infinite Space in Jeopardy Nov 3, 2011, 12:12 The Half Elf

"I've never seen a feature like this before. It warms your ass. It's wonderful" -Walter Bishop

2. Re: Gameforge Layoffs - Star Trek: Infinite Space in Jeopardy Nov 3, 2011, 12:10 nin

Was Infinite Space the game that bridged between the last ST movie and the one coming up? That's the only ST game I can recall being in development...

http://store.nin.com/index.php?cPath=10

1. Re: Gameforge Layoffs - Star Trek: Infinite Space in Jeopardy Nov 3, 2011, 12:04 Rigs

Fffffffffffffffffff... *facepalm*

Dammit, Dammit, Dammit!

I was really looking forward to this! With STO fixing to turn into FreeToPlay, I was hoping this would compliment the other and maybe the combination of the two would help make the 'ultimate' online Star Trek game...but now...Grrr...

=-Rigs-=

'I know what you think you are, what you want us to believe! But I don't buy it! For three years now you've been pulling everyone's strings, getting us to do all the work, and you haven't done a damn thing except stand there and look cryptic.'

10 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo